Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    This is the actual letter that I received today from the athletic department asking me to re-up my tickets. Soak this in Badger Hockey fans...

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/Lette_zps9842fc96.jpg******

It's not even on letterhead. It's on copy paper. It's not signed by anyone in particular.

I work in advertising/marketing and am responsible with how our company is presented to our customers and people who we'd like to be our customers.

I'd fire me if I ever sent out this travesty or represented our company in this low-class fashion.

This is what your athletic department thinks of hockey. Couldn't even bother with letterhead. I'm sure no one's surprised.
    Proof that Barry's People monitor this site. Most people got one with letterhead, color pictures, and free key chains.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Originally posted by burd View Post
      Proof that Barry's People monitor this site. Most people got one with letterhead, color pictures, and free key chains.

At certain giving levels, hookers & blow were sent to the home along with the letter.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        That letter looks like desperation. I sure hope the place isn't empty every night and they throw some incentives to put butts in the seats.

I got a canned phone message on Wednesday or so that used terms that made it sound like a collection call.

Something to the effect of...

"We haven't received payment for the amount owed on your account and if payment is not received by..."

Owed? I don't owe anything.

Comment

Came in an envelope with a red motion W on it.
          Is there anything left in this phocking city that doesn't have a red motion W on it?
          "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

This is the actual letter that I received today from the athletic department asking me to re-up my tickets. Soak this in Badger Hockey fans...

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/Lette_zps9842fc96.jpg******

It's not even on letterhead. It's on copy paper. It's not signed by anyone in particular.

I work in advertising/marketing and am responsible with how our company is presented to our customers and people who we'd like to be our customers.

I'd fire me if I ever sent out this travesty or represented our company in this low-class fashion.

This is what your athletic department thinks of hockey. Couldn't even bother with letterhead. I'm sure no one's surprised.
            wow, that really is pathetic.

I'll take the 80's and 90's w/Pat Richter at the helm over Alvarez any day. And I'll take winning UW Hockey over winning UW football no matter what. Having the AD transition into Nebraska-USC-Notre Dame-Michigan wannabe status has really turned me off. I realize I'm in the minority on that pov but there it is.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Figures..... I'm surprised it wasn't in courier.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter View Post
                Is there anything left in this phocking city that doesn't have a red motion W on it?
                Fieldhouse basketball floor?

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                wow, that really is pathetic.

I'll take the 80's and 90's w/Pat Richter at the helm over Alvarez any day.
                It helps when you have kids growing up playing the sport, with one becoming an All-American and future NHL'er. But Barry shouldn't be this clueless about a progrm that makes millions for the ath. dept. I've always wondered if Barry had some sort of animosity toward the hockey program because they overshadowed the football program in his first couple years of coaching.

Comment

They had to keep the writing low-profile so that CSC Event Staff wouldn't take it away.

Comment

Or the future Big Ten schools offshore outsourced the letters to a cheap overseas company the day the conference was announced, knowing they'd have to send a lot of those letters this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
                      The Field House has a big motion W!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                        The Field House has a big motion W!
                        Ha! That ain't right. That emblem was awesome and unique. It had the "tame" version of Bucky as opposed to "angry" Bucky. There was really no reason to change that. I guess it's Barry, just being Barry, by forcing his "creation" down our throats.

Comment

Ha! That ain't right. That emblem was awesome and unique. It had the "tame" version of Bucky as opposed to "angry" Bucky. There was really no reason to change that. I guess it's Barry, just being Barry, by forcing his "creation" down our throats.
                          Well, it's pretty much always just the volleyball court, but I looked at some photos from the women's basketball game there from this past year, and the volleyball markings were left there in addition to the essential basketball lines, so technically the current Field House basketball court has a red motion W, even though it was volleyball's motion W.

As for anything the University of Wisconsin sends out - if it has to do with the athletic department (including the band), it gets a motion W on the envelope, and if it's academic, it gets one of these -

*****https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/ed/UW-Madison_logo.svg/500px-UW-Madison_logo.svg.png******

Comment

Well, it's pretty much always just the volleyball court, but I looked at some photos from the women's basketball game there from this past year, and the volleyball markings were left there in addition to the essential basketball lines, so technically the current Field House basketball court has a red motion W, even though it was volleyball's motion W.

As for anything the University of Wisconsin sends out - if it has to do with the athletic department (including the band), it gets a motion W on the envelope, and if it's academic, it gets one of these -

*****https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/ed/UW-Madison_logo.svg/500px-UW-Madison_logo.svg.png******
                            Ahhhh, that makes more sense. I thought for volleyball they placed a vb court over the existing basketball court. Similar to how they have the basketball court over the ice surface at the Kohl Center. At least that's what I thought they did when I was in school. If volleyball is using the basketball court they would have to take that out and if women's basketball is still using it for games(didn't know that) I have no problem with it. Sorry Barry.
                            Last edited by sweatpants; 07-22-2013, 01:47 AM.

Comment

It helps when you have kids growing up playing the sport, with one becoming an All-American and future NHL'er. But Barry shouldn't be this clueless about a progrm that makes millions for the ath. dept. I've always wondered if Barry had some sort of animosity toward the hockey program because they overshadowed the football program in his first couple years of coaching.
                              you might be onto something here with Barry. In 1990 the hockey team wins the NCAA title and football sucked as it had for the prior 6-8 years (Mclain did have some nice years but not good enough to steal Hockey's thunder) so hockey was still on top. then in 92 they reach the title game again and football was still what, 5-6?

Barry worked at Notre Dame where hockey has ALWAYS been an afterthought and of course those hicks at Nebraska wouldn't know a hockey puck even if Al Mcinnis ripped a slap shot off Tom Osborne's forehead. So I bet Alvarez was shocked at the level of prestige afforded UW Hockey when he got there. He certainly stole their thunder in 1993. as football coach that was part of his job I suppose. As ATHLETIC DIRECTOR his job is to oversee ALL sports, and he shouldn't be playing favorites but he does.

as for Pat Richter, yes, Barry was an all-american player and that helped but I'd like to think that after being a VP at Oscar Mayer he had a better understanding of how to run the AD than Barry Alvarez has ever had.
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I don't understand why they have a deadline at all. I also don't understand why they don't have other discount packages (a "flex pack" type of thing) available for fans who want to go to several games, but not half or all of them.

Edit: To be clear, I mean a deadline this far before the beginning of the season. Once games start being played, you'd obviously have to change things. Student tickets don't have a deadline before the season starts.
                                When I was working to rearrange my seats before last season (4 for Friday, 4 for Saturday), I was told that the major reason for the advanced deadline is the time/expense of having the ticket packages printed, both for the constant information (game date, opponent, picture) and the variable information (specific seat location). I had the Saturday tickets moved to be the same seats as the Friday tickets, but it was later in the process. When we got the tickets, the Friday tickets looked normal, with clean crisp printing for the seat information; but the Saturday tickets looked like they had originally been printed with all of the constant information, but with a blank space left for the seat information and were run through some large format printer to fill that information later.

I'm not saying that I agree with the ticketing process or policies, but there is a valid reason for needing confirmation this far in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X