Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

To all the people not at the game last night. You may want to pick up tickets soon. When the pre-season rankings came out, I was not sure about #3. But they played like a frozen four team from start to finish.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Now that's the way to start a season! and BESSE SCORES! Woot!
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerHockeyRules View Post
        To all the people not at the game last night. You may want to pick up tickets soon. When the pre-season rankings came out, I was not sure about #3. But they played like a frozen four team from start to finish.
        ...except the penalties. I'm hoping it's just a matter of not having much in the way of official practices before the season starts, as NMU was penalized a lot as well.

I agree with you, but people who are browsing this board probably know that, and are either going to games with regularity or aren't in the area. Tonight's crowd will be bigger - hopefully by a wider margin than normal for Fri-Sat.

Comment

Gotta say the Varsity Club at Camp Randall is pretty sweet. I could get used to this. Waitress, drinks, food...

And this is only Act 1 of Girth's Epic Badger Day!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            Gotta say the Varsity Club at Camp Randall is pretty sweet. I could get used to this. Waitress, drinks, food...

I am jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Gotta love the phone's auto correct.

Game was pretty dull as the Badgers appeared to sleepwalk through it and NMU played hard all night.

Besse and Soleway were pretty much invisible until Besse's goal. Wifey was calling Soleway "Slow Way."

He did look big out there though. Hope to see him throw that body around more.

Pretty meh game, but good to get a sweep.

Comment

I was getting pretty scared as we got deeper into the third period with a 1-1 tie. Kerdiles seemed to have an extra ounce of energy over anyone else during that time. I know that's pretty ambiguous, but I wasn't the only one who noticed it. (Of course, being more talented can lead to that.) When they scored that 2nd goal, they really seemed to look a lot more like the dominant team that showed up for Friday's game. The power play was a little more "meh," but they're still moving the puck better/more productively than most of last year.

Besse has certainly shown up early!

Comment

Radio guys made it sound like everyone looked pretty gassed?

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                    I was getting pretty scared as we got deeper into the third period with a 1-1 tie. Kerdiles seemed to have an extra ounce of energy over anyone else during that time. I know that's pretty ambiguous, but I wasn't the only one who noticed it.
                    Kerdiles also kept NMU off the board when it was still 1-0 in 3rd, when he came flying from behind the play to break up a a centering pass from the left wing. If I remember correctly, it was a 3-1 Northern Michigan rush until Kerdiles came diving at the pass from out of nowhere, tipping it harmless into the corner.

When NMU tied it, I had deja vu from Green Bay last year.

Wisconsin's passing on the break out was far better that I saw at this point last season.

Comment

Originally posted by EasternBadger View Post
                      Radio guys made it sound like everyone looked pretty gassed?
                      Speaking of media. No TV, and now I go to the UW site to find no video of Besse's goal. All I find is Eaves presser video. Guess I will have to go to all the games . If someone has video of Besse's goal. Please post. Thank you.

If we were in Minneapolis this would not happen. Might as well be in Kearny Nebraska. Oh wait. they probably
                      get the NEB-Omaha games. This sucks.

Comment

Attended the Friday night game and I was impressed with the Badgers. Looked much better than the opening series last year. Play solid all night. Get your tickets soon, I see a good season.

Comment

Originally posted by D3 Phan View Post
                          Attended the Friday night game and I was impressed with the Badgers. Looked much better than the opening series last year. Play solid all night. Get your tickets soon, I see a good season.
                          Saturday wasn't as good, but still a win after allowing NMU to hang in there the whole game.

As far as I can tell the new concessions suck. I think they only had 3 or 4 stands open on the second floor, lines were long and slow. food is either more expensive, smaller in size or both. very disappointing. It was so bad, it ruined my game time experience on Saturday. They did this and took the contract from the w club. But they have salads. I am sure those sold great. And the $4.00 water is ridiculous. BadgerMax which they make sound like some sort of miracle ph water and it is tap water. Hey Barry and athletic dept - do you care???
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

deleted duplicate post - sorry
                            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                              Saturday wasn't as good, but still a win after allowing NMU to hang in there the whole game.

As far as I can tell the new concessions suck. I think they only had 3 or 4 stands open on the second floor, lines were long and slow. food is either more expensive, smaller in size or both. very disappointing. It was so bad, it ruined my game time experience on Saturday. They did this and took the contract from the w club. But they have salads. I am sure those sold great. And the $4.00 water is ridiculous. BadgerMax which they make sound like some sort of miracle ph water and it is tap water. Hey Barry and athletic dept - do you care???
                              You didn't expect them to lower prices did ya? HAHAHAHAAHAHA. The water has always been that expensive. My kids have been getting nachos at the women's games and the size seems to be the same, but the cheese resevior is too small for the chips and they only fit diagonally.

The TV deal is the worst ever. At least you could count on WPT to play most of the home games @ 10:30, but over the years that has become less and less and less. UW should write into the contracts of the telecasters that WPT has the right to show any game they choose not to show. It's a pretty sad day when the first UW hockey game I'll see on TV is Nov. 15th.

Good to get 2 wins to start the season. From what I have read, it sounds like Petersen played better, so Eaves' hunch, which was based on some facts was corrent. Good to see all the guys who are supposed to score get some points to get thier confidence roling.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

Join the fan council, I'm sure your voice will count now.
                                Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                                Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                                sigpic
                                Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                                1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Working...
                                X