College Hockey Webcast All-Access Pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Hockey Webcast All-Access Pass

Is there currently any discussion of creating a sort of college hockey webcast all-access pass which would enable a buyer to view every team's internet game webcasts? It seems nearly every program now webcasts its home games live but unfortunately different schools webcast through different services (e.g., CBS, AmericaOne, UStream) which typically charge moderate per-game or high per-team/season fees. If I could through a single, one-time purchase gain access to all college hockey webcasts, I would buy that package instead of NHL Center Ice (assuming a similar price) and suspect many others would too. Obviously it'd be a win for the fans but I think it could also benefit the programs by supplying each game with far more viewers to sell to advertisers. Note I understand many schools likely already have contracts with the services through which they webcast games and I'm not suggesting they break those and move to a common platform; I'm suggesting a single fee for a single set of credentials to access all the various services. I think if College Hockey Inc. could accomplish this it'd enhance the organization's stature infinitely. If a conference were able to do it I'd consider buying (depending on the conference and the price). The status quo is a mess and a wasted opportunity

Re: College Hockey Webcast All-Access Pass

Originally posted by Meehan Popcorn Guy View Post
    Is there currently any discussion of creating a sort of college hockey webcast all-access pass which would enable a buyer to view every team's internet game webcasts? It seems nearly every program now webcasts its home games live but unfortunately different schools webcast through different services (e.g., CBS, AmericaOne, UStream) which typically charge moderate per-game or high per-team/season fees. If I could through a single, one-time purchase gain access to all college hockey webcasts, I would buy that package instead of NHL Center Ice (assuming a similar price) and suspect many others would too. Obviously it'd be a win for the fans but I think it could also benefit the programs by supplying each game with far more viewers to sell to advertisers. Note I understand many schools likely already have contracts with the services through which they webcast games and I'm not suggesting they break those and move to a common platform; I'm suggesting a single fee for a single set of credentials to access all the various services. I think if College Hockey Inc. could accomplish this it'd enhance the organization's stature infinitely. If a conference were able to do it I'd consider buying (depending on the conference and the price). The status quo is a mess and a wasted opportunity
    They better not be changing the way RPI-TV does it...

Comment

I don't want to change the way anybody does it, I just want to get all the games in one package.

Comment

Originally posted by Meehan Popcorn Guy View Post
        I don't want to change the way anybody does it, I just want to get all the games in one package.
        Because of the way contracts work, you can't have one without the other.

Comment

Working...
        X