Plattsburgh State Hockey 13-14 Season 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 13-14 Season 25

Tough game last night but the team came away with the win. Good to see so many of my fellow Red fans there too. It was a blast!!! Keep up the good work, boys.

Comment

Plattsburgh State falls to Williams in men's hockey -- {Article courtesy of the Plattsburgh Press Republican 1/19/2014}

WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass — The Plattsburgh State men’s hockey team suffered just its second loss of the season Saturday, and this one was much like the first.

Like Hobart on Jan. 4, Williams scored two goals in quick succession in the second period and the Cardinals never got back in it, falling 5-1.

“I thought we had a solid effort,” Plattsburgh coach Bob Emery said. “We’ve had a lot of turnover problems this year. The two games we’ve lost have served us right for bad turnovers.

The first two goals (Saturday) were totally because of bad turnovers.”

Luke Stickel scored the first one at 9:20 after a giveaway, and 59 seconds later, Sam Gray made it 2-0.

Emery likes to say that the worst goal to give up is the first one.

We gave them that first goal (Saturday) on a silver platter,” he said. “And there was no looking back for them.

Craig Kitto gave No. 12 Williams (10-2-2) another goal on a breakaway late in the second period.

Williams became the first team this season to tally more than three goals against Plattsburgh, although two were empty-netters. The third-ranked Cardinals (14-2-2) pulled their goalie with just under three minutes left in the game and came within two when Mark Constantine scored. But Kitto quickly put a puck in the empty net and did it again a minute later.

The Cardinals fired 20 shots in the third period and had a number of good scoring chances that were turned away by Sean Dougherty, who finished with 35 saves. They did put a puck past him with 7:33 left, but the goal was waved off due to a high stick.

Mathieu Cadiuex made 16 stops for Plattsburgh.

I thought we did a good job in all areas (Saturday), just take away those two mistakes,” Emery said. “It was almost justice the way we’ve been playing all year, the way we turn it over, that we lose the game.

Emery had said this would be the Cardinals’ toughest week of the season, and after beating Norwich and Middlebury on the road, they ended the trip on a sour note.

If you had asked me going into the week if we win 2-of-3, I’d be pretty happy,” Emery said. “But when you win the first two and have a chance to win all three, I think it’s tough to swallow.

Williams 5, Plattsburgh State 1

Plattsburgh 0 0 1 —1

Williams 0 3 2 —5

First period- Penalties: Cassidy, PSU (interference), 9:34.

Second period- 1, Will, Stickel, 9:20. 2, Will, Gray (Johnson, Young), 10:19. 3, Will, Kitto (Masucci, Anderson), 19:03. Penalties: Hunkele, Will (slashing), 0:19.

Third period- 4, PSU, Constantine (Roytman, Fox), 18:02 (ea). 5, Will, Kitto (Hunkele), 18:15. 6, Will, Kitto (Anderson), 19:15. Penalties: Masucci, Will (tripping), 3:06. Steinig, Will (delay of game), 4:38.

Shots on goal:

Plattsburgh State 8 8 20 —36

Williams 5 8 8 —21

Goaltenders (shots-saves): Cadieux, PSU, 19-16. Dougherty, Will, 36-35.

Power plays (goals-opportunities): Plattsburgh 0-3, Williams 0-1.

Attendance: 156.
      Larry Normandin
      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Attendance: 156.
        Guess the locals were out preventing the barn burnings (I don't think the students are back yet). This does not bode well if Williams gets to/wants to host an NCAA 1st/QF round game.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Guess the locals were out preventing the barn burnings (I don't think the students are back yet). This does not bode well if Williams gets to/wants to host an NCAA 1st/QF round game.
          They let Amherst host over Plattsburgh..... still sad to see such a rising program with a classy head coach go unrecognized in the community. Students on break or not, for a top team its pathetic. Hats off to the purple cows.
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
            They let Amherst host over Plattsburgh..... still sad to see such a rising program with a classy head coach go unrecognized in the community. Students on break or not, for a top team its pathetic. Hats off to the purple cows.
            Last night's win is certainly an impressive one for Williams but im still curious to see what happens over the next month with the Ephs and seeing if they can avoid their notorious second half swoon.

The NESCAC is very competitive this year with Trinity, Bowdoin, Colby and Amherst all seemingly fielding solid clubs. Plus even though they are a .500 team right now, you can never count out Middlebury.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

I think 5 games in 9 days was hard especially all of last 3 games on larger ice surfaces. Thought Williams was tough and hard to beat once they got the lead. That is not to say that the Cards didn't have their chances for they did. Bob said it all too well in the paper( see article below),giveaways and early goals cost them. Still, I'm very pleased with the big wins against Norwich and Midd. Now on to some SUNYAC play. GO CARDS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Birds View Post
                I think 5 games in 9 days was hard especially all of last 3 games on larger ice surfaces. Thought Williams was tough and hard to beat once they got the lead. That is not to say that the Cards didn't have their chances for they did. Bob said it all too well in the paper( see article below),giveaways and early goals cost them. Still, I'm very pleased with the big wins against Norwich and Midd. Now on to some SUNYAC play. GO CARDS!!!!
                Isn't every ice surface bigger than Stafford??
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

You know what they say...."Small rink.. ... "

Comment

Cards need to take care of business in the conference as at large bids are sparse due to so many auto bids from crappy conferences

Comment

Originally posted by Shield View Post
                      Cards need to take care of business in the conference as at large bids are sparse due to so many auto bids from crappy conferences
                      This year there are 7 A auto bids, 1 pool B (from ECACW or WIAC) and 3 C at large to fight for.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Shield View Post
                        A. The Cards resume is one of the best in the East....they go 7-0 or even 6-1 in the next 7 games, they have a VERY good chance...Adrian has 2 more games against ranked teams. St.Norbert has 4, UWSP has 3, UWEC 5, Norwich 2, and Plattsburgh 2. If they can get two more wins over Geneseo and Oswego, I believe they are a lock even if they get bounced in the SUNYAC...

B. If it wasn't for those crappy teams from those "crappy conferences" we would have fewer bids....

C. I assume you're talking about teams like the ECAC Northeast, which is .500 against the SUNYAC... ....
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Larry Normandin
                          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

• Originally posted by norm1909 View Post

When is the last time Plattsburgh hasn't auctioned off a jersey during the course of the year?
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

All winners of the jerseys are encouraged to wear them for the February 22nd home game
                              2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                              2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                              2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                              2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                              2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

I think there are only 2 at large bids this year as MASCAC gets an auto bid. One of the at large will either go to Adrian or St Norbert.........so the Cards can't risk any hiccups this year in the conference.

Comment

Working...
                                X