This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    Do coaches make a great difference in hockey (NHL, that is). Did Scotty Bowman win so many Stanley Cups because he was a better coach than everyone else? Or, did he just have better players?
    Players play.
    Coaches never score one td. One run. One basket. One goal.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Re: BU 2013 Offseason Thread - Bring on the Mighty Quinn

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
      Does Parker keep an office? If so, would it be at Agganis- or somewhere else? Will he have any involvement with the current team, recruiting, etc.? Is he likely to attend some/most/none of the games? Where does he sit? Will he complain about the concessions?
      Keep an office, yes, likely in SMG as stated. Involvement in the team, etc., he said at his press conference, no. He won't be at practices, he won't be peering over Quinn's shoulder or anything. He was very explicit that he doesn't want to cast a shadow or be in the way. Surely, he'll be nearby to chat if necessary, but he seemed very intent on removing himself from the operations of the program. By NCAA rule, he cannot recruit once his contract as head coach formally expires. All he said he was going to do was go to the games and sit with his grandchildren in their box. Whether or not he'll bring his knock the goal off its pegs pocket switch remains to be seen.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Per Twitter, Roberto committed to BU today. Didn't say what year.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          USHR twitter says this fall. I hope it works out for him.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            *****http://i42.tinypic.com/2956dd4.jpg******

"Bobby! It's me, your daddy, Roberto! You know, I saw you on the NESN and how you was going to the NHL!"

"I'm not going to the NHL. I'm going to go to school and graduate."

"To hell with school, dopey! Take the money! Then we can be partners! Just like that Tiger Woods and his daddy!"
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
              What has Mike Bavis done, or failed to do, to justify that kind of remark?
              Nothing, I just heard so many fans complain about him, it was ridiculous. He's an assistant coach! Who cares what happens as long as he isn't getting the team in trouble off the ice.
              Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

"AnonymousApril 29, 2013 at 8:53 AM
                I've heard that Parker has refused to give up his office for the new coach Quinn. Can nayone confirm this?"

saw this over on tbhb in comments. bc troll? i can't even begin to believe this is accurate...

Comment

I see Nick Roberto has committed to BU.
                  It appears defenseman Jack Faso (committed 4/22) has gone missing from the BU Hockey Fans Blog, but is still listed on Heisenberg's 2013 List. Anything up with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                    I see Nick Roberto has committed to BU.
                    It appears defenseman Jack Faso (committed 4/22) has gone missing from the BU Hockey Fans Blog, but is still listed on Heisenberg's 2013 List. Anything up with that?
                    From what I hear, Faso is attending BU. Whether or not he'll be on the hockey team is another question. If he were to make it, it would be as a walk-on.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Yeah seems like we have plenty of depth on D already so it would be an uphill climb for him. 9 on the roster as of now(Noonan,Privitera, Grzelcyk, MacGregor, Oksanen, Somerby, MacAfee,Ronan,Ryan)
                      GO BU

Comment

I believe BU is looking to add another forward as the roster now has 14. It'll be a very young group with just two seniors and two juniors. Tommy Kelley who had been listed as 2013 or 2014 will be in the 2013 class.
                        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
                          Yeah seems like we have plenty of depth on D already so it would be an uphill climb for him. 9 on the roster as of now(Noonan,Privitera, Grzelcyk, MacGregor, Oksanen, Somerby, MacAfee,Ronan,Ryan)
                          Interesting how fast things can change.
                          Privitera apparently returning (and his brother coming) and Noonan coming back for his senior year. If that hadn't happened, Grzelcyk, Oksanen and MacGregor would have been the only returnees on the blueline (I consider Ronan a winger who only plays in an emergency).
                          Somerby and MacAfee are recruits; Ryan a walk-on. And apparently Faso, who I've heard can play.

You can't have too much depth, as last season proved. Now if there are no midseason departures, BU looks to be in good shape for Quinn's maiden voyage.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            "AnonymousApril 29, 2013 at 8:53 AM
                            I've heard that Parker has refused to give up his office for the new coach Quinn. Can nayone confirm this?"

saw this over on tbhb in comments. bc troll? i can't even begin to believe this is accurate...
                            What would common sense tell you?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              What would common sense tell you?
                              Someone shoulda retired a while ago

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                                Interesting how fast things can change.
                                Privitera apparently returning
                                Has this been confirmed? i assumed Parker was going to allow the new coach to decide his fate.

Comment

Working...
                                X