Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Bcjacket, there was a good crowd there...up until the students left for halloween parties
    They left for parties 30 minutes after the game started?

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

No, didn't say they did

Comment

No, didn't say they did
        BCjacket posted at 8:33pm, roughly 30 minutes after the game started. He observed that Conte was empty then. I only saw the third period on TV where there were wide swaths of empty seats, but your statement would make more sense then.

BU's attendance was downright horrible.

Comment

"Look so empty"

People see some empty seats in the lower bowl and then exaggerate.

All I'm saying is there was actually a good crowd till the students left (whenever that was)

Comment

"Look so empty"

People see some empty seats in the lower bowl and then exaggerate.

All I'm saying is there was actually a good crowd till the students left (whenever that was)
            It really was a decent crowd. 8 pm on a Friday is terrible for any season ticket holder with kids. Certainly not full but with so many students (they are absolutely packing the student sections so far aside from the RPI game), I'd say 5500 maybe. Box score says 6400.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Game recap including GIFs:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...au-kevin-hayes
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...ohnny-gaudreau

Game recap
                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...ohnny-gaudreau

Game recap
                  https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                  Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    Didn't see that. I was being sarcastic.

Maybe York was too after some absolute whacko called him "senile" (also facetiously, but I'm sure the resident Jerry Sandusky of USCHO was over there spying it and saving it for a good time to repost here).

On a serious note, getting certain players in the lineup is a good thing. This is close to what the ideal lineup should be. Now if we could fix that strange Linell on defense idea...

Cangelosi moving up with Gaudreau is going to be interesting to see tonight. Could see a few goals from that line.
                    I just don't see why Doherty is sitting when he should be in Linell's place. He does not impress me on the blue line.
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

On a side note, why on earth can't they replicate the style of the gold jersies for the whites and maroons. Watching them there whites and maroons really makes me cringe.

Comment

Will be a tough crowd tonight at Mathews. My friend and his sons will be sitting with me as he went to NU. I hope they cut down on the penalties, they are giving up far too many PP goals this young season. The games at Michigan, Minnesota, and last night. But at least last night they had a SH goal too and JG still had 2 goals despite missing on a lot of breakaways too this season.

Also, they seem to have problems working the puck out of their zones lately and turnovers. I'm hoping they bury the puck early tonight to quiet the crowd tonight.
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCJacket5 View Post
                          Why does Conte look so empty? Has attendance been an issue or is this a 1 time thing? I would have thought an 8pm game would be good for a Friday night.
                          I came in 3 minutes late (thanks Regina's) and the place looked pretty full. I actually thought there was more than 6400 and I didn't know about a Halloween party but after the second period more than half the students left. (w.t.f.? ). Before that, the student sections were packed. Kevin Hayes is a man among boys out there so far this year, man does he look great. He imposes his will on every shift. Great to see after that injury

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            Didn't see that. I was being sarcastic.
                            I knew that

Comment

Game 2 recap, should have goal GIFs tomorrow

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...rn-in-overtime
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Anyone want to start taking bets (insert BC gambling joke here) as to when we can expect to see Linell at forward or in the stands?
                                Originally posted by reBlur
                                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Working...
                                X