Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

So, there are really some growing concerns that those of us out east won't get to watch this game at all...
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      So, there are really some growing concerns that those of us out east won't get to watch this game at all...
      Yup, hard to believe you cant pay for it on Michigan web site though i have not checked myself but read words to that effect on EA

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        Yup, hard to believe you cant pay for it on Michigan web site though i have not checked myself but read words to that effect on EA
        Perhaps Michigan has an app similar to BC's that will stream it live?

Anyway, quick thought. We'll know just how out of touch the coaching staff is this season by what we see from the lineup put forth Thursday night. No Spiro = crazy Pirate Jerry. Spiro = In York We Trust.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          Perhaps Michigan has an app similar to BC's that will stream it live?
          They have the exact same platform as we do but only broadcast audio (presumably because it's on "TV")

Comment

Sullivan is out. I assume he saw the writing on the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              Sullivan is out. I assume he saw the writing on the wall.
              Cut?
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Sullivan is the first of a few that will be dropped this season. 16 forwards. 8 defence. One forward will go and maybe one D. Things don't get much better next year. A few decent college players are going to be in the stands for the next two seasons.

Comment

nothing wrong with that. you wanna be the best of the best, that takes a special kid.

nice problem to have
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    nothing wrong with that. you wanna be the best of the best, that takes a special kid.

nice problem to have
                    Yes but is doesn't look good for college hockey. This problem has been brewing for over a year and will flow into next season. Soon it will backfire. Sometimes to much of a good thing is not a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

nice problem to have
                      Yes but is doesn't look good for college hockey. This problem has been brewing for over a year and will flow into next season. Soon it will backfire. Sometimes to much of a good thing is not a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bostonfan999 View Post
                        I wanted to reply before the letters changed but the q's in the first post mysteriously changed to g's without editing. I have had the same problem lots of times when I post too but the result is taken as intended in editing even though it looks wrong. Anyone else have this problem?

Comment

See what I mean. Wrong looks like a q but when I go to edit it shows up as 'gee' and I cannot change it. Edit: Two minutes later and the q became a g.
                          Last edited by BC/HE; 10-08-2013, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Agreed about it not being good for college hockey. This is four kids York has cut ties with in the last couple of years. Maine has done it as well so not trying to be holier than thou. In this situation, why didn't York just cut him over the summer? He could have been eligible the for the fall of '14. Now he will have to wait until winter '15 and only have two and a half years of eligibility left. It seems rather unnecessary to me.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              Agreed about it not being good for college hockey. This is four kids York has cut ties with in the last couple of years. Maine has done it as well so not trying to be holier than thou. In this situation, why didn't York just cut him over the summer? He could have been eligible the for the fall of '14. Now he will have to wait until winter '15 and only have two and a half years of eligibility left. It seems rather unnecessary to me.
                              Or it could be that Sullivan wanted to be here and wanted to have the opportunity to work hard enough to make the roster, but was the odd-man out.

Speaking of York, per The Kid he has named Billett "Donuts" Skillet as starter for Thursday.

Comment

They were adament about Demko earning the starting job and I think unless he totally out performed billet then he wasn't going to start game 1. That said, we've seen a freshman earn it before during the season but he goes to the upper class men first in goal.

I think its important to remember Billet was a fairly high profile goalie commit coming in and was assumed to be the next in line until Demko came in early and through a curve ball into the mix. That said, I think it may not take even a bad start for Billet to lose his job. Could just be a couple stellar ones from Demko early on to gain the job.

York usually, unless its a returning starting goalie, doesn't establish his go to guy until 1/3-1/2 through the season in circumstances similar to this.

Comment

Working...
                                X