Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Followed the game on twitter, was it BC playing as well as the score or was it Wisco playing that bad?

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Both. Wisconsin was that bad and BC was that good.

Comment

I thought more BC playing good than Wisconsin playing bad. The speed differential in BC's favor was immense.
        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
        BC - 12
        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
          Well that works...
          yup,most fun since Tampa............ #19 and #26, wow. Loved #11 and who was that in Straight's uniform? That line played well and he doesn't look like the same player. We are going to have a lot of fun watching this team. Speed has returned to the Heights indeed. We didnt have to wait too long for a shortie, eh? and it was legit...............Fivehole12 likened Bucky's last ten minutes as "BU like" goonery

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
            Followed the game on twitter, was it BC playing as well as the score or was it Wisco playing that bad?
            Definitely both. Of course you have to take into consideration that after the initial onslaught in the first period, the game was essentially over and it is understandable for Wisconsin to continue to stink it up at that point.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

You nailed it with the thread title sterlippo. Them yung'uns can skate.

Looks like Jerry found some chemistry early on with the lines. Some nice tic-tac-toe passing out there.

Did anyone else notice that at one point in the game, BC had 7 goals to Wisconsin's 8 SOG? Shoulda took a picture of that on the board.

I'm with you on 19, 26 and 11 Joe, but you forgot 14 at the forward position (2 assists). And the frosh D are keepers, 3, 6 & 28, but couldn't get a good read on their play in our D zone... we didn't spend a lot of time there.

Sterlippo... I sent that text during warmups, talking about the uniforms, BU clones. But I like your style. Wind those fans boys up and let 'em jump on me. This could be fun.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                Definitely both. Of course you have to take into consideration that after the initial onslaught in the first period, the game was essentially over and it is understandable for Wisconsin to continue to stink it up at that point.
                I think Cross Check nailed it. That onslaught was due to BC's skating. It seemed like BC controlled play in their offensive zone for like 18 of the first 20 minutes. It was a pretty dominant performance. I can't imagine though that we saw Wisconsin's A or B game, or C game for that matter. Something was up with them... they weren't ready to play.

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                I thought more BC playing good than Wisconsin playing bad. The speed differential in BC's favor was immense.
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I know things can change and guys get hurt, etc. but hard to imagine they make any lineup changes for the next game. Is it possible guys like Richardson and Doherty fall by the wayside? Personally, I want to see Doherty back in there but they aren't gonna make any changes right now.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                    Sterlippo... I sent that text during warmups, talking about the uniforms, BU clones. But I like your style. Wind those fans boys up and let 'em jump on me. This could be fun.
                    my phone was dead, i read it when i got home and didnt look at the time. I just assumed that's what you meant, because, well, that's what it looked like. The end of the 5-0 Worcester game comes to mind........

Comment

what's with this board sucking lately? double posts, corrupt screens after trying to post...

Comment

BCI recap:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...-wisconsin-9-2
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          I know things can change and guys get hurt, etc. but hard to imagine they make any lineup changes for the next game. Is it possible guys like Richardson and Doherty fall by the wayside? Personally, I want to see Doherty back in there but they aren't gonna make any changes right now.
                          I just don't get why Linell is on D when Doherty is much more comfortable out there on the blue line. Linell does not look smooth on the blue line from what I can see so far. He makes mistakes that a regular defenseman would not make.
                          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

what's with this board sucking lately? double posts, corrupt screens after trying to post...
                            i thought it was my PC and for a while you couldnt put the emoticons in, now that's up and running

Comment

Eh only 3 games into the season, believe York will keep cycling players through. Too long of a season not to.

It's absolutely terrible, hey at least it was accesible after the game?

Comment

Congrats guys. Love seeing a HE team kicking the ***** of a high profile opponent. Good job.

Comment

Working...
                                X