Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Nice article. Thanks for sharing the link.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

And wouldn't you know it, my kid's fall team is out of town next weekend and if he dresses, I'll have to miss the Badger opener.

First time in a while that I'm actually jazzed to see a game and already a conflict.

Of course I'd rather watch my kid play, but I'd really rather do BOTH.

Oh these first world problems.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
        Unfortunately...the difference between FS Wisconsin and local is that there is no national reach. The FS feed is an option for out of towners via satelite sports packages while myTV is not. Fortunately, I live close enough and have a big enough antenna on the roof that I can catch the local Madison channels....so any televised games are good for me.
        Exactly, and if the game is on MyTV, they likely won't stream them online...meaning people out of state, or people who live in state with satellite can't see the games.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
          Exactly, and if the game is on MyTV, they likely won't stream them online...meaning people out of state, or people who live in state with satellite can't see the games.

Comment

I hate to say it, but I think the B10 conference is going to be good for UW hockey.

The rest of us will miss seeing the Badgers regularly, and the conference tournament will never be the same, but the same teams will have to get by each other in the end anyway. So have a great season--until you get torn apart somewhere sometime by the Team With No Name.

Comment

A new award for college hockey this year. The 'Mike Richter Award' to the most outstanding goaltender.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...100313aac.html

Comment

I went to the student shootout event expecting to skate on the ice, take my turn, get my pizza and tickets, and leave. I stayed until they shooed us off. Unfortunately, only our first two shots counted. We were shooting on mini-nets from the other end of the ice...the spin of the puck and snow made it tricky until you got adjusted. People in skates couldn't shoot from the far blue line, we shot the full ~180 feet from goal line to goal line. There were plenty of season ticket holders, but I know there were at least some who hadn't bought tickets yet. People talked about college hockey; it was great. I got to hang out with some other students and Tyler Barnes in the corner; he seems like a good dude. Best of all, they let us keep shooting, stickhandling, and messing around for the whole event, which was a lot of fun.

I'm still very disappointed I didn't make one of my first two shots (or convince Pacholok that I deserved one of those certificate thingies) and be able to pay for someone else's tickets, but I have to give major props to the athletic department for putting on that event.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                  I went to the student shootout event expecting to skate on the ice, take my turn, get my pizza and tickets, and leave. I stayed until they shooed us off. Unfortunately, only our first two shots counted. We were shooting on mini-nets from the other end of the ice...the spin of the puck and snow made it tricky until you got adjusted. People in skates couldn't shoot from the far blue line, we shot the full ~180 feet from goal line to goal line. There were plenty of season ticket holders, but I know there were at least some who hadn't bought tickets yet. People talked about college hockey; it was great. I got to hang out with some other students and Tyler Barnes in the corner; he seems like a good dude. Best of all, they let us keep shooting, stickhandling, and messing around for the whole event, which was a lot of fun.

I'm still very disappointed I didn't make one of my first two shots (or convince Pacholok that I deserved one of those certificate thingies) and be able to pay for someone else's tickets, but I have to give major props to the athletic department for putting on that event.
                  I was over there too early on and I was a little disappointed that we had to shoot from farther out, but overall it was pretty cool to be able to interact with one of the players and there was a pretty good turnout. I saw they tweeted out that 78 people won tickets. Major props to the athletic dept. for having this event.

An interesting note I picked up was asking Barnes and Dahl if/when they were going to break out the alternate jerseys again. They both said they like them and want to, but Eaves has sort of been against wearing them because of how badly they played a couple of years ago (CC series on the road I believe) when they first wore them. They said hopefully for at least one of the non-conference series. Just thought it was interesting that Eaves put the halt on wearing them out of superstition.

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
                    An interesting note I picked up was asking Barnes and Dahl if/when they were going to break out the alternate jerseys again. They both said they like them and want to, but Eaves has sort of been against wearing them because of how badly they played a couple of years ago (CC series on the road I believe) when they first wore them. They said hopefully for at least one of the non-conference series. Just thought it was interesting that Eaves put the halt on wearing them out of superstition.
                    Very interesting, but I think old-time hockey guys are more superstitious.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

If any of you use twitter, join the campaign to #PaintLaBahn by sending tweets to @BadgerWHockey. If you don't use twitter, you can sign up and contribute anyway!

Or comment on facebook.

Comment

Awesome to see the Badgers in EC yesterday....pretty neat thing for UW to do. I know that there is a connection with UWEC between Eaves and the school and the Badgers from the area (and the brothers that play for each school). It would be cool to see UW rotate that scrimmage around the DIII schools that have rinks in the state. I guess somewhat similar to the BB Badgers playing in-state DIII schools in scrimmages before their regular non-conf season begins.

It would certainly help the DIII programs and would help the Badgers exposure all around the state.

Regardless, kudos to whoever was responsible for making it happen yesterday. Very cool!

Comment

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...100513aaa.html

nice crowd for the scrimmage
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            Especially when you consider people paid either 15 or 20 dollars to watch practice (plus the other festivities)! I wasn't there, but it seems like it was a fun event.

Comment

Here are some (very amateur) pictures I took from the game. Working on transcribing quotes/writing my thoughts from what I saw in Eau Claire. Happy with the crowd, pleasantly surprised with some players and things I saw on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                                Here are some (very amateur) pictures I took from the game. Working on transcribing quotes/writing my thoughts from what I saw in Eau Claire. Happy with the crowd, pleasantly surprised with some players and things I saw on the ice.
                                I read on the WSJ site the 3rd line was Dahl/Little/Navin and the 4th line was Meuer/Soleway/Besse. That 3rd line doesn't seem to have any scoring punch, but I do kinda like the 4th line, as long as they roll 4 lines consistently. Soleway and Besse have to see more ice time than a typical 4th line would see in spotted action.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X