Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

I don't think that it is any surprise that attendance started to fall when the team seemingly lost the ability to win OT games. Personally, no game is less fun than an OT loss or giving up a late 3rd period goal to lose the game. I dont think that is a style of play or a personnel issue, but is, in my viewpoint, a clear indication of poor in-game management by the coaching staff.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

I find that following Wisconsin Hockey and attending games at the Kohl Center is incredibly enjoyable. I find that newcomers enjoy it as well. Hooray!

Comment

I will continue to attend and enjoy the games. I would like UW to Reduce the price of parking and Shoot the Puck on the PW. I will miss the WCHA rivalries a lot.

Comment

• Red-white scrimmage will be in Eau Claire, October 5th

LINK
          Last edited by GBBadger14; 08-17-2013, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
            Red-white scrimmage will be in Eau Claire, October 5th

LINK
            And there's the twist...

Comment

I like this. I like this a lot. With Jefferson Dahl, and especially Jake McCabe, the team has ties to that town, and they'll get a chance to see them in action in person, which they otherwise wouldn't be able to do without a pretty long trip to Madison (or Minneapolis). It reminds me of the Washington Redskins holding training camp in Richmond this year. I see this as a good way to reach out to fans in other parts of the state. It's being hosted by (and will support) the Blugolds, which is nice, too.

Comment

• Is this something that they'd be able to invite recruits to? If so, this works out well as far as having all of those recruits in the Twin Cities area.

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
                  Is this something that they'd be able to invite recruits to? If so, this works out well as far as having all of those recruits in the Twin Cities area.
                  There really isn't much major difference in driving from the Twin Cities to or from either city.
                  Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                  dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                  wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                    There really isn't much major difference in driving from the Twin Cities to or from either city.
                    Either city? Are you referring to Eau Claire and Madison?

Comment

We've lost recruits from that area. Makes sense to try and have more presence there.

In addition, no one would care here and it might draw some interest there.

I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
                        LINK
                        I do love the location, but.....$15.00 for one 30 minute practice session, two 20 minute periods and autographs? Way to culitivate the fanbase. I understand proceeds go to UW Eau Claire hockey, but $15.00? A family of 4 is going to pay $60.00 for a practice/scrimmage? Wow. Is UW Eau Claire that hard up for money? I wouldn't pay more than $5.00 to see a scrimmage.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

LINK
                          $15????

Comment

Either city? Are you referring to Eau Claire and Madison?
                            Sorry, Madison and Eau Claire.
                            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

I believe I saw a retweet from Rob Andringa today that Ulvis Katlaps has died. I can't find it now, but will try...
                              St. Norbert College Green Knights
                              NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                              NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                              NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                              ---
                              SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                                I believe I saw a retweet from Rob Andringa today that Ulvis Katlaps has died. I can't find it now, but will try...
                                oh no!!!!!

I found a note on a message board but...I'm in disbelief...if this is true, salut Ulvis
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X