PDA

View Full Version : Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Greyeagle
10-27-2013, 04:26 PM
BC is a skill team. Not a team that runs around playing cheap. This is somewhat of an overreaction.
Quite.

FWIW - Condon was the last MN player through the handshake line and York spoke with him for quite a long time before they left the ice. Obviously I don't know what was said but as a fan in the stands York's gesture spoke volumes to me.

Best of luck the balance of the season to the Eagles. :)

GopherFan89
10-27-2013, 04:27 PM
Yeah maybe I am overreacting. Still don't like to see those kinds of hits on anybody. I'd be angry if a Gopher player did it to somebody too.

Scott W
10-27-2013, 04:38 PM
Yeah maybe I am overreacting. Still don't like to see those kinds of hits on anybody. I'd be angry if a Gopher player did it to somebody too.

Hey I overreacted a bit to tell you to shut it. Condon took the shot and started moving towards a rebound like any good forward should. The BC player obstructed him and was rightfully called for a penalty. It just looked a lot worse because Condon crashed into the net at full speed.

GopherFan89
10-27-2013, 04:41 PM
Yeah my bad. Not sure what game I liked watching more. Friday was more exciting, but I liked the outcome more today. Wish Gaudreau was wearing an M on his sweater.

Scott W
10-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Yeah my bad. Not sure what game I liked watching more. Friday was more exciting, but I liked the outcome more today. Wish Gaudreau was wearing an M on his sweater.

The Friday game was one of the best games I have seen, just total end to end action. These two teams will be ones to look out for in late March for sure.

Hammy
10-27-2013, 04:47 PM
Best of luck to BC the rest of the way (unless we meet again ;)). Gopher fans appreciate the way your team plays the game.

mnstate0fhockey
10-27-2013, 04:47 PM
Jerry York took some extra time in the handshake line to talk to Condon, undoubtedly to make sure he was ok. Pure class. The hit was definitely a penalty, and my first reaction was also that it could have been awfully late and suspension warranting. But after looking at the replay I think it was just a hard hockey play. Really hope to see these two teams play more often, and don't look forward to having to play your team on your ice next season. Best of luck to you guys this season.

J.D.
10-27-2013, 04:50 PM
Gopherfan89 sounds really intelligent

Scott W
10-27-2013, 04:51 PM
Gopherfan89 sounds really intelligent

Cut him a bit of slack, he admitted he overreacted a bit. It happens from time to time with all of us.

FiveHole12
10-27-2013, 05:08 PM
Good luck to you too Gopher's the rest of the way. Hope to meet up with you again come April.

That was a very good test for the Eagles over the weekend and something the team can build on. After a couple of routs to ranked opponents, this weekend was a bit more humbling and exposed some weaknesses. I have no doubt they'll figure it out.
Go Eagles!

firstpusk
10-27-2013, 05:13 PM
I really enjoyed the game today. I was quite impressed with the skill of the BC squad. #12 Kevin Hayes had a great game... Good luck to BC until we meet again.

J.D.
10-27-2013, 05:25 PM
Glad I've seen Gopher fans point this out, but that was a closer game than the score indicates. Obviously lots to work on, but no shame in going 2-2-1 over this brutal five game stretch. Good to see Richardson get on the scoresheet. Playing tough games like this can only help, especially if they are to meet somewhere down the line.

Greyeagle
10-27-2013, 05:32 PM
Glad I've seen Gopher fans point this out, but that was a closer game than the score indicates. Obviously lots to work on, but no shame in going 2-2-1 over this brutal five game stretch. Good to see Richardson get on the scoresheet. Playing tough games like this can only help, especially if they are to meet somewhere down the line.

I liked Richardson's game, excellent skater who seemed really fast and very quick.

mnstate0fhockey
10-27-2013, 05:43 PM

It was A LOT closer game than the score indicates. Could have very easily have been 4-4 or 0-0 after one. That changes the whole complexion of the game. If you look at the box score, both sides are almost identical. Gophers got some breaks, pucks went in. Very easily could have gone the other way.

Greyeagle
10-27-2013, 06:01 PM
It was A LOT closer game than the score indicates. Could have very easily have been 4-4 or 0-0 after one. That changes the whole complexion of the game. If you look at the box score, both sides are almost identical. Gophers got some breaks, pucks went in. Very easily could have gone the other way.

Not only were shots identical for the game, they were identical each period.
MN's goalie was the difference in the game.

Slap Shot
10-27-2013, 07:40 PM
A fun weekend and I agree the game today was closer than the score would indicate. MN was just a bit more fortuitous with finishing and those kinds of things can turn quickly against you when playing a team as skilled as BC. I'd like to say I hope they meet again at the FF, but dammit if I have to admit I don't see the Eagles going down that easy in April.

Good luck, and I look forward to the series continuing.

mookie1995
10-27-2013, 08:32 PM
BC is a skill team. Not a team that runs around playing cheap. This is somewhat of an overreaction.

i'm guessing you've not heard the stories of nathan gerbe breaking wrists with a mighty swing of his stick?!? no?? :)

sterlippo1
10-28-2013, 04:38 AM
Best of luck to BC the rest of the way (unless we meet again ;)). Gopher fans appreciate the way your team plays the game.

Ditto, you got a **** good team and a bunch of classy intelligent hockey fans. I hope we are there to meet you guys in Philly

firstpusk
10-28-2013, 06:34 AM
i'm guessing you've not heard the stories of nathan gerbe breaking wrists with a mighty swing of his stick?!? no?? :)

He must be the Massachusetts version of Paul Bunyan.

claver2010
10-28-2013, 07:35 AM
Time to move Linell back to forward. Or the bench. Foolish decision to keep trotting him out there on D.

I can't even take this team seriously until they make some reasonable personnel decisions. Did this same program cut Colin Sullivan? Really?

Not sure what's worse, playing him on D or pairing him with MacLeod

Not terrible splitting the weekend :D

It'll be a good learning experience come trophy season.