UConn 2013-2014: Let the Cavanaugh Era Begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UConn 2013-2014: Let the Cavanaugh Era Begin

It will be interesting to see what happens with the freshmen. They were recruited by David Berard, so that will be a worry item for them. In addition, Berard alluded to the fact that he was given the scholarships very late in the game and said he could have done a much better job of recruiting if he had them earlier. When I heard that, I knew he had lost out and knew already which is why my ears perked up. So it sounds like the freshman class is not highly regarded around the league. It will be interesting to see how many get significant PT. In addition, someone posted that the most highly regarded recruit de-committed although I am not sure if he was slated to arrive this year.

Comment

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....key-jerry-york

A short article on Mike Cavanaugh with some quotes from him from AHA Media Day and York from HE Media Day.
      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
        http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....key-jerry-york

A short article on Mike Cavanaugh with some quotes from him from AHA Media Day and York from HE Media Day.
        Thanks. Nice piece.

Comment

some references to Uconn hockey: Oldtimehockeyfornow.blogspot.com
          New Chapter: D1 or Not D1?

http://oldtimehockeyfornow.blogspot....-question.html

Comment

Originally posted by cosmo46 View Post
            some references to Uconn hockey: Oldtimehockeyfornow.blogspot.com
            New Chapter: D1 or Not D1?

http://oldtimehockeyfornow.blogspot....-question.html
            Wow. Great stuff. Waiting for the next chapter.

Comment

Well, Lane Kiffin just got the gas at USC. Should be an interesting day tomorrow in Storrs.

Comment

• Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
                Well, Lane Kiffin just got the gas at USC. Should be an interesting day tomorrow in Storrs.
                Why? Why would anybody want kiffin?
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                  Why? Why would anybody want kiffin?
                  Nah. I was referring to the other shoe about to drop ... which it did. So far, I have high regard for Warde Manuel and the choices he has made, particularly bringing UConn into HE. I would have kept David Berard, but I am fine with the choice he made and I am sure that I will be a Coach Cav fan soon. I also thought he bent over backward to give HCPP every chance to succeed, and when the end came, he fired HCPP with class -- unlike USC with Kiffin.

Comment

Someone should probably check Butch's mom's basement and make sure he is ok after that Buffalo game.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      Someone should probably check Butch's mom's basement and make sure he is ok after that Buffalo game.
                      Actually, UConn fans were happy with that outcome. They knew what would follow quickly and decisively rather than prolonging the misery. You watch, the Huskies will blow out USF in 10 days.

Comment

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
                        I have high regard for Warde Manuel and the choices he has made, particularly bringing UConn into HE. I would have kept David Berard, but I am fine with the choice he made and I am sure that I will be a Coach Cav fan soon.
                        Warde didn't make the call on HE or Cavs, it was your liberal Democrat Governor. Malloy is a BC guy and made the call. Susan and Warde had very little say. With that being said, Cavs is a fine pick and as an Alum I am pleased. The problem with Cavs is when Jerry York pulls the plug on his illustrious career will Cavs go back to BC, I say yes.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

UConn would blow out USF with Pasqualoni and Spaziani as co head coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                            Warde didn't make the call on HE or Cavs, it was your liberal Democrat Governor. Malloy is a BC guy and made the call. Susan and Warde had very little say. With that being said, Cavs is a fine pick and as an Alum I am pleased. The problem with Cavs is when Jerry York pulls the plug on his illustrious career will Cavs go back to BC, I say yes.
                            Why do you think he left? I don't see him replacing York. If he did he would have stuck around. I think it's probably going to be Brown but there will be people killing and maiming for that position and it will be a long line of good coaches lining up to interview and they will all be ahead of Cavanaugh. Dennehy (I hope not). Mullen. Gordon. Brown. Rolston.

Don't get me wrong, I think he was terrific here as an assistant. BC should put this guy in the BC hall of fame ASAP. But I don't see him getting the next job. In 5 years, God only knows where he'll be when he has 5 bad seasons at Uconn and his mentor will probably be gone.
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
                              Actually, UConn fans were happy with that outcome.
                              Uconn fans were happy their team lost to Buffalo? Not from what I was reading Saturday night and Sunday morning. PP firing on Monday was a silver lining moment on one heck of a dark cloud.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                Uconn fans were happy their team lost to Buffalo? Not from what I was reading Saturday night and Sunday morning. PP firing on Monday was a silver lining moment on one heck of a dark cloud.
                                That's the difference between you and me Nick. You read what the fans say online. With season tix on the 50, I talk to the fans directly. We couldn't lose on Saturday. Either the team won and we would be happy, or it lost and there would be an immediate coaching change (and we would be happy), regardless of whether of not Kiffin got sacked at USC. In fact, the decision at UConn was made before the USC decision. UConn just had more class in announcing it on Monday although maybe having a bye week this week gave them a bit more latitude to work with.
                                Last edited by RSTuthill; 10-02-2013, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X