Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A084sQy8Oc

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Here is a quick update to the "digital banner" debacle.

I sent an e-mail to Capobianco and got this replay "There will not be digital championship banners. That is an incorrect report."

Looks like someone has some explaining to do...
      Last edited by KaMiGo; 10-15-2013, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
        Here is a quick update to the "digital banner" debacle.

I sent an e-mail to Capobianco and got this replay "There will not be digital championship banners. That is an in correct report."

Looks like someone has some explaining to do...
        Capobianco just tweeted: "Despite reports, there will not be virtual banners at Kohl. There will be recognition of each championship team on the 2nd concrete ring..."
        It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

from Ben Fraser, director of Guest Services:

"I can tell you that wherever you heard that the banners were going to be electronically displayed is not correct, our Administration is working on a new display and I can tell you it is not electronic."

I sent him the link to the article.

Note: I was too slow and missed the tweet from Paul.
          Last edited by WiscTJK; 10-15-2013, 12:35 PM.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by tristarscoop View Post
            Capobianco just tweeted: "Despite reports, there will not be virtual banners at Kohl. There will be recognition of each championship team on the 2nd concrete ring..."
            Not sure how much of an improvement that is... Sounds like a football stadium setup.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
              That is the point the more clutter of banners of championships the better. What a moron who made this call.
              The same moron who decided to paint LaBahn mostly off white and beige......with silver lettering that does not stand out against the HGTV color selections.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                The same moron who decided to paint LaBahn mostly off white and beige......with silver lettering that does not stand out against the HGTV color selections.

Lettering on the second ring still sucks.

Banners are better.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Banners are better.
                  What will they do if they ever manage to get an actual hockey arena and move out of the KC? Have an emotional ceremony where you get a chisel or jackhammer and take down the lettering?

Comment

Isn't this banner issue exactly the sort of thing a group of concerned fans, say, a fan council or advisory board, might have some suggestions about?
                    Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                    Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                    sigpic
                    Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                    1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Banners are better.
                      Banners are everything. It's what I love the most when I go to Mariucci. There's so much history there but nothing spells it out more than the banners. Course, I am a traditionalist.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Banners are everything. It's what I love the most when I go to Mariucci. There's so much history there but nothing spells it out more than the banners. Course, I am a traditionalist.

Traditionalist or not, you are correct.

Mariucci has it right as does just about every hockey arena everywhere else in the world.

But not Barry's... er... I mean Wisconsin's.

Comment

Traditionalist or not, you are correct.

Mariucci has it right as does just about every hockey arena everywhere else in the world.

But not Barry's... er... I mean Wisconsin's.
                          you are right on Gurt - this is another one of Barry's pet projects (why else make it look more like football). Ruin another nice tradition.
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

About those banners being cluttered - isn't that why they listed the years of each achievement on the same banner in small type?

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                              About those banners being cluttered - isn't that why they listed the years of each achievement on the same banner in small type?
                              Yep, that's how you clean things up. You start consolidating. I imagine Minnesota will do that with a bunch of the WCHA stuff eventually like they did with the Big 10 titles from the old days.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Yep, that's how you clean things up. You start consolidating. I imagine Minnesota will do that with a bunch of the WCHA stuff eventually like they did with the Big 10 titles from the old days.
                                Probably, and it won't take them long since the B1G banners will rack up fast.

Comment

Working...
                                X