Plattsburgh State Hockey 13-14 Season 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
    “I just think that we didn’t find ways to win this year. I don’t think our locker room was that good this year,” Emery said. “We gotta start by cleaning up our locker room, there’s no doubt about that. We’ve got a lot of good kids; there was just something wrong with the chemistry of the team all year long.”

With comments like that, he might just get his wish......
    I guarantee you the players aren't hearing that for the first time.

Emery needed to pull the backup-goalie-equipment-problem to get an extra timeout in the third.
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
      Seems like such a waste. They have the goaltender to win it all, but they pick this year to be undisciplined and penalty prone. The second goal was the direct result of turnover number 10,000 for the year. This one happened five feet away from the crease. The Cardinals seem to have gotten what they deserved in that third period. I feel bad for the seniors to (seemingly) end their careers this way. Hopefully the returning players will leave the season with a horrible taste in their mouths and come back next year with a chip on their shoulders. Could the departure of Steve Moffat affected the team more than we knew?
      I have to agree completely. So much talent, such a great start. But somehow, over the past 6 games or do (with an exception against Cortland a bit over a week ago), things seemed to be in a slow downhill slide. Last nite against the Lakers I felt the passing was horrible and the turnovers, ugh.

No spark, no spunk. I too hope the returning guys will step It up for the 2024-15 campaign.

But 8 months with no Cardinal Hockey makes for a loong off-season!

Comment

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 13-14 Season 25

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
        The loser of Genny/Oswego gets a Pool C? Not likely. If Oswego wins, then Geneseo could get a Pool C. If Genny wins, Oswego is done. They've lost to too many mediocre teams this year and there are too many other more qualified teams to get that slot. But that room gets awfully smoky, so who knows.
        Just who are all these other teams more qualified ? Utica ? Elmira ? Williams ? Eau Claire ? ....check the comparisons and get back to me. You could make an argument for 3 SUNYAC teams. May come down to Plattsburgh vs. Babson/Norwich loser....and if it's Norwich, well, again take a look at the comparison !

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
          Just who are all these other teams more qualified ? Utica ? Elmira ? Williams ? Eau Claire ? ....check the comparisons and get back to me. You could make an argument for 3 SUNYAC teams. May come down to Plattsburgh vs. Babson/Norwich loser....and if it's Norwich, well, again take a look at the comparison !
          I think Norwich is a dead end. Whatever you might think of their comparison with Plattsburgh, the NCAA has already found reason to rank them ahead of the Cardinals. I very much doubt that an 0-1 performance since versus a potential 1-1 for Norwich will change their minds.
          Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
          A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
          A Handful of ECAC West Championships
          A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
          Some National Championships:
          Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
          Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
            I guarantee you the players aren't hearing that for the first time.
            It's one thing to hear it in the locker room, its another thing to read about it..and have everyone else read about it... I admire Coach Emery's approach, success and ability to put great teams on the ice. His candor and willingness to speak publicly when he needs to may be his best quality. 1st time in 22 yrs the Cards are not in the SUNYAC Finals....that speaks for itself.
            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

For Emory to say that they couldn't find a way to win is just BS. Last time I looked the Cards had 19 wins so they found a way 19 times and against some really good teams. Also to blame the team for a lack of chemistry, lack of heart, leadership and dedication is LAMO, considering the Cards went undefeated in the 1st half. Perhaps it is Emory that didn't adjust during the season to prepare his team. As some point the Coach needs to take responsibility for the teams lack of anticipated success, which is always high for the Cardinals, for he is the one getting paid to Coach.
              By the way I do hope the Cards to make it into the big dance for their body of work through out the year deserves it. If Emory is talking about "HIS" this way maybe he should decline the invite to the NCAA's if he gets the call. NAHHH that won't happen.
              Oswego '88

Comment

Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
                For Emory to say that they couldn't find a way to win is just BS. Last time I looked the Cards had 19 wins so they found a way 19 times and against some really good teams. Also to blame the team for a lack of chemistry, lack of heart, leadership and dedication is LAMO, considering the Cards went undefeated in the 1st half. Perhaps it is Emory that didn't adjust during the season to prepare his team. As some point the Coach needs to take responsibility for the teams lack of anticipated success, which is always high for the Cardinals, for he is the one getting paid to Coach.
                +1

Comment

Its Emery and while we're at it, show some respect, specifically its Coach Emery.
                  LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                    It's one thing to hear it in the locker room, its another thing to read about it..and have everyone else read about it... I admire Coach Emery's approach, success and ability to put great teams on the ice. His candor and willingness to speak publicly when he needs to may be his best quality. 1st time in 22 yrs the Cards are not in the SUNYAC Finals....that speaks for itself.
                    It's always easy to blame the coach. Remember,he coaches. They play. I have watched 24 games this year yet could not possibly have an answer to the big question. Nor would I attempt to. It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Birds View Post
                      It's always easy to blame the coach. Remember,he coaches. They play. I have watched 24 games this year yet could not possibly have an answer to the big question. Nor would I attempt to. It is what it is.
                      I wonder what impact the change in coaching staff with the departure of Coach Moffat had/ will have on recruiting. There are always lots of moving parts.
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Birds View Post
                        If everyone recalls what Coach Emery was saying all year, "we need to quit turning the puck over in our own end....thankfully Chewy was there, but you can't expect us to continue turning the puck over like that and be successful.....need to be ready to win games 1-0.".
                        I've seen enough Plattsburgh games this season to say he's 100% correct, they kept turning the puck over in their own end all season. Last night Oswego was coming hard and a bad turnover then its in the back of the net. Plattsburgh has a lot of talent, but when that talent doesn't heed to the advice of their Coach then this is what happens. I am fairly confident Coach Emery knows what he is doing.
                        LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Are they even practicing this week or do they just figure they are done? Does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by CardFan View Post
                            Are they even practicing this week or do they just figure they are done? Does anyone know?
                            I'm sure they'll be practicing....You never know what can happen from week to week in those rankings.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              I'm sure they'll be practicing....You never know what can happen from week to week in those rankings.
                              Yes.Thanks. This is so true, Prez. I just don't feel that this is the time for others to jump all over the team and the coach. Cardinal hockey has been such a successful program for so many years that no one expects an off ending
                              to the season. Nineteen wins is nothing to sneeze at either. I wish them the best and will hang in there til the bitter end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Birds View Post
                                Yes.Thanks. This is so true, Prez. I just don't feel that this is the time for others to jump all over the team and the coach. Cardinal hockey has been such a successful program for so many years that no one expects an off ending
                                to the season. Nineteen wins is nothing to sneeze at either. I wish them the best and will hang in there til the bitter end!
                                I will be in it to the bitter end also then!

Comment

Working...
                                X