Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
    Hitting a player into the net after the whistle had blown was unintentional? The refs seemed to disagree and I do too. Not sure what you were watching. He knew what he was doing.
    First off the whistle had not blown, I just went back and watched it. Condon shot the puck and as he moved towards the net was hit. No doubt it was a penalty but accusing BC of being anywhere near the nameless team like is idiotic.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Lost all the respect that I had for your team after today. First Paranteau gets injured on an unnecessary penalty on Friday and then a terrible late hit on Condon today. York may be a good coach, but I have to wonder where that kind of play is learned. No class. Learn to lose.
      BC is a skill team. Not a team that runs around playing cheap. This is somewhat of an overreaction.
      University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Lost all the respect that I had for your team after today. First Paranteau gets injured on an unnecessary penalty on Friday and then a terrible late hit on Condon today. York may be a good coach, but I have to wonder where that kind of play is learned. No class. Learn to lose.
        You're making a fool of yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
          What was the name of that ******azz Gopher player that mugged Billy Arnold in Tampa again? I forget. Maybe you have forgotten that too?
          Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Time to move Linell back to forward. Or the bench. Foolish decision to keep trotting him out there on D.

I can't even take this team seriously until they make some reasonable personnel decisions. Did this same program cut Colin Sullivan? Really?
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
              BC is a skill team. Not a team that runs around playing cheap. This is somewhat of an overreaction.
              Quite.

FWIW - Condon was the last MN player through the handshake line and York spoke with him for quite a long time before they left the ice. Obviously I don't know what was said but as a fan in the stands York's gesture spoke volumes to me.

Best of luck the balance of the season to the Eagles.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
              Twenty red lights in his honor
              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Yeah maybe I am overreacting. Still don't like to see those kinds of hits on anybody. I'd be angry if a Gopher player did it to somebody too.

Comment

Yeah maybe I am overreacting. Still don't like to see those kinds of hits on anybody. I'd be angry if a Gopher player did it to somebody too.
                  Hey I overreacted a bit to tell you to shut it. Condon took the shot and started moving towards a rebound like any good forward should. The BC player obstructed him and was rightfully called for a penalty. It just looked a lot worse because Condon crashed into the net at full speed.

Comment

Yeah my bad. Not sure what game I liked watching more. Friday was more exciting, but I liked the outcome more today. Wish Gaudreau was wearing an M on his sweater.

Comment

Yeah my bad. Not sure what game I liked watching more. Friday was more exciting, but I liked the outcome more today. Wish Gaudreau was wearing an M on his sweater.
                      The Friday game was one of the best games I have seen, just total end to end action. These two teams will be ones to look out for in late March for sure.

Comment

Best of luck to BC the rest of the way (unless we meet again ). Gopher fans appreciate the way your team plays the game.
                        University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Jerry York took some extra time in the handshake line to talk to Condon, undoubtedly to make sure he was ok. Pure class. The hit was definitely a penalty, and my first reaction was also that it could have been awfully late and suspension warranting. But after looking at the replay I think it was just a hard hockey play. Really hope to see these two teams play more often, and don't look forward to having to play your team on your ice next season. Best of luck to you guys this season.
                          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Gopherfan89 sounds really intelligent

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Gopherfan89 sounds really intelligent
                              Cut him a bit of slack, he admitted he overreacted a bit. It happens from time to time with all of us.

Comment

Good luck to you too Gopher's the rest of the way. Hope to meet up with you again come April.

That was a very good test for the Eagles over the weekend and something the team can build on. After a couple of routs to ranked opponents, this weekend was a bit more humbling and exposed some weaknesses. I have no doubt they'll figure it out.
                                Go Eagles!
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X