Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

In positive defenseman news, what a physical force Santini is a FR. Much needed.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
      In positive defenseman news, what a physical force Santini is a FR. Much needed.
      Yep. Very difficult to deal with in the defensive end. I was just thinking after the last post that you will see him matched up against Pretty Boy Roy with the last change on Friday night as much as possible. There are going to be some interesting cat and mouse games of line matching this season until they put 6 actual Dmen on the ice and end this "experiment." Opposing coaches will probably do whatever it takes to match up their best players against #10.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

MacLeod doesn't make the huge blunders Sneep made frequently. He's certainly not flashy and doesn't add much offensively though.

Now, Teddy Doherty. +7 last year with 18 points--as a freshman. And now he's relegated to the bench so Linell can experiment on D. I keep reading that the reason Linell is back there is because he can move the puck. Well, that's the exact kind of player Doherty was last year. Difference being, Doherty has been playing defense for years.

Comment

I've said my piece on Doherty sitting & Linell on the blue line, I just don't get it at all.

Looks like no Cody for this series, he's been suspended for 2 games for slashing.

The students might not like it but I like the 8:00 start. Tough to get to Conte for 7:00 on a Friday night.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            I keep reading that the reason Linell is back there is because he can move the puck. Well, that's the exact kind of player Doherty was last year. Difference being, Doherty has been playing defense for years.
            You know, I mentioned this same exact thing to SteveF the other night when he sent me like 5 text messages in a row that Linell was on the ice for a Minnesota goal.

It's pretty strange isn't it? I say Jerry is developing a doghouse and some guys are in it. Spiro is the man of the (dog)house, that's for sure.
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              You know, I mentioned this same exact thing to SteveF the other night when he sent me like 5 text messages in a row that Linell was on the ice for a Minnesota goal.

It's pretty strange isn't it? I say Jerry is developing a doghouse and some guys are in it. Spiro is the man of the (dog)house, that's for sure.
              Is there some kind of trouble with that class? He kicked Vatrano and Sullivan to the curb, and I think Piazza as well. I can't imagine Jeke is very happy either seeing it bumps him further down the line. It seems even stranger where Dohery could be an important player for you guys if Matheson and McCoshen leave early.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

I know you like Spiro, but my lasting impression of him is a kid who works hard but gets beaten to the puck with a lack of speed.

I'm also not thrilled with Linell on defense. Then I remember that Jerry put Marty Hughes back on defense. I wasn't crazy about it but we did win a NC with him there.
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  Is there some kind of trouble with that class? He kicked Vatrano and Sullivan to the curb, and I think Piazza as well. I can't imagine Jeke is very happy either seeing it bumps him further down the line. It seems even stranger where Dohery could be an important player for you guys if Matheson and McCoshen leave early.
                  Whoa whoa whoa. Slow down and educate yourself. He didn't kick Vatrano to the curb, Vatrano obviously had huge issues with the Clearinghouse. Piazza's career has been derailed by concussions. He hasn't been the same since and after 3 seasons in the USHL, he has dropped down to the NAHL, not exactly an upgrade or a ringing endorsement for career development. Sullivan did get cut seemingly and that is kind of laughable. Even though he wasn't good he had size and could have been developed in the mold of an Andrew Alberts. But he was cut and now we're playing Linell on defense.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                    I know you like Spiro, but my lasting impression of him is a kid who works hard but gets beaten to the puck with a lack of speed.

I'm also not thrilled with Linell on defense. Then I remember that Jerry put Marty Hughes back on defense. I wasn't crazy about it but we did win a NC with him there.
                    Spiro undoubtedly skates hard but he also seems to have good quickness/jump on his feet and some speed. It wasn't a mistake that he got awarded a penalty shot in the exhibition game (yes SFX stinks). And he can lay guys out. Remember, Paul Carey had trouble getting ice time even though he was clearly a good player early in his career. Then he started playing regularly and blossomed into a terrific hockey player.

We'll see about Linell on defense. I wouldn't bet that we'll see him back there come March, though. Unless you want to make a meager, friendly wager

Comment

I'm also in favor of ending the Linell as a defenseman experiment. Simply not strong enough. I don't know if Jerry and his stuff have somehow convinced themselves they've got the second coming of Don Sweeney back there, but they don't. He belongs either on one of the bottom two lines, or at Brooks Brothers picking out a nice suit to wear in the stands.

I also very much hope that the first period on Sunday leads to Demko getting a chance to be the guy. He's simply the more talented guy. I know Schneider had to split time with Kaltianen most of his freshman year, but Matti was established in a way that Billett is not.
                      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                      BC - 12
                      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Part I of our weekly hockey talk:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...wasnt-all-that

Part II drops tomorrow.
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                          Part I of our weekly hockey talk:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...wasnt-all-that

Part II drops tomorrow.
                          And Part II:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston-college-hockey-2013-14-season/2013/10/31/5044732/hockey-banter-week-iii-part-ii-the-play-of-the-year

Comment

hey,
                            how many rows up does conte climb? i am looking to get basketball tickets and don't know how high up row "30" is. -thanks.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              hey,
                              how many rows up does conte climb? i am looking to get basketball tickets and don't know how high up row "30" is. -thanks.
                              I want to say that's about 2/3 of the way up.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                hey,
                                Often last year, I would buy the cheap seats and just moved down as a lot of games were not sold out. This year I bought season tickets as it is cheaper than buying game to game. Also, you guaranteed to see the good teams too when those games are more attended and harder to get a ticket.
                                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Working...
                                X