Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post

Zulinick-Zengerle-Barnes
    LaBate-Kerdiles-Mersch

Just got excited for this season to get going. This team shouldn't have any issues scoring this year. Still don't think they will have single digit loses, but they should have a very good record this year. Could have a deep run with the goaltending UW has. Hopefully, Barnes has been working on his shot over the summer.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

I havent been this excited about Badger hockey in a few years. Ranked #3 in the preseason poll and with them moving to B1G hockey, I'll actually have the chance to see them play in person when they come to Columbus.
      A Badger living in Buckeye country.
      Originally posted by MadCityRich
      He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
      Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
      Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
      "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Zulinick-Zengerle-Barnes
        LaBate-Kerdiles-Mersch
        Barnes-Zengerlee-Zulinick: BuZZ line
        Besse-Kerdiles-Mersch: I want Besse to get the best possible chance to get off to a hot start and get confidence.
        LaBate-Dahl-Soleway: Dahl will have a breakout year scoring.
        Little-Meuer-Navin/Paape/Cavallini: Rock solid 4th line
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Besse-Kerdiles-Mersch: I want Besse to get the best possible chance to get off to a hot start and get confidence.
          I could support a BuZZ line.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            There are going to be some great internal competitions to be on the top 2 lines, as well as just making the line up on the 4th. It should be fun to see how it works out.

Comment

Andy, what are your thoughts on how they will use Rumpel/Peterson. Will they split nights until one takes over?

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                Andy, what are your thoughts on how they will use Rumpel/Peterson. Will they split nights until one takes over?
                Eaves says they are 1A, 1B with Rumpel as the slight favorite (for obvious reasons). We all know Rumpel is the guy, and, barring something drastic happening, he'll be the guy when it matters. But, I think Eaves worries about Rumpel getting complacent, so he doesn't want to publicly favor him too much. It's a motivational tool, and it makes sense given the personalities of these goalies. I think they'll trade off early in the season, but Eaves hasn't been afraid to go Rumpel on back to back nights early in the season (see Duluth last year) if he feels a goalie played well enough to earn another start.

Comment

But, I think Eaves worries about Rumpel getting complacent, so he doesn't want to publicly favor him too much.
                  I would not worry about complacency if I were Eaves because if Rumpel has a bad night or even 2 in a row, or is getting lazy in practice, Petersen can start a couple in a row if needed to send the message and the team isn't compromising their ability to win. If there was a freshman backing him up who hasn't proved anything, then I'd be worried about complacency. I also think if you know you are THE guy, that can give you extra confidence. If you are in a constant battle to start, I think that can sap your confidence a bit as well. I think it all depends on how the player is wired.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    With any luck, it'll work as well as when we put Skille and Street on the third line...
                    if it works out like that it would be effing fantastic!
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Saw an sneak peek interview Ben Worgull (Badger Nation Magazine) did with Eaves tonight as I usually write the season preview for them. Eaves says the initial plan is for Kerdiles to go back to center to start this season. So, it will be Zengerle, Kerdiles, Dahl and Meuer down the middle for now. I'm probably going to write up some line combinations based off of this, but what do you guys think?
                      Looks great for this year...but three of those guys graduate and Kerdiles will probably be in the NHL the following year so UW will likely be breaking in 4 new centers at the same time...ugh. I guess we should all just enjoy this season, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                        Looks great for this year...but three of those guys graduate and Kerdiles will probably be in the NHL the following year so UW will likely be breaking in 4 new centers at the same time...ugh. I guess we should all just enjoy this season, huh?
                        Gotta make hay while the sun shines, and if you can keep some out of the rodents' barn, all the good guys are happy.

Comment

BIG's Top 5 for the Hobey

LA Kings wanted to sign 3 college hockey players, all from the "old" WCHA. The Kings did sign DU's Nick Shore and UND's Forbot, but you got to keep Mersch. Hardly seems fair.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

A whole bunch of TV dates have been released.

Here's an article specifically regarding BTN. (They also updated that awesome video so that it says "Puck Drops October 10th" instead of "coming next year.")

I don't really know how these things work, so I'll ask - what should I expect as far as filling in more TV slots, whether nationally, regionally, or locally?

Edit: From the BTN article - "At 7:30 p.m. on Oct. 11, prior to the season opener between Penn State and Army, BTN will air a 30-minute Big Ten Hockey Preview Show to highlight the season’s key storylines, players and matchups. " I would totally watch that if I weren't going to be in the Kohl Center at that time. I hope they'll put it online later.
                            Last edited by WiscDC; 09-16-2013, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Ok, so, here's the deal. Wisconsin's national TV schedule looks similar to last season. The difference is the 13 home games that were shown by Fox Sports Wisconsin & FS Wisconsin plus. Those games are produced by Wisconsin Public Television. This current schedule doesn't have any of those games right now, but It sounds like there should be some added. How many, I don't know.

Comment

Ok, so, here's the deal. Wisconsin's national TV schedule looks similar to last season. The difference is the 13 home games that were shown by Fox Sports Wisconsin & FS Wisconsin plus. Those games are produced by Wisconsin Public Television. This current schedule doesn't have any of those games right now, but It sounds like there should be some added. How many, I don't know.
                                I sure hope so. Fox Sports is the go-to local/regional sports network (same with CSN or others in various places). I hope they're willing to travel a bit so we get more road games, but I'd rather have more home games on TV in the remaining slots than none at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X