X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013 Offseason Thread - Bring on the Mighty Quinn

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
    Agreed. Thought it was a pretty good article. i think the author's point is that despite nor hsving the same level of success as BC the past 15 years & the off-ice issues in recent years, BU still is a marquee program whose success is enhanced when its roster contains a good # of local talent.

The irony I find about this article is that when Quinn was hired as AC in 2004, he was lauded for hos connections & recruiting prowess in parts of N. America that BU hadn't mined deeply. Prior to Quinn BU was relying heavily on local talent whose pool had dwindled. In the years Quinn was an AC the program was barely recruiting in MA, as reflected in only 3 MA players on the roster 2 years ago.

Now that the pool of elite local talent seems to be rising again, BU should be primed to reload w/ some of the best locals. Between O'Regan, Grzelcyk, Kurker, Collier, Roberto, Somerby, then (hopefully) Eichel, Doherty, Carpenter & Donato, its good to see the elite MA talent committing to BU again.

Let's hope this translates into sustained on-ice success going fwd.
    Who's Doherty?

Comment

I didn't realize Mike Boyle was so far removed from the team's strength and conditioning. I did hear he was working with the Sox, but thought I read he'd also be sticking around campus.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
        Who's Doherty?
        My bad...Was talking about Teddy Doherty from BC when typing...I meant Jonathan MacLeod.

Comment

bump first time for BU on second page?? or was it the third page?

Comment

If you get Fox Sports Pacific, the second North Dakota game is on.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Lead story in the Sunday Globe Hockey section by Fluto Shinzawa: "Prospect Eichel seeks career development". A fairly long write-up. A few highlights:

-"Eichel projects to be an NHL center in the Mike Modano mold - powerful, speedy, skilled"
              -"Halifax drafted Eichel in the first round of the Quebec Major Junior draft. But the Mooseheads released his rights after Eichel informed them of his intentions to return to the NTDP in 2013 and play for BU in 2014. That did not stop Saint John from picking EIchel in the 10th round of the 2013 draft."

Interesting timing, as a group of us were just discussing yesterday the relative likelihoods of Eichel and Hanafin showing up on their respective ends of Comm Ave. Can't blame Saint John for taking a shot with a 10th round pick.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Haven't seen Eichel play. Have seen Hanafin. Talent wise, Hanafin has no need to go play in the Q. Unless finances are an issue, Hanafin should play one or two years at BC and go pro. I think Hanafin is better than Matheson now. Hopefully, Eichel can do the same at BU.

Comment

O'Regan had two goals, Grzelcyk had a goal, Lane played well in split-squad losses for USA in first day of National Junior Evaluation Camp in Lake Placid.

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....pionships-iihf
                  https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                  Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Sahir Gill is gone from BU. No reason yet known.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                      Sahir Gill is gone from BU. No reason yet known.
                      take fwiw but the freep has said he's not leaving, gill pinky swore a couple of days ago
                      Last edited by claver2010; 08-08-2013, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Here's his tweet:

Thank you to BU for the opportunity and lifetime of memories & friendships made. Honoured to be a Terrier, but excited for what lies ahead!

https://mobile.twitter.com/SahirGill28

Comment

• Originally posted by Parker Ranger View Post
                          Here's his tweet:

Thank you to BU for the opportunity and lifetime of memories & friendships made. Honoured to be a Terrier, but excited for what lies ahead!

https://mobile.twitter.com/SahirGill28
                          I don't have any inside information on the situation, but I'd have to guess Quinn told him that he doesn't project as a top 2 line player
                          So Sahir decided to go elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Yipper28 View Post
                            I don't have any inside information on the situation, but I'd have to guess Quinn told him that he doesn't project as a top 2 line player
                            So Sahir decided to go elsewhere
                            Why guess if you "don't have any inside information"?
                            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

Why guess if you "don't have any inside information"?
                              It's less than a secret that this was more of a mutual decision than Sahir Gil just wanting to turn pro.
                              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                                It's less than a secret that this was more of a mutual decision than Sahir Gil just wanting to turn pro.
                                It's less than a secret? It was announced a few hours ago. If it wasn't a secret, why have you been sitting on it? Glad I don't subscribe to College Hockey Rink Report.
                                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Working...
                                X