Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
    "@bchockeyblog1
    They have to put Linell back on F. This is bad."

I think the word I'm looking for is shocked.
    Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

But but but, he moves the puck quickly.

When did our coaching staff get so stupid? While we're at it. Sit out. Spiro in. Done.

I can't take this team seriously if they are putting out a lineup that clearly isn't the best that can be put out there. Maybe in March?
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
      Granted it's been what 7 months but Arnold ususally IIRC
      come to think, has the big A been potty trained over the summer?
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Well then, pretty uneventful game. Billet appears to have played a good game and congrats to mccoshen on the goal.

Moffatt with a couple PP goals accounts for the difference. Didn't generate a whole lot of offense in this one.

Come on PK, a staple of great BC teams

Comment

3 game losing streak for BC.
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

did the michigan police have a patrol around the boys this trip?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
              3 game losing streak for BC.
              welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                did the michigan police have a patrol around the boys this trip?!?
                You'll just have to wait another 6 years to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                  I can't take this team seriously if they are putting out a lineup that clearly isn't the best that can be put out there. Maybe in March?
                  March? Feb.? Nah... that's when we break up one of the nation's best scoring lines. (sorry for the rant, but breaking up Gaudreau, Mullane, Whitney was one of the dumbest things I have ever seen... and that has me pizzed off, like, forever).

Back to the present... why are our two best set up guys on the same line? They want Cangelosi to score 100 goals? If they don't want Hayes on Arnold's left wing (which is a very deadly combo), have Arnold centering Gaudreau. That way some shots will get to the net and Hayes can set up the youngsters on Line 2.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Tough to tell much from just looking at a box score. But I see #7 on the ice both PPGs Michigan scored. Perhaps he shouldn't be there? I also noticed that #18 had a penalty (which was killed) and then was on the ice for the first PPG Michigan scored. How many faceoffs did he win tonight? Killing penalties and taking faceoffs are really the only reason he plays, right?

Things are going to get even more "interesting" when they get #17 healthy and start throwing him into the mix.

Comment

Did the BC incoming class of Gretzky, Lemieux, and Crosby have an off night?

Comment

Fivehole, you seem to love stacking the top line, so shouldn't you love hayes with gaudreau?

Anyway, patience is the key here. There are a lot of new faces with a tough schedule to start the year. It's just one game, on the road against a very talented opponent.

Heard on the pregame that demko is starting sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yipper28 View Post
                          A real knee slapper. In case you didn't know, outside sources/publications think it's the best class in the country. This isn't just inside hype.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            A real knee slapper. In case you didn't know, outside sources/publications think it's the best class in the country. This isn't just inside hype.
                            I agree that your incoming class is very talented. But, I think you overrate the impact of Freshmen. Very few in recent years have carried teams. BC, more than any team, should know that success is based on upperclassmen performance.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Fivehole, you seem to love stacking the top line, so shouldn't you love hayes with gaudreau?
                              Haha... you are correct I like a stacked line. But, Hayes with Gaudreau doesn't fit the bill. Here's the play by play... 'Johnny behind the net slides a sweet pass to Hayes in the slot. Hayes passes back to Johnny behind the net. Johnny dangles and undresses the d-man and finds Hayes all alone at the back door of the net. Hayes drops a nifty pass back to the blue line for an open 30 footer".

Put a shooter with Johnny. We have 2 set up guys, same line. I'm already pizzed and we're one game into the season.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Yipper28 View Post
                                Good thing they didn't recruit Joe Thornton!!

Comment

Working...
                                X