Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    Sit and Straight have looked as good as they ever have in the past two weeks. Straight especially even though he hasn't put one into the net.
    like i said a few pages earlier, is that REALLY Straight in that uniform? cripes, all of last year's group of underperforming sophomores look better and faster than last year. Brown was absolutely flying around the ice

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Richardson in for Calnan. Skillet in at goaltender.

No changes to defense.
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        like i said a few pages earlier, is that REALLY Straight in that uniform?
        Straight started last year strong but was never the same after he wrecked his ankle. The kid has talent and would be putting up points if he was playing on one of the top lines.
        Last edited by carltonbarrett; 10-27-2013, 10:48 AM.

Comment

here's one for you guys...

would you rather have silk in at F and Linell on D or Linell in for Silk and Doherty on D? i know there are other combinations, thought i'd start with this basic one.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
            Straight started last year strong but was never the same after he wrecked his ankle. The kid has talent and would be putting up points if he was playing on one of the top lines.
            Holy crap!
            Well... the team is doing well and the lines are putting up some numbers, so, it's time to blow the lines up, wouldn't ya say? You know, spread the scoring around and all. Yea, yea... worked well last year.

Here's my go at it...
            Straight-Brown-Gaudreau (yea, Johnny is a LW, but so is Straight, and he deserves better)
            Linell-Spiro-Calnan
            Richardson-Silk-Gilmour
            Arnold-Sit-Hayes (C-C-C... a forward is a forward is a forward)
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
              Holy crap!
              Well... the team is doing well and the lines are putting up some numbers, so, it's time to blow the lines up, wouldn't ya say? You know, spread the scoring around and all. Yea, yea... worked well last year.

Here's my go at it...
              Straight-Brown-Gaudreau (yea, Johnny is a LW, but so is Straight, and he deserves better)
              Linell-Spiro-Calnan
              Richardson-Silk-Gilmour
              Arnold-Sit-Hayes (C-C-C... a forward is a forward is a forward)
              I would skate Straight over Gilmour or Calnan on the top 2 lines.

Comment

I would skate Straight over Gilmour or Calnan on the top 2 lines.
                I saw Gilmour's value with Gaudreau-Arnold vs Wisconsin. Only a one game sample, but Gilmour certainly fit with them from what I saw. Why mess with that?
                Straight has 1 assist, playing wing on a line with a center that has as many goals as anyone else on the team. What's he going to bring to the table on the top 2 lines that others aren't?
                Right now, Straight-Sit-Silk are fairing pretty well playing where they are... against 4th liners. Leave it alone, IMO.
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

3 goals on 6 shots, may be time for Demko to be named the number one guy...

Comment

3 goals on 6 shots, may be time for Demko to be named the number one guy...
                    4 on 7*
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

4-1 after 2. Prob would have been 8-1 last year

Comment

6-1 Minnesota half way through the third.
                        Shots are 29 to 28.

Comment

Chalk it up as a learning experience and by March, they will fix things up a bit. Very poor team defense today and very poor play by the whole team.
                          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Lost all the respect that I had for your team after today. First Paranteau gets injured on an unnecessary penalty on Friday and then a terrible late hit on Condon today. York may be a good coach, but I have to wonder where that kind of play is learned. No class. Learn to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
                              Lost all the respect that I had for your team after today. First Paranteau gets injured on an unnecessary penalty on Friday and then a terrible late hit on Condon today. York may be a good coach, but I have to wonder where that kind of play is learned. No class. Learn to lose.
                              Shut it. No intentions to hurt players. Sometimes accidents happen. If this was a game against those that are nameless it would have been so much uglier.

Comment

Hitting a player into the net after the whistle had blown was unintentional? The refs seemed to disagree and I do too. Not sure what you were watching. He knew what he was doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X