This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. XXVI: Make him an offer he can't refuse

******* width="640" height="360">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SeldwfOwuL8?version=3&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SeldwfOwuL8?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">

2013 Recruits:

Grant Besse -- F -- Benilde-St. Margaret's High School
    Aidan Cavallini -- F -- Brookings Blizzard (NAHL)
    Tim Davison -- D -- Chicago Steel (USHL)
    Gabe Grunwald -- G -- Georgetown Raiders (OJHL)
    Corbin McGuire -- F -- Jersey Hitmen (EJHL)
    Jedd Soleway -- F -- Penticton Vees (BCHL)

2014 Recruits:

Keegan Ford -- D -- Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL)
    Jake Linhart -- D -- Green Bay Gamblers (USHL)
    Peter Tischke -- D -- Chicago Mission U18

2015 Recruits:

Matt Berkovitz -- D -- Ashwaubenon High School
    Christian Dvorak -- F -- Chicago Mission U18
    Seamus Malone -- F -- Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL)

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. XXVI: Make him an offer he can't refuse

Nice title.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      Nice title.
      Love the title.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

When is the last time Sconi had the USHL player of the year coming into their program?
        MN domination over Becky continues in the BTHC.
        Everyone says how great Eaves is, but when will he learn to recruit?
        Last edited by RinkPig; 05-15-2013, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
          To put it more nicely, how much of a role did Osiecki play in recruiting the NHL names uw fans fall back on, and are the days of ridiculous D corps over?

Comment

When is the last time Sconi had the USHL player of the year coming into their program?
            Badgers are totally screwed now, they won't have the USHL player of the year. Close the doors, fire the workers, let all the players transfer; it's over.
            Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
            Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
            Originally posted by UWisco
            It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Good question. Most UW fans have various issues with Eaves' recruiting, you're not gonna get a stampede of Eaves defenders to attack you, which of course is exactly what you want.

Oz was a huge cog in the recruiting machine, and UW has missed him since he left.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280
                You talk like there are more than a dozen or so UW Hockey fans out there who actually follow recruiting and are more than just casual spectators of the team. Pretty cute

I think it would be a great idea for UW to create some fan education videos to put on the program's page of the UW athletics site. My suggestion for the first video would be an explanation of delayed penalties.

"No, you can't gain possession and score when the opponent's goalie goes to the bench on a delayed penalty for an extra attacker, but we love the enthusiasm and your supreme dancing and cheering skills!"
                Silly Trolls. Nice try getting us riled up. You can now head back down to your mommy's basement.
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  Good question. Most UW fans have various issues with Eaves' recruiting, you're not gonna get a stampede of Eaves defenders to attack you, which of course is exactly what you want.

Oz was a huge cog in the recruiting machine, and UW has missed him since he left.
                  We've had some pretty good defenders show up since Oz left, but I'm trying to think which of them might have still been recruited by him before he left.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    We've had some pretty good defenders show up since Oz left, but I'm trying to think which of them might have still been recruited by him before he left.
                    Heisenberg's site can probably give a decent idea. You'd have to let me know what you think of this list, but these don't look like first and second round picks. D recruits with commitment dates (based on the site so some dates can be off) after Osiecki was hired at OSU:
                    Davison - 9/5/10
                    Daly - 1/8/11
                    Linhart - 9/26/11
                    Wittchow - 12/9/11
                    Tischke - 5/16/12
                    Ford - 9/9/12
                    Berkovitz - 10/2/12

Comment

to our little rat friends who are so obsessed with UW hockey despite being from the alleged "State of Hockey"

go get your ****ing shineboxes rats (public service announcement: this is only meant for Rinkpig and Jdubbs)

Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                        Heisenberg's site can probably give a decent idea. You'd have to let me know what you think of this list, but these don't look like first and second round picks. D recruits with commitment dates (based on the site so some dates can be off) after Osiecki was hired at OSU:
                        Davison - 9/5/10
                        Daly - 1/8/11
                        Linhart - 9/26/11
                        Wittchow - 12/9/11
                        Tischke - 5/16/12
                        Ford - 9/9/12
                        Berkovitz - 10/2/12
                        Some pretty darn good hockey players in this list. Forgot Kevin Schulze, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                          I like Wittchow and Tischke, who I think will be above average players in college hockey. The rest of that list doesn't do anything for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                            Yup, it looks like the timing of the commitment for Schulze made him miss Heisenberg's site. When I mention first and second round picks, the story really turns to how crazy it was to have that many on one squad a few years ago. Unfortunately, I feel like non-CHL picks in those rounds are decreasing. I haven't looked into stats on it, though.

Comment

Barry killed The best hockey conference in the world. Thanks buddy!

Comment

Working...
                              X