Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

My tickets arrived today.
    "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Originally posted by Carter View Post
      My tickets arrived today.
      And we're now just one month away!

Comment

We've still got a few weeks before the real hockey starts, so I wanted to share this - an official Crease Creatures twitter account. They've already had UWGratefulRed for a while now. In addition, they've made lots of efforts with the basketball student section - trying split and full season ticket packages and a couple versions of pretty comprehensive rewards program are what they've done in my freshman and sophomore years here. At football games, they tell us when basketball student tickets go on sale, with that video of Ben Brust's buzzer-beater against Michigan last year. For hockey, they just say tickets are available and put up a picture of Kerdiles or someone. There's no rewards system or anything for hockey. Basically, it's what most of you have said - they take the hockey fans for granted. (I already sent them an email suggesting that they make it the Final Five championship team photo instead of a generic picture of a skating Kerdiles or Zengerle, who random students aren't familiar with, while those who already have tickets are.

To me, this seems like another small step towards the athletic department actually caring, even though it's not football.

Comment

Baby steps.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Saw an sneak peek interview Ben Worgull (Badger Nation Magazine) did with Eaves tonight as I usually write the season preview for them. Eaves says the initial plan is for Kerdiles to go back to center to start this season. So, it will be Zengerle, Kerdiles, Dahl and Meuer down the middle for now. I'm probably going to write up some line combinations based off of this, but what do you guys think?

Comment

Well, it helps balance out the lines, I guess. I thought Zengerle and Kerdiles could play well off each other, but I suppose we should see what happens before criticizing.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                Well, it helps balance out the lines, I guess. I thought Zengerle and Kerdiles could play well off each other, but I suppose we should see what happens before criticizing.
                To be fair, Eaves does note they understand how effective Kerdiles-Zengerle-Barnes were down the stretch, so they know they can go back to that at any time.

Comment

Who are the other options at center? Zengerle, Dahl, and Meuer have been there regularly, of course, but the remaining forwards (I think) have either played there sporadically or never at all while at UW. I've gotten a semi-okay idea of who has experience there vs. being strictly wingers, and who is more or less of a defensive liability/asset, but what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                    To be fair, Eaves does note they understand how effective Kerdiles-Zengerle-Barnes were down the stretch, so they know they can go back to that at any time.
                    I wonder where Zulinick figures in...2nd line? 3rd?
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                      Who are the other options at center? Zengerle, Dahl, and Meuer have been there regularly, of course, but the remaining forwards (I think) have either played there sporadically or never at all while at UW. I've gotten a semi-okay idea of who has experience there vs. being strictly wingers, and who is more or less of a defensive liability/asset, but what do you think?
                      Zulinick and Soleway are also very good centers. Young, but they will eventually play that position at Wisconsin. Eaves likes guys to start on the wing for a season or two before moving them to center. Craig Smith played on the wing for a year before going to center, Zengerle played on the wing for a year before moving to the middle, now Kerdiles. Zully and Soleway likely the same.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                        I wonder where Zulinick figures in...2nd line? 3rd?

Zulinick-Zengerle-Barnes
                        LaBate-Kerdiles-Mersch

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post

Zulinick-Zengerle-Barnes
                          LaBate-Kerdiles-Mersch
                          I was initially thinking that Besse may crack the top 6, but those two lines are hard to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post

Zulinick-Zengerle-Barnes
                            LaBate-Kerdiles-Mersch
                            solid!

...If this is how it pans out I hope Besse is on the 3rd line then, he's got too much talent to languish on the 4th line
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              solid!

...If this is how it pans out I hope Besse is on the 3rd line then, he's got too much talent to languish on the 4th line
                              With any luck, it'll work as well as when we put Skille and Street on the third line...

Comment

ZZB Line

Comment

Working...
                                X