Plattsburgh State Hockey 13-14 Season 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 13-14 Season 25

Cardinals tie Oswego in semester finale {Article courtesy of the Plattsburgh Press Republican 12/8/2013}

Plattsburgh State never trailed in the first 10 games of the men’s hockey season.

Saturday against Oswego, the Cardinals found themselves behind twice, and they came back twice.

Then it was the Lakers’ turn to rally. They scored the final goal of the game as the two SUNY Athletic Conference teams settled for a 3-3 tie.

Give our guys credit. One thing that impressed me about the game is we came back from a deficit twice,” Plattsburgh coach Bob Emery said. “We just gotta do a better job with puck management.”

No. 13 Oswego (5-2-1, 4-2-1 SUNYAC) took a 2-1 lead into the third period, but Plattsburgh quickly pulled ahead. Alex Jensen scored a power-play goal 1:38 in. Kyle Hall assisted on the goal and then tallied one of his own at 5:18 to make it 3-2.

Mike Wills found the net less than two minutes later to knot the game, and it stayed that way through the rest of the period and the five-minute overtime.

“I like how we played in the third period,” Emery said. “And I’m proud of the way our defense played. We played really short on defense tonight. At times they were real tired. But they really sucked it up and finished the game strong.”

Patrick Hermans did not play because he drew a misconduct penalty Friday, and the top-ranked Cardinals (9-0-2, 7-0-2) have two injured defensemen, leaving them with five Saturday.

Mathieu Cadieux made 28 saves for Plattsburgh, and Matt Zawadzki had 35. Emery said the Cardinals had good chances in the game, and Zawadzki made some tough saves, including robbing Kevin Emmerling twice.

Oswego’s David Titanic potted the first goal of the game early in the second period, and Rich Botting answered for Plattsburgh shortly after. Shawn Hulshof’s goal at 16:11 restored the Lakers’ lead.

Emery said his team didn’t play as well in the first two periods as it did in the third.

The Cardinals don’t play again until Jan. 3.

Overall, it was a good first semester, but I’d like us to find ways to win these games,” Emery said. “I’m happy but not satisfied.”

Plattsburgh 3, Oswego 3

Plattsburgh0 1 2 0 — 3

Oswego0 2 1 0 — 3

First period- Penalties: Radisa, PSU (slashing), 10:26.

Second period- 1, Osw, Titanic (Barton), 3:45. 2, PSU, Botting (Roytman), 5:21 (pp). 3, Osw, Hulshof (Galati), 16:11. Penalties: Scott, Osw (interference), 5:14. Constantine, PSU (slashing), 6:37. Wills, Osw (Hooking), 13:18. Smith, Osw (holding), 20:00.

Third period- 4, PSU, A. Jensen (Hall), 1:38 (pp). 5, PSU, Hall, 5:18. 6, Osw, Wills (Galati), 6:56. Penalties: Waterstreet, Osw (interference), 17:43.

Shots on goal:

Plattsburgh14 10 14 0 — 38

Oswego13 8 8 2 — 31

Goaltenders (shots-saves): Cadieux, PSU, 31-28. Zawadzki, Osw, 38-35.

Power plays (goals-opportunities): Plattsburgh 2-4, Oswego 0-2.

Attendance: 3,000.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Thinking of coming up for the tournament in early January (weather permitting). Will tickets be a problem or will I have to use my Williams connection?
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Thinking of coming up for the tournament in early January (weather permitting). Will tickets be a problem or will I have to use my Williams connection?
        Attendance runs about 1800 (without the students - they are on break) vs 2100 for Oswego, and (with the students), so I doubt tickets will be an issue. Williams will get complementary tickets for seats behind their bench though.
        Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

WPTZ Video courtesy of WTOP & NSN - Plattsburgh, Norwich, & Castleton close out 2013 slate
          Last edited by norm1909; 12-08-2013, 10:23 PM.
          Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

FYI: WTOP will be replaying Saturday night's game this Wednesday at 7pm Eastern

www.wtop10.com

Norm needs to give a "make a link" webinar....
            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
              FYI: WTOP will be replaying Saturday night's game this Wednesday at 7pm Eastern

www.wtop10.com

Norm needs to give a "make a link" webinar....
              Come on it's not that hard. See the little globe with the chain on the menu?
              Even I know how to make links - Norm's talent is locating the most obscure of all possible links
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                Come on it's not that hard. See the little globe with the chain on the menu?
                Even I know how to make links - Norm's talent is locating the most obscure of all possible links
                I appreciate your confidence in my abilities....
                LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

1013-ESPN interview with Bob Emery - Cardinal Hockey Head Coach talks about the team's undefeated start & lengthy holiday break. Hear his response on the coaching disaster that is Jason Kidd's start with Brooklyn.
                  Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I was told at yesterday's Colgate game that our goalie Finney(not Finn) was leaving Gate and going to Platty next semester. He played some good games for Colgate last year.
                    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                      I was told at yesterday's Colgate game that our goalie Finney(not Finn) was leaving Gate and going to Platty next semester. He played some good games for Colgate last year.
                      He (sophomore goalie Spencer Finney) has been passed up for freshman goalie Charlie Finn so I could see it happening.
                      Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                        He (sophomore goalie Spencer Finney) has been passed up for freshman goalie Charlie Finn so I could see it happening.
                        looks like a excellent pick up,he played 23 games a a freshman,wonder what happened??

Comment

Finn is very highly rated and Vaughan loves him, had superb numbers in Jrs for three years. Mihalek is a senior, think Don wants to give him some playing time. Think Finney s just the odd man out in a three goalie system. He and Mihalek both had hot streaks last year, I rate them about even. How's your current goaltending situation ?
                          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I guess the "stud replacement" for Cadieux has been outed !

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
                              I heard he had some cramping issue at Colgate or something like that though
                              2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                              2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                              2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                              2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                              2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
                                i thought Finney was " the stud" goalie,looks like it to me,if not send the other guy/ stud to the land of Oz

Comment

Working...
                                X