Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Originally posted by Rodhotter View Post
    This just in from Gary Shuchuk.
    Gary Shuchuk ‏@gshuchuk 4m

The 6 NCAA Championship banners are back hanging in the rafters of the Kohl center. #BadgerHockey pic.twitter.com/bCfQ4gPkbv

**** YEAH THEY ARE!

Eaves probably paid a visit to someone (and went all Leavitt on them) while Shuey stood at the closed door, not allowing anyone entrance.

To be honest, Walsh frightens me a bit too.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

If Shuchuk is involved enough to send the picture, it might be reasonable to assume he PERSONALLY was ****ed about the situation - which of course none of us would blame him for.

Great news! "The squeaky wheel gets the grease"....or in this case, apparently their banners back!

Comment

Considering all three coaches were part of those championships, it's no surprise the athletic department put the banners back up for the time being. I think they completely under-estimated the reaction from both people outside the department and those inside with the hockey programs.

Comment

Rough day for the alumni. Burish(back) and Drewiske(shoulder) having surgeries and will miss significant time.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rodhotter View Post
              This just in from Gary Shuchuk.
              Gary Shuchuk ‏@gshuchuk 4m

The 6 NCAA Championship banners are back hanging in the rafters of the Kohl center. #BadgerHockey pic.twitter.com/bCfQ4gPkbv
              This does not surprise me. Lots of backlash and an easy fix means they do that easy fix.

Comment

common sense
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                  common sense
                  Perhaps. But how often has common sense driven the actions of the UW athletic department lately, particularly with regard to hockey?

Comment

Originally posted by jwilli View Post
                    Perhaps. But how often has common sense driven the actions of the UW athletic department lately, particularly with regard to hockey?
                    Well, at least they had the sense to respond correctly to the negative reaction to a very VERY bad decision and cave in.

Comment

I'm currently in line at the Make Bo Pay/Shooting Down Cancer event. The two basketball banners are up, but the hockey championship banners don't appear to be in the rafters.

Edit: 3 banners. 2 big ones with post-season and conference stuff, and the one 1941 banner.
                      Last edited by WiscDC; 10-17-2013, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                        I'm currently in line at the Make Bo Pay/Shooting Down Cancer event. The two basketball banners are up, but the hockey championship banners don't appear to be in the rafters.

Get violent.

Immediately.

We're counting on you.

Comment

Edit: 3 banners. 2 big ones with post-season and conference stuff, and the one 1941 banner.
                          Speculation, but maybe they decided to split the difference and only have the banners up depending on which sport is using the space at the time? If so, that seems fair enough?

Comment

So was Gary's pic a rouse?

pic.twitter.com/bCfQ4gPkbv

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                              Speculation, but maybe they decided to split the difference and only have the banners up depending on which sport is using the space at the time? If so, that seems fair enough?
                              What's wrong with having them all up at the same time? It works at most pro venues (yes, the ceiling is a little smaller than most major pro arenas, but not by much). It advertises basketball at hockey games and hockey at basketball games, and celebrates the history of these teams!

Besides, even after 2 seasons of being a basketball season ticket holder, this venue still feels weird in the basketball configuration. Even weirder with no hockey banners.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                                What's wrong with having them all up at the same time? It works at most pro venues (yes, the ceiling is a little smaller than most major pro arenas, but not by much). It advertises basketball at hockey games and hockey at basketball games, and celebrates the history of these teams!

Besides, even after 2 seasons of being a basketball season ticket holder, this venue still feels weird in the basketball configuration. Even weirder with no hockey banners.
                                Forgot to take a pic, but did you see they started putting conference title years on the upper deck fascade? They only have two years up so far but they looked kind of cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X