This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Ah, hoky, dude. Read what I'm saying. I'm not talking about the powerplay. Whitney grabbed 50 points as a freshman with the ability to work the point. I know him and Ferriero and even Patrick Eaves helped the PP tremendously. It works even if there is a blip on the radar here and there with the possible SHG against. Not a newsflash.

I'm talking full time defense not powerplay time. Hold the offensive blue line (see BU game last year at Garden with the handling of a bouncing puck that ended up in the BC net a few seconds later). Gap control. Going back and getting the puck (see terrible turnover at Conte that also ended up with a puck behind Milner a few seconds later). Forget about moving the puck....... there's a lot that needs to be done just to get the puck and get it done right.

You think Linell is just going to learn this stuff in a year? I know you are well aware of what it takes to play defense full time given your coaching experience.

Also, ironic statement about a defenseman with 4 points.

Thought you were talking pp

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....eason-rankings

My Hockey East picks with BC at #1.
      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2013-2014 season thread -Speed returns to The Heights

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
        Ok not a problem. So you would agree that it's kind of crazy to convert a small kid from forward to D with able bodies players like Jeke and Savage available?

Hoky, who is your pick for HE ROTY? Curious to see which freshman you think will pick up the hardware and have the biggest impact.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          Ok not a problem. So you would agree that it's kind of crazy to convert a small kid from forward to D with able bodies players like Jeke and Savage available?

Hoky, who is your pick for HE ROTY? Curious to see which freshman you think will pick up the hardware and have the biggest impact.
          Ryan Fitzgerald.

With the D they have they need to let them play and develop. Always used to think how much it used to drive The Men at BC crazy that they were not on pp. Can't develop for next level and get points of not on it

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
            I'll guess... the frosh, Thatcher Demko.
            Steve are you going to be there Sunday in the same seats ? Going to the football game on Saturday. I renewed my season tix for football after a long absence due to the parking donations and GDF and Spaz ruining the football program. I feel bad for Rettig his senior year, having no one to throw to other than Amidon. But last week, some of the other guys picked it up despite losing. The coach is bringing energy that I have not seen for awhile now.
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Individual game tickets for Wisconsin are sold out. Also the BU and Notre Dame games are already sold out (no surprises there) .Looks like you can get tickets for those three games only if you buy season tickets which start at $179 ea , a great deal for 13 games i think

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                Steve are you going to be there Sunday in the same seats ? Going to the football game on Saturday. I renewed my season tix for football after a long absence due to the parking donations and GDF and Spaz ruining the football program. I feel bad for Rettig his senior year, having no one to throw to other than Amidon. But last week, some of the other guys picked it up despite losing. The coach is bringing energy that I have not seen for awhile now.
                Hi Ray... I have the same seats but my first game will be Wisconsin on the 18th. See you then.
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                  Sure chief.

So, what's !!!/TOOL/eaglebunny/old salty/Carlton/etc... handle this year?

Free MAV
                  Fighting the good fight

Comment

So... can't complain about that result.
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      So... can't complain about that result.
                      After being down 2-0 today, I was just impressed with the depth up front and on the blue line.

Demko looked good in net in the 2nd period, Billet played 1st, then Barone

Size is an improvement and speed too

All I can say is wow and hope they can beat the Wolverines this week.

I was trying to learn the numbers of players that are new.

3 McCoshen
                      6 Santini
                      11 Calnan
                      14 Gilmour
                      19 Fitzgerald
                      21 Matt Gaudreau
                      22 Richardson
                      26 Cangelosi
                      28 Savage
                      26 Cangelosi
                      30 Demko
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

I think the biggest thing was that the team didn't look or play "soft" like we saw so much last year. The freshmen have size and skill in a variety of different packages at all positions.

How about Cam Spiro? We keep talking about how he should play and he was terrific today, and not just on his penalty shot goal, which he executed with ease like you would see from a skill player. At the end of the day, he is a top 12 forward on this team and he certainly fits in on whatever BC is doing with what he brings to the table in his skill set. Whether or not he is on a scholarship I don't know (and I doubt it) but York had this kid simply fall into his lap and he would be insane not to utilize him.

Linell probably is going to be the 6th dman for a while. Jeke was meh today. Sullivan I didn't notice a lot but he did look fine to me when he was out there. Savage didn't stand out one way or the other. This will be a storyline all season long there is no doubt about it.
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I guess Linell is odds man out as a forward because of the depth up front. Billet let in 2 goals but can't really say he was at fault, one was a redirect or deflection and the other the defense did not pickup the forward quick enough and just gave him too much time and space to let go a shot that was labeled

I'd rather see Linell as forward but I guess at least he's playing and not sitting. On D I like Matheson, MacLeod, Doherty, McCoshen, Santini, and ........ Savage, Jeke, Linell, White

I was surprised on the major to MacLeod for kneeing. I never think of him as a mean son of b**** on the ice. I didn't really see what was going on with him and the other player on that incident. I do remember last season down at the Schneider he got injured when he was nailed along the boards and maybe this year he will play with a chip on his shoulder or with a certain meanness to his game this year.

Comment

York said he was happy that the incoming freshmen had adapted to the speed of the college game ........................i bet it was the upper classmen that had to adapt to the speed of the incoming freshmen

Comment

With the staff's view of Linell on the blue line as is have to think Sullivan is 8th Dman and won't see much time.

Wasn't there so not sure if the MacLeod hit was dirty or not but nice to see him (or read about him) hitting someone.

Cam certainly deserves some PT

Comment

No one intends to ever knee another player head on like that, as it is just too dangerous for both guys involved. It's a reaction, that's all. That being said, it was a pretty brutal leg check and both guys were fortunate to come out of that with no injury as the St X player was able to get up unscathed.

Looks like Michigan lost their exhibition this weekend so that is interesting. Would like to see BC make a statement like they've done in some early NC games on the road the past few seasons (sweeping Denver and smoking North Dakota in the icebreaker most notably). Let's hope they don't score on themselves in overtime this time.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X