Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

I really enjoyed the game today. I was quite impressed with the skill of the BC squad. #12 Kevin Hayes had a great game... Good luck to BC until we meet again.
    "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Glad I've seen Gopher fans point this out, but that was a closer game than the score indicates. Obviously lots to work on, but no shame in going 2-2-1 over this brutal five game stretch. Good to see Richardson get on the scoresheet. Playing tough games like this can only help, especially if they are to meet somewhere down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Glad I've seen Gopher fans point this out, but that was a closer game than the score indicates. Obviously lots to work on, but no shame in going 2-2-1 over this brutal five game stretch. Good to see Richardson get on the scoresheet. Playing tough games like this can only help, especially if they are to meet somewhere down the line.
        I liked Richardson's game, excellent skater who seemed really fast and very quick.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          It was A LOT closer game than the score indicates. Could have very easily have been 4-4 or 0-0 after one. That changes the whole complexion of the game. If you look at the box score, both sides are almost identical. Gophers got some breaks, pucks went in. Very easily could have gone the other way.
          Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 10-27-2013, 05:45 PM.
          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
            It was A LOT closer game than the score indicates. Could have very easily have been 4-4 or 0-0 after one. That changes the whole complexion of the game. If you look at the box score, both sides are almost identical. Gophers got some breaks, pucks went in. Very easily could have gone the other way.
            Not only were shots identical for the game, they were identical each period.
            MN's goalie was the difference in the game.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
            Twenty red lights in his honor
            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

A fun weekend and I agree the game today was closer than the score would indicate. MN was just a bit more fortuitous with finishing and those kinds of things can turn quickly against you when playing a team as skilled as BC. I'd like to say I hope they meet again at the FF, but dammit if I have to admit I don't see the Eagles going down that easy in April.

Good luck, and I look forward to the series continuing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                BC is a skill team. Not a team that runs around playing cheap. This is somewhat of an overreaction.
                i'm guessing you've not heard the stories of nathan gerbe breaking wrists with a mighty swing of his stick?!? no??
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                  Best of luck to BC the rest of the way (unless we meet again ). Gopher fans appreciate the way your team plays the game.
                  Ditto, you got a **** good team and a bunch of classy intelligent hockey fans. I hope we are there to meet you guys in Philly

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    i'm guessing you've not heard the stories of nathan gerbe breaking wrists with a mighty swing of his stick?!? no??
                    He must be the Massachusetts version of Paul Bunyan.
                    "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                      Time to move Linell back to forward. Or the bench. Foolish decision to keep trotting him out there on D.

I can't even take this team seriously until they make some reasonable personnel decisions. Did this same program cut Colin Sullivan? Really?
                      Not sure what's worse, playing him on D or pairing him with MacLeod

Not terrible splitting the weekend

It'll be a good learning experience come trophy season.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Absolutely. This game was won and lost between the pipes. Wilcox saved the game for the Gophers. Billett did not play nearly as well, at least in the first. Otherwise dead even game.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                          Not sure what's worse, playing him on D or pairing him with MacLeod
                          I wish I could say it feels like we're beating a dead horse but this is so ridiculous it really doesn't feel like we're beating this one to death. You really notice the small things with Linell back there, especially on the clips from yesterday. LH shot coming down the left wing. Stick positioning is not right IMO, and needs to be in the passing lane to concede a low % shot for that guy coming down the wing. Instead the stick was not in the lane and the Gopher player recognized and exposed it making a pass to the middle and boom, goal. Subtle things make the difference there and he just can't learn these things on the fly at this level. Bouncing pucks are another one. Had trouble last year back there. Had trouble against this weekend. The small things add up. Defense is not an easy position to play, let alone learn on the fly.

MacLeod really is a carbon copy of Carl Sneep when you think about it. Not crazy volatile but has very long stretch of meh and very long stretches of ok. If he makes a goal-saving poke in the national title game like Sneep did in 2010, I'll take it.
                          Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 10-28-2013, 08:54 AM.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                            What was the name of that ******azz Gopher player that mugged Billy Arnold in Tampa again? I forget. Maybe you have forgotten that too?
                            I believe this is what you are looking for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbRth_uvK7Q

Comment

Predicting a BC beatdown on national TV Friday and a close BC win Saturday at Matthews. Roy and Gaudreau will put on a show in their respective buildings. At least it'll be nice to not see Rawlings leave the short side open repeatedly.

Only way NU has a chance is to stay out of the box.
                              Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                              Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                                Predicting a BC beatdown on national TV Friday and a close BC win Saturday at Matthews. Roy and Gaudreau will put on a show in their respective buildings. At least it'll be nice to not see Rawlings leave the short side open repeatedly.
                                Roy is going to score 7 goals on BC at Matthews. Even Madigan can't be dumb enough not to match up Roy with Linell on defense, right?
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X