X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013 Offseason Thread - Bring on the Mighty Quinn

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    Two small nuggets related to BU Hockey, and perhaps slightly related to each other:

- On NESN's "Behind the B" show that combines back office discussions about having to dump Ferrence and Seguin with following Louie Eriksson around as he looks for a new apartment and Lucic around Vancouver with his baby girl, they had footage of their development camp. They focused in on two prospects including Grzyleck. They had footage of the summary conversation with him. Frankly it sounded as if they weren't thrilled with his conditioning, as Don Sweeney said something about fitness and nutrition and that he needs to stick to a regimen. Anyone else watch it and have a similar take?
    I got a similar vibe from how the Bruins felt about Grzelyck. It's bad in that they aren't thrilled with his conditioning but it's good in that he will be here for 3-4 years for sure based off of that conversation. Hopefully all 4.
    GO BU

Comment

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
      I got a similar vibe from how the Bruins felt about Grzelyck. It's bad in that they aren't thrilled with his conditioning but it's good in that he will be here for 3-4 years for sure based off of that conversation. Hopefully all 4.
      I saw that. Without Boyle, it is not the same off ice. New guy, Anthony is outstanding so I would bet it will be fine++

strange though that a us natl kid and BU player would have that conversation. You would expect it from certain Canadian regions

Great kid who will take the conversation to heart and make it a positive

Comment

This whole youth hockey thing is a door to figuring out what ex-Maine Black Bears are doing. Trevor Roenick coaches his son on the 04 Elite team in my sons program. Tim Lovell apparently runs the whole Boston Advantage program. And then at one of my sons games yesterday, who asks me in the hallway what color we'll be wearing so he can have his team wear the appropriate home/away, but former Hobey Baker winner Scott Pellerin. His daughter was on the Vipers team he coached.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

so, anyone else get their foh letter today asking for money????
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            so, anyone else get their foh letter today asking for money????
            I did... Was there something surprising about it that I missed?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
              I did... Was there something surprising about it that I missed?
              missing?

ummm. the use of articles in sentences.... "...to help us in our quest for national championship." "with your thoughtful support, we will enjoy terrific year."

punctuation would be nice. in places.

there was a lot missed.
              CGS profs would be returning this with a big F

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                missing?

ummm. the use of articles in sentences.... "...to help us in our quest for national championship." "with your thoughtful support, we will enjoy terrific year."

there was a lot missed.
                I guess Jack was an avid proof-reader! Who knew?
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

missing?

there was a lot missed.
                  Nonsense, you get at least a C-minus for the effort to turn it in.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    Nonsense, you get at least a C-minus for the effort to turn it in.
                    If only they knew who to give the C- to, because you forgot to add your name. If you'd have done that, it'd totally be a B.

Comment

missing?

there was a lot missed.
                      Classic!
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

missing?

there was a lot missed.
                        Can anyone explain the new giving levels. What happened to the pre-game meal in the FoH room? The letter gave levels but no clear explanation.

Comment

missing?

there was a lot missed.
                          That is pretty funny... I just quickly scanned saw something about how the guys were excercising 4 days a week etc etc.... (should that be something we are impressed by?)

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                            That is pretty funny... I just quickly scanned saw something about how the guys were excercising 4 days a week etc etc.... (should that be something we are impressed by?)
                            At 6 AM! Two years ago they were still drinking at 6 AM four days a week.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

The levels are dumb too
                              You can give at either 2500 or 5000 - and there is no difference in benefits (other than you get/earn more pts so you can go to Philly and see the boys win "a" national championship )

The 150/300/500 (can't recall exact $) earn one the same crap too.

This program (loyalty crap) is poorly run. Mookie is one mailing lists for mc/PC/Umass and get constant emails an mailing about events, outings, opportunities to give. Good ole bu though just expects you to fork it over on your own,

Mookie refuses to help those who don't help themselves!

For the first Quinn "letter" to go out like that ... Well someone should be ****ing fired.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

For the first Quinn "letter" to go out like that ... Well someone should be ****ing fired.
                                And there it is! The season hasn't even started yet and we are already calling for his head!

Comment

Working...
                                X