This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    You may be right about BC missing Cav as the bad cop. Brown and York are probably not going to be the guys yelling. Who knows if Ayers would feel comfortable doing that. We do know he can get angry and throw water bottles, though.

The PK was definitely Cav's baby but it wasn't great last year as well. Only clicked around 84%, which is very low for BC standards. This is, IMO, a result of the personnel being put out there. BC went from a great PK that was deadly with SHGs to a PK that wasn't good at killing penalties and had no real scoring threats (they did have some chances last year but not many and 0 de facto SHGs). That threat of a SHG against is good for a few percentage points. It's the personnel. Macleod is out there and I'm not sure he's a great penalty killer. I'm not even sure he should be playing at this point but he's a senior with a letter on his jersey so expect him to play. We know York likes using the big guys with the long reach and even puts the forwards back there sometime to help on the PK. But at forward you have Sit also killing penalties, it's one of the only things he is used for. He works hard but he's not even at a level of Price/Lombardi type ability.

Speaking of special teams, one thing I highlighted and tracked last year was the lack of BC's ability to draw penalties. Last night, just 2 PPs. That number needs to go up. Low SOG number. Also needs to go up.

And obviously, gotta stop taking stupid penalties.

BC has gone out to on the road early in the season and it has paid dividends. We know that. A loss here can help turn a March game into a win. I believe that. They are also the youngest team in Division 1. Not the time to panic. BUT... it's not like we're giving guys ice time in hopes of them getting better for us either this year or ever. There's no reason to be playing certain guys... and sitting certain guys.

I think the freshmen will be fine. McCoshen is going to score 6-8 goals this year IMO. The problem is the personnel being used.
    Do you have the stats as to which teams are the youngest in D1?

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

I think Merrimack comes in right behind BC and Michigan

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Originally posted by j.d. View Post
        i think merrimack comes in right behind bc and michigan
        lol

Comment

Hey, lost at michigan. It's not like they lost to sacred heart at home or anything

That bobby valentine, already doing a great job as AD!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Hey, lost at michigan. It's not like they lost to sacred heart at home or anything
            beat me to it!!!
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I think Merrimack comes in right behind BC and Michigan
              Early leader for post of the year.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

kid says to look for lineup changes tomorrow. i can see it now for some of you...

1. demko in
                2. jeke or savage in but not for linell
                3. straight in but not for sit

Comment

kid says to look for lineup changes tomorrow. i can see it now for some of you...

1. demko in

Do we have a waterboy that can barely skate that we put into the lineup while we're at it?
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

lyles isn't playing pro hockey anywhere right now (i'm stunned hoky was wrong about that)...does he have any eligibility left???

Comment

Need a win today boys!
                      Last edited by carltonbarrett; 10-13-2013, 10:27 AM.

Comment

1. demko in

Interesting... who would they sit other than Linell for Jeke, maybe Doherty, Santini?? Was someone "undisciplined" perhaps? If they are not sitting Sit (pardon the pun) at Forward, then am thinking it would have to be Richardson? Or maybe someone is banged up?

Comment

1. demko in

So nail on the head...

Johnny G- Arnold- Gilmour, Fitz-Hayes-Cango, Smith-Brown-Calnan, Straight-Sit-Silk
                          Macleod-Linell, Savage-Santini, McCoshen-Matheson.

JFC

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                            Interesting... who would they sit other than Linell for Jeke, maybe Doherty, Santini?? Was someone "undisciplined" perhaps? If they are not sitting Sit (pardon the pun) at Forward, then am thinking it would have to be Richardson? Or maybe someone is banged up?
                            i was only kidding in regard to "my" lineup changes (based on complaints of some people on here)

what's funny is, i was dead on!

Comment

Does anyone have any clue why BC is not streaming this game? This is pretty unacceptable.
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

They ended up fixing the video, thank God. Not sure what took them an hour to figure out.

Recap of the game including GIFs of all 7 goals:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...-johnny-hockey
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                                X