This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013 Offseason Thread - Bring on the Mighty Quinn

Well this is certainly news to Mookie!!!!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Since I've never done it before, is the Terrier TV yearly subscription the thing all of you (and me now) displaced fans use to watch the home games streaming on the internet? And have they improved the quality of the stream at all?
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Agganis View Post

Bump
        Bump
        Go BU!

Comment

I needed a good laugh, thanks guys!

Comment

and one of the reasons i know that tweet is complete, utter garbage is that bob hohler of the globe has had no problem over the years writing negative stories about BC athletics. york threatening kids, saying they would be in trouble too if they talked? ya, that's believable! YAWN.

Comment

yawwwwwwn... denial is not just a river in egypt

Comment

No worries, mook. I've never denied they must have done something incredibly stupid out there. The rest of that hogwash? Too funny.

Comment

i have to admit, the thought that bc got the sox to the table to get the globe to squash the story is rather funny!

Comment

Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      What other research could possibly be done??? It's all there...a block of text that anybody could have typed up and no sourcing
                      seems legit to me
                      Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      Isn't the point of it the biggest coverups in college sports? FWIW, the story I heard when it happened was pretty consistent with the tweet. I hope it doesn't tarnish York's legacy as every team in hockey east has had some bad apples. It probably makes the Globe look worse than anyone else involved.
                      Ha, you can believe whatever you want to believe, champ. It's a free country. And FWIW, I never questioned the bad apples part. Just the rest of the BS. If you believe this was the biggest or one of the biggest coverups in college sports, mookie trained you well. But sure, now that an anonymous tweet (from a BU related handle) comes out...that pretty much matches with what you allegedly heard when it happened. How convenient! Yet nobody on here was ever willing to put their rep on the line by saying what happened. It takes an anonymous, unsourced tweet to bring people like you out of the woodwork.
                      What sourcing do you want? Obviously if the news has barely traveled in over 5 years no member of the BC program is about to allow his name to be put to it. The info must’ve come from “someone close to the situation” but you would still be trying to dismiss it if it was stated as such, so I’m confused on what sourcing you are looking for.

If you looked you would see there is a name to the actual tweet, meanwhile we are here “putting our USCHO rep on the line” (whatever that means) using these anonymous names. So if someone put their USCHO handle behind it JD of USCHO.com’s Fan Forum would find the report of it more credible? Ok, I doubt that also.
                      and one of the reasons i know that tweet is complete, utter garbage is that bob hohler of the globe has had no problem over the years writing negative stories about BC athletics. york threatening kids, saying they would be in trouble too if they talked? ya, that's believable! YAWN.
                      The tweet doesn’t state specifically what went on between the Globe and BC, what if the Red Sox brought them to the table BC said look only internal people know what happened and we’re not talking so don’t bother asking. The Globe said fine, tried to reach out to other sources without BC’s knowledge, failed to get anywhere, because no one else knew anything, and BC never found out about it so were left with the impression the Globe heeded their advice. Would that not satisfy the details of the tweet without being “garbage.”

As for York threatening kids being unbelievable, something different happened this time as no other incident of this magnitude has ever remained silent like this, a threat from the coaching staff and/or President seems like one of the few things that would keep it silent. And when they are already involved in the cover up by suspending indefinitely instead of dismissing (which is one of the major details of this tweet none of which you have disputed, only auxiliary points which JD of USCHO.com’s Fan Forum doesn’t believe) their continued involvement seems quite plausible.

Finally, and this is not a Westfield State dig, but it is reasonable to suggest you are not in the inner circle of BC fans who would have knowledge about this from close to the team. If a BU associated individual was able to get this info one would assume a decent sized handful of BC fans do as well just obviously aren’t sharing. Every BC fan on this board besides you remains silent on this issue, much like when the Hayes story was first circulating and not yet common knowledge. They likely hope silence will make the story go away without them being put in a position to lie, while you admit to knowing nothing of what happened yet but have already posted double digit times on the subject stating that you don’t believe it, because you hope others will agree with your -admittedly uninformed- line of thinking. Listen to the silence, JD of USCHO.com’s Fan Forum.

Comment

2 Minutes for Embellishment

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post

Bump
                          OK, so what's scandal 1A?
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

So you're saying BC guys pay for sex and BU guys rape for it?
                            Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Bump
                              OK, so what's scandal 1A?
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Agganis, I'm not about to play your little game. Continue to troll as hard as you want. Again, you can believe whatever you want to believe. Answer this for me though...do YOU believe every word of that tweet?

Comment

Working...
                                X