Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCHC Commish hits the road before first game

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
    Why? Because the teams in our conference are inferior? I've been trying to wrap my brain around this hatred for the new conference since, well, the hatred started. How can you think a conference filled with high tier teams is going to be a failure? One that could easily have 6 teams in the tournament every year? It's an honest question, I just don't get it. Name another conference that's going to have the same talent of teams top to bottom as the NCHC is going to have? Regardless of TV deals, website quality, etc. a conference with quality teams is going to receive notoriety. It just doesn't make any sense to me.
    We are not going to know the fall out for at least 7 to 10 years.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
      The key factor for any program where they play is money, upgrades to rinks and tv deals.

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
        The key factor for any program where they play is money, upgrades to rinks and tv deals.

Fortunately, we've got more money than God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony
          That marketing firm that the NCHC has done wonders.
          Yeah, and the WCHA marketing firm has done them a lot of good as well. Their ticket marketing plan is really genius.
          Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
          Eric's Twitter
          The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

What fallout? Serously? Most of the teams in the NCHC are the power teams after the B1G from the CCHA and WCHA. Then you have SCSU...
            Eric's Twitter

Comment

[QUOTE=Goon;5736757]Yeah, and the WCHA marketing firm has done them a lot of good as well. Their ticket marketing plan is really genius.[/QUOTE

The WCHA has the Big 10 backing them because a few Womens teams play in the WCHA.

Also, looking at the small school WCHA non confrence schedule they have plenty Big 10 teams playing them.

Looking at the NCHC NC schedule not much Big but plenty of eastern teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                Yeah, and the WCHA marketing firm has done them a lot of good as well. Their ticket marketing plan is really genius.
                The WCHA has the Big 10 backing them because a few Womens teams play in the WCHA.
                You hear this From Barry Alvarez? The NCHC has 3 women's teams in the WCHA.
                "My greatest achievement."
                Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                  What fallout? Serously? Most of the teams in the NCHC are the power teams after the B1G from the CCHA and WCHA. Then you have SCSU...
                  Eric, if you believe everything will remain the same in 10 years then I have a great fishing lake in South Dakota I would like to show you. There are so many unknown things that will happen. What comes to mind would be recruiting, improvement of facilities, possible BiG expansion. The list goes on and on.
                  Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                  dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                  wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Also, looking at the small school WCHA non confrence schedule they have plenty Big 10 teams playing them.

Looking at the NCHC NC schedule not much Big but plenty of eastern teams.
                    So the WCHA teams have plenty of Big 10 teams coming to their arena? Probably not.
                    Originally posted by SJHovey
                    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                    Originally posted by Brenthoven
                    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Re: NCHC Commish hits the road before first game

Eric, if you believe everything will remain the same in 10 years then I have a great fishing lake in South Dakota I would like to show you. There are so many unknown things that will happen. What comes to mind would be recruiting, improvement of facilities, possible BiG expansion. The list goes on and on.
                      Lake Oahe?

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                        So the WCHA teams have plenty of Big 10 teams coming to their arena? Probably not.
                        Yeah, I woudl guess that it's going to be pretty even. Just looking at MN teams, the same deal applies for SCSU, UMD, MSU, and BSU. I would imagine the same is going to apply for Michigan teams and Miami. The only thing that's going to change that is if the pairwise formula changes.
                        Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                          Hockey East isn't going away, and the Big 10 isn't going to exactly be the CHA either. We're not going to have 6 teams in the tournament every year. More like 3-4. Posts like this are part of the reason for the hatred for our conference.
                          The WCHA had what, 6 teams in the tournament last year? Why is assuming the new conference, with the teams that will be in it, could have 5-6 teams make it completely ridiculous? Quality teams with quality players are going to be there, regardless of what conference they're in. If you think the new conference isn't going to have that quality, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
                          "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
                            The WCHA had what, 6 teams in the tournament last year? Why is assuming the new conference, with the teams that will be in it, could have 5-6 teams make it completely ridiculous? Quality teams with quality players are going to be there, regardless of what conference they're in. If you think the new conference isn't going to have that quality, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
                            This year we were lucky to get 1/2 the league in the Tourney. There is no way 3/4 of a conference is going to make the Tourney.
                            "My greatest achievement."
                            Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Why would I need a great fishing lake in SD, when I have Devils Lake, North Dakota? So, do you think some how the rest of college hockey is going dry up and whither on the vine? This season the ECAC proved that you don't need to be one of the self-congratulatory power conferences to win an NCAA title, last time I checked Yale doesn’t have a big time TV deal or that many first round draft choices.
                              Eric's Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                                Lake Oahe?
                                That was the name of the lake I was thinking of.
                                Eric's Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X