Changes at Michigan???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes at Michigan???

CBC's Hockey Night in Canada's Hot Stove feature mentioned the possibility of Detroit Red Wings HC Mike Babcock becoming Michigan's next hockey coach. The routine denials from Babcock, but an interesting tidbit in the days prior to the coach's convention in Florida next week. This season Babcock has been taking some heat and there are changes coming to Detroit's front office as Jim Nill will be the next GM in Dallas taking over for Joe Nieuwendyk. It's probably nothing, but HNIC doesn't general float wild speculation.

Re: Changes at Michigan???

It's a fun rumor, being recycled from last summer I believe.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Probably the rumors were added to by the times Mike came to games at Yost. Which he did a lot during the lock out.

The thing is, his daughter goes to school at UM.

Comment

Sweet new thread with a great title.

Comment

Michigan would be an ideal place for Mike Babcock to wind up his coaching career, just like Red. I'm not sure Red is ready to retire, but the Wolverine Nation is getting anxious as the losses added up this past season. Michigan is in the envious position of recruiting a year ahead of most of the rest of D1 hockey with the USA Hockey Development Program right down the street. They are usually just about done with
          their incoming class for two years from now right about the time other college programs are signing players for next season. That's quite an advantage and makes life easy for the staff!

Comment

One losing season, and you get sacked, eh? I thought this wasn't the football team.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              One losing season, and you get sacked, eh? I thought this wasn't the football team.
              Compare to one and done in regionals and you get sacked at DU.

Comment

Originally posted by FRICKER View Post
                Michigan would be an ideal place for Mike Babcock to wind up his coaching career, just like Red. I'm not sure Red is ready to retire, but the Wolverine Nation is getting anxious as the losses added up this past season. Michigan is in the envious position of recruiting a year ahead of most of the rest of D1 hockey with the USA Hockey Development Program right down the street. They are usually just about done with
                their incoming class for two years from now right about the time other college programs are signing players for next season. That's quite an advantage and makes life easy for the staff!
                Even though Red earns one of the top paychecks in college hockey, he's still a couple million a year behind Babcock's ticket.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

This is an old bit that has been circulating for two seasons. Dreger is to CBC as Andy Cohen is to Bravo.

Comment

Originally posted by FRICKER View Post
                    Who was the last player that committed to Michigan after he started playing in Ann Arbor at the NTDP? Kevin Clare? Huge advantage there...

EDIT: I guess the goalies they've gotten from there, but not much of an advantage there.
                    Last edited by MaizeRage; 04-28-2013, 01:27 PM.
                    Originally posted by dicaslover
                    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                    X