Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 13-14 Season 25

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    I was told at yesterday's Colgate game that our goalie Finney(not Finn) was leaving Gate and going to Platty next semester. He played some good games for Colgate last year.
    Spencer Finney is now listed in the PSU student registry.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post
      well isnt that special

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
        well isnt that special
        Oswego fans are the last ones to say anything about DI transfers. They've ridden the coattails of someone elses project for years...
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
          Oswego fans are the last ones to say anything about DI transfers. They've ridden the coattails of someone elses project for years...
          And will again

Happy Holidays guys, good luck to the Cards the rest of the way, and go SUNYAC!
          2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
          2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
          2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
          2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
          2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Oswego fans are the last ones to say anything about DI transfers. They've ridden the coattails of someone elses rejects for years...
            Fixed that for you. Other than Fox, who left Salem to play in a more competitive league than the MASCAC everyone else were guys that either couldn't get playing time or were run out of town on a rail. Finney played a lot last year, got passed over this year and moved on and like Colgate's loss is Platty's gain just like Oswego's situations.
            Last edited by Laker28; 12-25-2013, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
              Fixed that for you. Other than Fox, who left Salem to play in a more competitive league than the MASCAC everyone else were guys that either couldn't get playing time or were run out of town on a rail. Finney played a lot last year, got passed over this year and moved on and like Colgate's loss is Platty's gain just like Oswego's situations.
              I was trying to be kind....it's not the issue of "a" transfer, it was more when you can make complete lines full of transfers and then some....Oswego's transfers were a very key part to their success over the years. From Patrick, Boots, Fox, Hare, Josepher, Huinink, Carr, Potter, Kitchen, Gunn-Taylor, Montagna, Wills, Bonner, Adams, Scott since 2004-2005 compared to the 7 Plattsburgh has had in that same time period...
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I was trying to be kind....it's not the issue of "a" transfer, it was more when you can make complete lines full of transfers and then some....Oswego's transfers were a very key part to their success over the years. From Patrick, Boots, Fox, Hare, Josepher, Huinink, Carr, Potter, Kitchen, Gunn-Taylor, Montagna, Wills, Bonner, Adams, Scott since 2004-2005 compared to the 7 Plattsburgh has had in that same time period...
                ...I know I am not as knowledgeable as many on this board, so if there is more to this argument than good players looking for good programs that provide a better opportunity for them, please fill me in...
                LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Kevin Huinink moved over from Salem St., too. He was not anybody's reject.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

No Kevin was not a reject from Salem, but I have heard Eddie was one of the few coaches that was willing to give him a serious look when they were going to transfer. Fox really wanted to have him with him and would not go to a school that didn't want Kevin.

I didn't mean reject's really, castoffs maybe is a better term. Fox was the only guy that was still a star on his old team when he left. The others were guys that fell out of favor for whatever reason and Eddie gave them a home. Cortland, and Eau-Claire are other schools that are willing to give guys another chance. Emery likes a certain type of player, guys he knows he can coach his way and he chooses to be very picky with the transfers he accepts. Eddie will never shy away from a player due to "problems" at his old school and he feels like he can turn anyone around. And you will see that most of the guys that have transferred in, have gone on to become factors so he is doing something right.
                    Last edited by Laker28; 12-25-2013, 08:55 PM.

Comment

No Kevin was not a reject from Salem, but I have heard Eddie was one of the few coaches that was willing to give him a serious look when they were going to transfer. Fox really wanted to have him with him and would not go to a school that didn't want Kevin.

I didn't mean reject's really, castoffs maybe is a better term. Fox was the only guy that was still a star on his old team when he left. The others were guys that fell out of favor for whatever reason and Eddie gave them a home. Cortland, and Eau-Claire are other schools that are willing to give guys another chance. Emery likes a certain type of player, guys he knows he can coach his way and he chooses to be very picky with the transfers he accepts. Eddie will never shy away from a player due to "problems" at his old school and he feels like he can turn anyone around. And you will see that most of the guys that have transferred in, have gone on to become factors so he is doing something right.
                      Not to sat that Eddie would shy away from a player or that Emery isn't choosy, but I suspect that team situations - i.e. the respective teams NEEDING a particular position filled and a DI player playing that position who would rather be a big fish in a small pond (considerable playing time & impact) versus the small fish in a big pond (little playing time/low respect), has been the biggest factor affecting the DI transfers.
                      Larry Normandin
                      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

true norm, team needs play a big factor as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post
                          Assuming this is true, and that the kid plans to play hockey, what do you think Emery will do w/ 4 goalies? Is someone now the odd man out?

Comment

I don't think the freshman Creech is returning. Too bad, he was pretty good from what I hear."Sudden Sam" Foley graduates in the spring, so Finney is the man for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                              well isnt that special
                              Yes it is! Since rumor has it Eddie wanted him too but we lucked out this time.

Comment

How is the Microtel hotel in town? It's that or the Days Inn.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X