Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Glad they won tonight ) Nice tough win will do them good and glad to see Doherty playing.

I was in section 15 with my NU friends, but before they came and sat beside me, these young punks behind me were giving me hard time and putting their hand behind my head. So I moved and sat behind them. If I see them at Conte I will call security and have them removed if they bother me or I will **** them up.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
      Anyone want to start taking bets (insert BC gambling joke here) as to when we can expect to see Linell at forward or in the stands?
      Is there a way of communicating with the hockey office/coaches???

Maybe send a paper airplane note towards the bench during the next home game?

Comment

I have my ticket at HAA for Friday's game. I'm going to see if there are more as my friend wants to go too.

It will be interesting to see what happens as BU always plays us tough no matter what. I'm guessing Demko will be in net and Doherty keeps playing on D too. Linell is more suited up front but not on the blue line.
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...y-northeastern

Game Recap

Linell went -3 tonight.
          Coach York thought Billett played well. He said he didn't see the third goal that was credited to Saucerman that fluttered into back of net.
          Patrick Brown had a great quote regarding Gaudreau in the article.
          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
            Linell went -3 tonight.
            Coach York thought Billett played well. He said he didn't see the third goal that was credited to Saucerman that fluttered into back of net.
            Doesn't he get credit for the assist on Saucerman's goal? He put the puck right on his stick to send Saucerman in all alone on Billett. If Jerry didn't see it, someone did. That was Linell's last shift on D for the game.
            I've pretty much stayed out of this Linell thing this season, but I'm a bit confused about his PT. It's like the staff is trying to force this kid to succeed.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Isn't Linell's "strength" on D that he can move the puck out of the defensive zone ? In the end, maybe his gift to the Huskies on NU's second goal will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. That was pathetic

Edit-Fivehole12, you are up early and were crafting your humorous post while I was tongue tied!
              Last edited by sterlippo1; 11-03-2013, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Thought I was up at 5:00. Then I saw the cable box clock... 4:00!
                It's all good. I have a tee time soon. Mid 80's down hear in sunny Florida. Tough to take.

Watched the game on NU's website... free. Very good quality video.
                You are correct... it was NU's 2nd goal, not the third. My bad.
                Last edited by FiveHole12; 11-03-2013, 05:11 AM.
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                  Thought I was up at 5:00. Then I saw the cable box clock... 4:00!
                  It's all good. I have a tee time soon. Mid 80's down hear in sunny Florida. Tough to take.

Watched the game on NU's website... free. Very good quality video.
                  You are correct... it was NU's 2nd goal, not the third. My bad.
                  man, you live the life. Agree about NU's feed, excellent. Say hi to Mrs. Fivehole12 for me. I'm not going to Army next week so i'll see you the next home game after that. Been lazy, not moving from my perch in MM during the first few games

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                    Anyone want to start taking bets (insert BC gambling joke here) as to when we can expect to see Linell at forward or in the stands?
                    Happy to see Doherty get some time, not even going to try to going through the mental gymnastics to justify Linell at this point.

Will be there Friday night, looking forward to it. Assume we see Demko

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                      Happy to see Doherty get some time, not even going to try to going through the mental gymnastics to justify Linell at this point.
                      That's good, because there isn't a way to justify it. I'm happy to see Doherty back in there myself.
                      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                      BC - 12
                      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Goal by goal/GIFs from game 2

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...-northeastern#
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          "Look so empty"

People see some empty seats in the lower bowl and then exaggerate.

All I'm saying is there was actually a good crowd till the students left (whenever that was)
                          I live in NYC, so unfortunately I can't attend the games. I watch every game that's televised though. Obviously, TV limits your sight lines of the crowd. It looked like a lot of empty seats in the lower bowl behind the BC bench. Student sections looked packed when they showed them which is good. And they never showed the upper decks or the lower bowl behind the NU bench ("below" the camera angle). So I was going purely off what could be seen on TV. Glad to hear it was better than my initial impression.

Carmine's comment makes sense. I've seen some people post here that a later start time is good on Fridays to get out of work and over to the rink. I guess that 8pm and 7:30pm difference is bigger than it seems when it comes to family attendance.

Comment

I already hate the new HE scheduling format. I get it that we have more OOC games so we get to play Minnesota , but still..............I can't stand it. We are already done with Northeastern after one weekend

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              I already hate the new HE scheduling format. I get it that we have more OOC games so we get to play Minnesota , but still..............I can't stand it. We are already done with Northeastern after one weekend
                              Beanpot? I was impressed with NU. I wouldn't put them in the HE elite, but they should beat Harvard. And I think we'll be a much more complete, consistent team by tournament season. I know that's not a conference game, but at least we might see them again.

Worse scheduling than that is the UMass-Maine series. Four straight games? That's really bizarre.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCJacket5 View Post
                                Beanpot? I was impressed with NU. I wouldn't put them in the HE elite, but they should beat Harvard. And I think we'll be a much more complete, consistent team by tournament season. I know that's not a conference game, but at least we might see them again.

Worse scheduling than that is the UMass-Maine series. Four straight games? That's really bizarre.
                                Yeah, I think hockey east should have stuck with 10 teams and kept the schedule the way it was. It's not like BC couldn't play UMN under the old schedule. Hopefully it gets better as time goes on.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X