Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    The Admirals play in the AHL.
    Touché
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      He's also a Wild fan but that's more worthy of pity than scorn...
      I'll probably have to give that up. Too many BADgers on that roster now, throw in a Fighting Whioux and it's pretty hard to stomach. Although if Haula can stick, he and Ballard counterbalance it some.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
        I'll probably have to give that up. Too many BADgers on that roster now, throw in a Fighting Whioux and it's pretty hard to stomach. Although if Haula can stick, he and Ballard counterbalance it some.

First the Vikings poach former Packers at an alarming rate and now the Wild with all the Badgers.

You guys wish you were us.

At least you sent Leddy packing. Who'd you get again for him?

Comment

• Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
          Don't jump ship yet, Vanek is on his way

Comment

A new GM.

Comment

Most likely a bag of new pucks.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                Don't jump ship yet, Vanek is on his way
                Probably getting rid of Heatley to get that to happen.

It'll be almost exactly like how they got rid of Tom Gilbert to get Keith Ballard, except for the part where Vanek is useful.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

It'll be almost exactly like how they got rid of Tom Gilbert to get Keith Ballard, except for the part where Vanek is useful.
                  Ballard isn't useful?

I think everyone will be mighty surprised once the season gets going.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

I consider Gilbert and Ballard a wash, but agree that Vanek would be a much bigger addition than Ballard. Would honestly hate to see Heatley go, but I do agree that the writing is on the wall.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Ballard isn't useful?

I think everyone will be mighty surprised once the season gets going.
                      He's more physical than Gilbert IMO, but I think Gilbert moves the puck slightly better.

Really depends on whether we're getting Florida Panthers Ballard or Vancouver Ballard.

Comment

Cue the "This is a Wisconsin Hockey Hockey Thread" complaint... 5... 4... 3... 2...

Comment

Cue the "This is a Wisconsin Hockey Hockey Thread" complaint... 5... 4... 3... 2...

...1... 0:
                          Guys, this is a University of Wisconsin hockey thread! You're not even talking about college hockey! I'm a Capitals fan, but I also root for the Wild. We get their games here! I guess that wasn't relevant to what you all were talking about...but neither is this NHL talk!!! Jeez, what's next, a CHL discussion on a college hockey board?

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                            ...1... 0:
                            Guys, this is a University of Wisconsin hockey thread! You're not even talking about college hockey! I'm a Capitals fan, but I also root for the Wild. We get their games here! I guess that wasn't relevant to what you all were talking about...but neither is this NHL talk!!! Jeez, what's next, a CHL discussion on a college hockey board?

Sorry

Comment

I, for one, think that the London Knights will have an excellent year...
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I would have to think that Besse will have the opportunity to move up to the 3rd line fairly quickly.

He's a skill player, isn't he? Is he willing or even capable of accepting a 4th line role?

Gotta think he's got more skill than any of those guys that are currently on the 3rd line. The question is whether he can adjust to the college game quickly enough.
                                I keep thinking of a guy like Gorowsky who I don't think ever got a fair shot to show what he could do scoring-wise until his sr. year when he got on a line with skilled guys.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X