UConn 2013-2014: Let the Cavanaugh Era Begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
    Think we have seen this movie before. When you drop games to teams you should be beating, then you go into Mercyhurst needing to win both. Ain't gonna happen. MC is too good. Even if UConn plays out of their minds MC is likely to take four points.
    What kind of attitude is that??? I agree they let one slip away last week, but you can't just write them off. That's not being a good fan. They've seemed to play up and down to teams all year, not a good way to go, but if that trend continues and if they're a little angry about last week that should mean the good huskies show up. I've seen a lot of their games this year, and when they're playing they're a very dangerous team. It won't be easy, but there is no reason they can't come back from Erie with some points. Have some faith and pull for your team.

Comment

• Re: UConn 2013-2014: Let the Cavanaugh Era Begin

Originally posted by pucks711 View Post
      What kind of attitude is that??? I agree they let one slip away last week, but you can't just write them off. That's not being a good fan. They've seemed to play up and down to teams all year, not a good way to go, but if that trend continues and if they're a little angry about last week that should mean the good huskies show up. I've seen a lot of their games this year, and when they're playing they're a very dangerous team. It won't be easy, but there is no reason they can't come back from Erie with some points. Have some faith and pull for your team.
      I have an open mind. I am willing to be persuaded. Just don't think they've got what it takes to pull this off.

Comment

Maybe I'm a little naive but I'm just a firm believer in positivity towards my team. Just like how SHU and RMU proved against us anybody can beat anybody. Given our history of playing up to teams you never know. They've shown they have the skill and work ethic to beat anybody. Maybe last weekend will be that game that catapults them, the way that bad loss at RIT did last season. Fingers crossed. If those kids get hot, stay confident, and most importantly keep their focus this could be a fun season. Speed kills and they've got a lot of it for once.

Comment

Maybe I'm a little naive but I'm just a firm believer in positivity towards my team. Just like how SHU and RMU proved against us anybody can beat anybody. Given our history of playing up to teams you never know. They've shown they have the skill and work ethic to beat anybody. Maybe last weekend will be that game that catapults them, the way that bad loss at RIT did last season. Fingers crossed. If those kids get hot, stay confident, and most importantly keep their focus this could be a fun season. Speed kills and they've got a lot of it for once.
          As I said, I am willing to be convinced. Last night was OK, but not convincing yet. Btw, this is now D-1 athletics. No positivity allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
            Think we have seen this movie before. When you drop games to teams you should be beating, then you go into Mercyhurst needing to win both. Ain't gonna happen. MC is too good. Even if UConn plays out of their minds MC is likely to take four points.
            What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
              So much for all the senior leadership BS. Turned out to be just that ... BS. They really let the fans down.
              They certainly lead the comeback tonight.

Comment

Would of loved 3 or 4 points, but coming out with two ties is something you can live with. Has any other league team come out of their building with a point yet? Glad to see they got back on track and hopefully don't fall into a trap against AIC this week, with a trip to the springs looming. Thinking they learned that lesson and are focused on a hard push to the finish.

Comment

Would of loved 3 or 4 points, but coming out with two ties is something you can live with. Has any other league team come out of their building with a point yet? Glad to see they got back on track and hopefully don't fall into a trap against AIC this week, with a trip to the springs looming. Thinking they learned that lesson and are focused on a hard push to the finish.
                  The fact that both games the team fought back from third period deficits to earn road points is very promising. It takes hard work and resiliency which are must have traits to win anything.

Comment

Enough of this sister-kissing. Good job coming back twice. Could have been a disasterous trip but wasn't but neither was it great. Now is time to take care of business this weekend against AIC. For whatever reason, the Yellow Jackets usually give UConn fits even when the Huskies win.

Comment

Today I choose to see the positive in last weekend. Quite impressed actually. Ground out two ties in the other guys' barn. Now lets see if they can close the deal v AIC. Time to bear down and git 'er done.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                        ... but neither was it great.
                        Pretty dam*ned good in my book though. Says on neutral ice the Huskies would have to be favored the way they played last weekend. Now the big question is, can they keep playing that well?
                        Last edited by RSTuthill; 01-21-2014, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Couldn't agree more. Hopefully they can keep it rolling into Springfield.

Comment

UConn feature at SBNation.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/atla...ta-jordan-sims
                            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                              Great piece!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Couldn't agree more. Hopefully they can keep it rolling into Springfield.
                                This is key to me. Have to win these type of games. A chance to make some progress in the standings, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X