• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU 2013 Offseason Thread - Bring on the Mighty Quinn

Fine, I'll set it up myself.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Re: BU 2013 Offseason Thread - Bring on the Mighty Quinn

Two quality tidbits:

This from an interview with Jim Montgomery. (Bitter much? I love it.)

CHN: Everyone remembers the 1993 national championship (Maine went 42-1-2 and the NCAA chose to allow Maine to keep its championship, after a review of a number of issues), but of course there was that one game that you guys lost to BU. How much do you think about that game compared to the high of just winning the championship in general?

Montgomery: All the time. We were up 6-2, pounding them, they weren't even in the game. The problem was, we wanted to win 12-2. It was a lesson that was very valuable for us to learn. And they scored three goals off shinpads and skates. Personally, it haunts us. But every season, all that matters is if you win that last game.

And this: http://tvasports.ca/videos/video-dra...heoGHU.twitter

Cisse!! We aren't on Comm Ave anymore.
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      Two quality tidbits:

This from an interview with Jim Montgomery. (Bitter much? I love it.)

CHN: Everyone remembers the 1993 national championship (Maine went 42-1-2 and the NCAA chose to allow Maine to keep its championship, after a review of a number of issues), but of course there was that one game that you guys lost to BU. How much do you think about that game compared to the high of just winning the championship in general?

Montgomery: All the time. We were up 6-2, pounding them, they weren't even in the game. The problem was, we wanted to win 12-2. It was a lesson that was very valuable for us to learn. And they scored three goals off shinpads and skates. Personally, it haunts us. But every season, all that matters is if you win that last game.
      Prendergast scores the OT GWG. He also had a late third period GWG vs. Maine the previous season.

More memorable and milestone goals
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Mookie was thinking of using some "diving into the unknown" variant, but he starts too many threads.

Had to laugh at Monty with "guys tease....". Tease my ***. You ****ing cheated!! Should be lucky the spineless NCAA didn't asterisk you title dammit
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
          Fine, I'll set it up myself.
          You did good, kid.

Bugs Bunny - 96
          Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Come all without, come all within
            You'll not see nothin' like the mighty Quinn
            Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
              I wanted to include the whole last line in the thread title, but I thought that would become tedious....plus I would have used the wrong words "You ain't seen nothing...". So, good thing that I didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                Prendergast scores the OT GWG. He also had a late third period GWG vs. Maine the previous season.

All Prendergast did was know how to bury a puck, a rare quality it seems these days in general

Comment

frozen fenway vs maine confirmed
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    mookie would prefer they hold this in october. thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

- That second link remains the best example of how in the old days, the WHOLE crowd would really get into the games. After that goal, you couldn't tell which section was the student section, because, as the cameras show, every section was jumping up and down.
                      - The context helps explain why that was so memorable. BU lost 12 players (I believe 7 seniors and 5 to the NHL or Olympics) from the team that lost in the NCAA title game the year before. Names like McEachern, Amonte, Tkachuk, Lachance, Tomlinson, vonStefinelli, Ronan. So there was huge freshman class (who would go on to win the title as seniors), and we weren't sure what to expect. The team started off 4-0, but had the vaunted #1 Black Bears coming into WBA, so this was to be the true test. BU blew a 4-2 lead (maybe even 4-1), and then took a penalty in the last 2 minutes. It almost seemed a certainly that Maine would score, as they had all the momentum. Then Prendergast scored the biggest of his 19 goals as a freshman, and pandemonium...

As Bob Norton alludes to at the end of the other highlight, later in that '91-'92 season, BU was at Alfond, trailing 4-0. They came back to tie the game, which was a very big deal, since Maine was unstoppable at home (hence the 50-game unbeaten streak snapped in the 7-6 win).

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        League game or OOC?

Comment

is nieto leaving free up money to get that kid that decommitted from maine? or is he looking to come next year? mookie ain't sure

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          League game or OOC?
                          league think.

i heard the nov home game vs maine that was on the hea schedule has been removed.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
                            I thought this was the "song association" thread.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

league think.

i heard the nov home game vs maine that was on the hea schedule has been removed.
                              Is that good or bad? I don't know... maybe it doesn't matter.

Comment

Working...
                              X