Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Or it could be that Sullivan wanted to be here and wanted to have the opportunity to work hard enough to make the roster, but was the odd-man out.
    Right. And how do we know Sullivan and others weren't told that this would happen at the end of last season/coming into this year? It's quite possible everyone associated with the team knew cuts would be made. I don't love it either, but that's life.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Right. And how do we know Sullivan and others weren't told that this would happen at the end of last season/coming into this year? It's quite possible everyone associated with the team knew cuts would be made. I don't love it either, but that's life.
      Its becoming like the CHL. More about winning and less about the kids an development. The boys commit, spend a few years on campus, then get moved out. In Sullivans case was he really given every opportunity to succeed? Its just wrong

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Its becoming like the CHL. More about winning and less about the kids an development. The boys commit, spend a few years on campus, then get moved out. In Sullivans case was he really given every opportunity to succeed? Its just wrong

Comment

Will ole one eye let the donut hole get a start this season? Inquiring minds really \ need to know.
          sure why not

Comment

Regarding Sullivan, agreed it doesn't feel right.

According to the kid Destry is out and Sit is in for tomorrow.

No problem with Billet getting the start, it's a long season and Demko will certainly have his shot.

I checked the tv guide and amongst the millions of channels, no BC-Michigan.

Tomorrow's game is on WEEI locally, which I believe all games will be.

Comment

Jesus Christ, my high school baseball team had cuts. It's life. You perform and you make the team or you don't and you're cut. It's not like the kid wasn't given a chance. Seriously.
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Regarding Michigan not (as of now) streaming the game online: Michigan's hockey SID is Jeff Weinstein, BC '08 and former Heights Sports editor. You may remember him as the guy who utterly embarrassed his Notre Dame counterpart on ESPN First Take.

Just a thought.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

so i guess they are no different than the other programs. just didnt have the numbers in the past

nice to see mcarthy named captain at UVM and loved watching Lovejoy in that fight Sunday eve...

Comment

Jesus Christ, my high school baseball team had cuts. It's life. You perform and you make the team or you don't and you're cut. It's not like the kid wasn't given a chance. Seriously.
                    Apples meet oranges.

I'm not outraged about it but as I said, it doesn't feel right.

Regarding Michigan not (as of now) streaming the game online: Michigan's hockey SID is Jeff Weinstein, BC '08 and former Heights Sports editor. You may remember him as the guy who utterly embarrassed his Notre Dame counterpart on ESPN First Take.

Just a thought.
                    One of the greatest ESPN clips around.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      If a kid gets cut and decides to transfer so that he can play, does he have to sit out a year?

When a coach gets cut, does he have to sit out a year?

That's where this breaks down for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                        nice to see mcarthy named captain at UVM and loved watching Lovejoy in that fight Sunday eve...
                        good for them, glad it worked out (as i am in most cases where it doesn't work out at BC)

Originally posted by Bostonfan999 View Post
                        this goes both ways you know. programs are frequently burned by kids who commit and then don't follow through on that commitment. and we have no idea whether or not sullivan and others were informed at the end of last year that they would have to compete for a roster spot. let's not act like he was kicked out of school. he can stay and still get a great education or he can pursue his hockey dreams elsewhere. nobody is preventing him from that pursuit.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                          If a kid gets cut and decides to transfer so that he can play, does he have to sit out a year?

When a coach gets cut, does he have to sit out a year?

That's where this breaks down for me.
                          so your problem is with the NCAA then (get in line)

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                            Apples meet oranges.

I'm not outraged about it but as I said, it doesn't feel right.
                            If York told D's 6,7,8, and 9 in April or May that one of them would be cut in October and offered them an out at that time I'm 90% ok with it. If the first communication between the staff and Sullivan this fall I'm not a fan of it.

I accept that I'll probably never know how it went down... unlike the Motherwell and O'Hanley situation

Comment

Sullivan listed on Green Bay (USHL) roster.

Comment

Michigan's hockey SID is Jeff Weinstein, BC '08 and former Heights Sports editor. You may remember him as the guy who utterly embarrassed his Notre Dame counterpart on ESPN First Take.
                                Poor Chris Khorey... guy was a Notre Dame version of the BU fanboys. He never saw a national television beating coming.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X