This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Frozen Fenway deadline is tomorrow for season ticket holders.... Very much on the fence for this one... Right now I kind of feel like I don't want to, but wondering if ill wish I had got them when jan comes....

Anyone going for sure?
    They'll be less than face value come January. Bet on it.
    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Re: BU 2013 Offseason Thread - Bring on the Mighty Quinn

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
      They'll be less than face value come January. Bet on it.
      Probably true.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        Frozen Fenway deadline is tomorrow for season ticket holders.... Very much on the fence for this one... Right now I kind of feel like I don't want to, but wondering if ill wish I had got them when jan comes....

Anyone going for sure?
        I passed, figuring if I get the urge I can always buy in the winter.

Out of curiosity how much did they charge you for each level? For BC it was $50 for lower level, $75 for upper.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
          I passed, figuring if I get the urge I can always buy in the winter.

Out of curiosity how much did they charge you for each level? For BC it was $50 for lower level, $75 for upper.
          Same, they're approaching ticket sales much differently than last time. Now that the schools' preorders are closing I expect Fenway will start selling the $20 and under tickets.

I will go, but I can't justify spending more than double or triple what a normal game costs to still have worse sightlines. Hopefully BU's allotment is on the third base side this time, as those are at least a slightly better angle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agganis

I will go, but I can't justify spending more than double or triple what a normal game costs to still have worse sightlines. Hopefully BU's allotment is on the third base side this time, as those are at least a slightly better angle.
            I hear what you are saying... At the same time though if I'm going I want the best seats possible... I can't see the point at all in going and sitting in the bleachers or somewhere in right field... Those seats would have to be god awful.

Are we the same night as the BC/ND game? Or are there two nights of this and the fist game eah night is a lesser matchup?

Comment

Are we the same night as the BC/ND game? Or are there two nights of this and the fist game eah night is a lesser matchup?
              BC-ND follows Providence-Merrimack the first weekend.
              BU-Maine follows NU-UML the second weekend.

Comment

I hear what you are saying... At the same time though if I'm going I want the best seats possible... I can't see the point at all in going and sitting in the bleachers or somewhere in right field... Those seats would have to be god awful.

I believe it is Lowell/NU before..I know it's not BC/ND but I will probably just wait and see what the prices right from Fenway come out at. Last time i got 15 dollar seats with a decent view up the first base line but maybe I just got lucky.
                GO BU

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                  BC-ND follows Providence-Merrimack the first weekend.
                  BU-Maine follows NU-UML the second weekend.
                  Yuck

Comment

Yeah it's personal preference, my $10 seats last time were worse than the $50 seats, but when neither are great and mine were still acceptable for everything besides along the near corner boards.

Also that BU wouldn't let you pick your tickets but just your area scared me away from that option. This isn't like the Garden where you more or less know what view you're getting when you send in a request form for balcony or loge. I need to know section and row info for this because all views in one price range are certainly not created equal.

Comment

Yuck
                      Very annoying. If I was coming to town I'd want to see both matchups. Probably won't have time or money to make the trip anyway though...
                      Boston University 2009 Champs
                      Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

RE: Gill. I thought the point of some of you posters taking long showers with the players in the locker room was to report back to the rest of us with an inside scoop as to who's leaving early before its announced in public. 'Cause if you're not going to pass along what you've heard, what other reason do you have for being in the shower?
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          RE: Gill. I thought the point of some of you posters taking long showers with the players in the locker room was to report back to the rest of us with an inside scoop as to who's leaving early before its announced in public. 'Cause if you're not going to pass along what you've heard, what other reason do you have for being in the shower?
                          Ha. Those posters (you know who you are) do it for personal pleasure... nothing else going for them.
                          Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 08-16-2013, 11:58 AM.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Good to see that you're enjoying your summer, Rover.
                            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

No Frozen Fenway for me. Once was enough.
                              Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

I truly believe that the outside games are a novelty. They are terrific for branding, marketing exposure, etc. Frozen Fenway is for the pink hats, to steal a term from the Red Sox. The hardcore hockey fans might hate that the views stink and the ice isn't as good, but some of them will still go. The ones that don't will be back at the local rink the next game. Until people stop going, the outdoor games will continue because they are a huge money maker.

Comment

Working...
                                X