Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
    I've...never actually been there, only heard about it.
    Their old place was much better.

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Wisconsin just landed another big time recruit. Ryan Wagner from the Chicago Mission. It keeps getting better and better.

Comment

A tangential note: Wisconsin deputy athletic director and the guy most involved with hockey had been one of the finalists for the AD job at Rutgers. Mentioned here. Maybe they'll open up the search again. What a mess over there. Welcome to the B1G Ten!
        Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
        Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
        sigpic
        Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
        1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

The 2013 Wisconsin hockey ticket site is up.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Well that's confusing.

Mrs. EODS and I had our baby badger earlier this week, so I'll use sleep deprivation as my excuse.
            Congrats EODS! 18 or 19 years and your child can bring back some glory to the Crease Creatures!
            Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
            Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
            Originally posted by UWisco
            It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
              Congrats EODS! 18 or 19 years and your child can bring back some glory to the Crease Creatures!
              Or better yet, a recruit for Mark Johnson (or his successor).
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                Or better yet, a recruit for Mark Johnson (or his successor).
                I've been needing a new favorite player since Hilary Knight graduated so hurry it up already. Is she skating yet?
                Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                Originally posted by UWisco
                It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Andy Baggot wrote a follow-up to that article about attendance -

Badgers hockey fans sound off on declining attendance

Comment

If I'm understanding the site, full season tickets are only about $400-$500 each? Makes the attendance woes sting a little worse, in my opinion.

Comment

Andy Baggot wrote a follow-up to that article about attendance -

Badgers hockey fans sound off on declining attendance
                      All the issues come down to losing, all the complaints stem from the fact that going to the game isn't a good value. They can make attending a game a better value for everyone only by dropping the price and winning more games. Every other option trades one fans enjoyment for another fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                        All the issues come down to losing, all the complaints stem from the fact that going to the game isn't a good value. They can make attending a game a better value for everyone only by dropping the price and winning more games. Every other option trades one fans enjoyment for another fans.
                        I agree that price is the main driving force to the attendance decline. I'm a student so I don't need to pay to park, but I will in the future and $15 to park is just ridiculous. Why not give season ticket holders a large discount on parking? Also, I think that if they drop ticket prices, especially season ticket prices (student and non-student), the other minor complaints that people have will become obcelete because the price of admission is more affordable. I would love to become a regular season ticket holder after I graduate, but I think current prices are just too much, even for the die-hard fan I consider myself to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                          Winning is always the biggest factor in attendance changes in spectator sports. (Of course, fans of sports teams doing will for a long time act like their fan base is the best, forgetting times when their attendance was garbage, as they're subject to those fluctuations too.) There are other factors, too, that push attendance changes one way or another. From what I understand, it was all that Bill Wirtz did in addition to the losing that caused low attendance in Chicago. You can see when Wirtz died just by looking at this graph.

The article mentions 2006-07 had the highest average attendance (not including the Camp Randall Classic in 2010), as more people buy tickets in the wake of massive success. In my opinion, a little more could be done keeping fans informed on what's going on with the team. I seemed like most casual fans didn't have a clue how fast the Badgers were climbing the standings after the horrible start last year.

Lastly, Mark Johnson's name did not make nearly enough appearances in the comments!

Comment

For reference, I also talked about attendance issues during the season. Needless to say, the team played much, MUCH better than I expected down the stretch. Regardless, the attendance comments are still noteworthy, IMO. LINK

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                              If I'm understanding the site, full season tickets are only about $400-$500 each? Makes the attendance woes sting a little worse, in my opinion.
                              Actually $200 each for 10 games so two tickets is $400. $4 off of the face value of $24. Plus there is a $25 fee. But they raised the prices of the programs and didn't lower the outrageous parking cost of $15 per game. I normally park in the city ramp for $5.
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                                Actually $200 each for 10 games so two tickets is $400. $4 off of the face value of $24. Plus there is a $25 fee. But they raised the prices of the programs and didn't lower the outrageous parking cost of $15 per game. I normally park in the city ramp for $5.
                                I was thinking in terms of buying both packages plus the donations and fees. It seems like parking is a hot issue. At the U, there are many free or cheaper options for those willing to walk a bit. Is that not the case there? You pointed out one example for $5 which seems reasonable.

Comment

Working...
                                X