• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The CHL Spin Doctors are trying to infiltrate MNHS Hockey

Then what is the point of this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
      Then what is the point of this thread?
      I layed it out in the OP. I'll let you figure that out. Unless you're genuinely interested and not just mocking.

Comment

Reading that thread, both you and scorekeeper need to shut up.
        If these kids are making "bad" choices without getting all the information they feel they need, that is their problem.
        The choice is an individual one, just like choosing between colleges is an individual one if they decide to go that route.
        It's an endless and stupid debate.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          Reading that thread, both you and scorekeeper need to shut up.
          If these kids are making "bad" choices without getting all the information they feel they need, that is their problem.
          The choice is an individual one, just like choosing between colleges is an individual one if they decide to go that route.
          It's an endless and stupid debate.
          So, it's a bad thing to make sure kids/parents are getting accurate information on which to make an important decision?

Sorry, I strongly disagree.

For me, this is about nothing more than that.
          Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 05-30-2013, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
            So, it's a bad thing to make sure kids/parents are getting accurate information on which to make an important decision?

Sorry, I strongly disagree.

For me, this is about nothing more than that.
            You and this thread are not going to give kids/parents that information, and neither is the thread on the high school forums.
            If the parents/kids want that information, it is out there and if some of it is propaganda, it is up to them to decide who/what to believe, not you.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

You and this thread are not going to give kids/parents that information, and neither is the thread on the high school forums.
              If the parents/kids want that information, it is out there and if some of it is propaganda, it is up to them to decide who/what to believe, not you.
              You're kidding right? Who do you think posts on that high school board? Almost exclusively parents. And I know for a fact that many parents post here too because I have interacted with many.

And WHERE did I EVER even insinuate that it was my role to make decisions in the lives of other people's children?? Seriously.

Why does this bother you so much? It's a great discussion to have in an otherwise slow period of the year if nothing else.

Lighten up Francis.

Comment

Oh look, a parent on the MNHS Boards asking for advice on Family Advisors. We better not respond with advice because that would mean we are telling him what decisions he and his child should make!!!

Question on Family Advisors

Comment

What bothers me and everyone else is you.
                  We are sick of you.
                  What "discussion" are you thinking you are going to get here?
                  Everyone here is likely biased towards the NCAA route, this is an NCAA board.
                  And I'm sorry, if parents are reading these boards and making decisions for their kids based on what people and fans say on them, they are dumber than you are.
                  There is no point to this thread other than for you to pimp whatever agenda you feel you need to have, just like every other thread and post you make.
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Oh look, a parent on the MNHS Boards asking for advice on Family Advisors. We better not respond with advice because that would mean we are telling him what decisions he and his child should make!!!

Question on Family Advisors
                    Classic example of you being....well you.
                    Are there people out there who could give them good advice?
                    Sure.
                    Are some of them on that board?
                    Possibly.
                    Would I ever believe that anyone should listen to anything you say?
                    Not a chance.
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

What bothers me and everyone else is you.
                      We are sick of you.
                      What "discussion" are you thinking you are going to get here?
                      Everyone here is likely biased towards the NCAA route, this is an NCAA board.
                      And I'm sorry, if parents are reading these boards and making decisions for their kids based on what people and fans say on them, they are dumber than you are.
                      There is no point to this thread other than for you to pimp whatever agenda you feel you need to have, just like every other thread and post you make.
                      Then be an adult and put me on ignore.

News Flash, this isn't your board. So until I break a rule and the powers to be put me on suspension, I'll be here. Talking hockey like EVERYONE else. So you can either continue to pout about it like a child (which has to be 1000 times more annoying than anything I could ever say), or you can ignore the discussions you don't have interest in.

BTW - The "agenda" comment was so wacko I don't even know how to, or care to, properly respond to it.
                      Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 05-30-2013, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Classic example of you being....well you.
                        Are there people out there who could give them good advice?
                        Sure.
                        Are some of them on that board?
                        Possibly.
                        Would I ever believe that anyone should listen to anything you say?
                        Not a chance.
                        No one is forcing you to listen to anyone young man

Comment

You're kidding right? Who do you think posts on that high school board? Almost exclusively parents. And I know for a fact that many parents post here too because I have interacted with many.

Sure you have. Another one of those "I have proof but I'm not going to share it" items?

I haven't seen another person on here even mention that they have a kid in youth hockey (or HS hockey).

And I doubt that anyone who knows you from here would "interact" with you. Especially in regards to their kid or that kid's future.

Comment

I am very interested in discussing this with anyone who genuinely wants to discuss this topic. Doesn't even have to pertain to Minnesota High School hockey. That was just the genisis for bringing the discussion up. However, really don't want to waste more time responding to the nonsense and hate.

I know the NCAA vs CHL battle is nothing new, but it is something I am not used to seeing in our backyard. So any experiences that anyone else has had that they can share (good or bad) would be very educational and much appreciated

Comment

722 out of how many? It says 545 awards went to players currently in the league. If that 722 is out of roughly 2,100 former players, than the 32% is still accurate.

Those numbers would be more meaningful in discrediting the figures I sourced if they included the number of kids who did NOT get scholarship help.

Thanks for taking the discussion seriously BTW
                              First off those kids who did not get scholarship help did not want the aid even though they were entitled to it; they simply chose (for their own reasons) not to use it. Do not spin it as the CHL screwed them over by withholding money from them.

How did you come up with 2100 former players?There are 60 CHL teams with a roster size of say 23 per team. There is a 6 to 7 player turn-over graduation rate a year. So you have 390 graduating from the league every year. A 4 year co-hort would have 1560 former grads. 722 would represent a 46% participation rate.

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
                                First off those kids who did not get scholarship help did not want the aid even though they were entitled to it; they simply chose (for their own reasons) not to use it. Do not spin it as the CHL screwed them over by withholding money from them.

How did you come up with 2100 former players?There are 60 CHL teams with a roster size of say 23 per team. There is a 6 to 7 player turn-over graduation rate a year. So you have 390 graduating from the league every year. A 4 year co-hort would have 1560 former grads. 722 would represent a 46% participation rate.
                                Not true. You have to use the aid within a certain amount of time (months) after finishing your CHL play or you lose it.

And there were allegedly 545 scholarships handed out to players currently playing in the CHL, so you tell me how their numbers work out. I'm as puzzled as you are.

I think it is far more likely that there were 1,400 kids (former players) who didn't receive scholarship benefit in the time period that 722 kids did receive scholarship.

Bottom line: Without knowing how many kids didn't get scholarships, it is hard to put the 722 scholarships into perspective.
                                Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 05-30-2013, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X