This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013 Offseason Thread - Bring on the Mighty Quinn

Potential to be a top 4 guy, provided he gets his anger issues under control.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Potential to be a top 4 guy, provided he gets his anger issues under control.
      Even with his 2 career major penalties (1 was stupid but not malicious, the other one of the most obvious examples of a player losing his temper on the ice I've ever seen) and 1.05 penalties per game you'd be hard pressed to find a team with 4 D better than him.

Comment

I know everyone is stunned by the news about Cory Monteith, but surely there is something BU related to discuss....

How about next season's most improved predictions. I'll go with Kurker, as he has set himself up nicely for that award
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

I agree on Kurker. He seemed to be getting up to speed in the 2nd half.
          Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
            I agree on Kurker. He seemed to be getting up to speed in the 2nd half.
            I think we'll know early on in the season whether Kurker will be a real good D1 player, or merely loose laundry.
            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

After reading about the incoming freshman players, it seems like they eventually will become good four year college hockey players.
              However, I worry that none have the ability to contribute much during their freshman season.

Comment

Originally posted by Yipper28 View Post
                After reading about the incoming freshman players, it seems like they eventually will become good four year college hockey players.
                However, I worry that none have the ability to contribute much during their freshman season.
                I think Collier has the chance to contribute right away as will Somerby. It may not be scoring necessarily but I think both will contribute from the get go. You need Hohmann/Rodrigues- like jumps from Kurker and Lane more so than the freshmen to contribute right away. I don't think anyone expected O'Regan to have the year he had as a freshman this time last year though so you never know.
                GO BU

Comment

• Originally posted by mpereira View Post
                  I think Collier has the chance to contribute right away as will Somerby. It may not be scoring necessarily but I think both will contribute from the get go. You need Hohmann/Rodrigues- like jumps from Kurker and Lane more so than the freshmen to contribute right away. I don't think anyone expected O'Regan to have the year he had as a freshman this time last year though so you never know.
                  I hope I'm wrong about Somerby, but any 6 foot 5" defenseman that was only drafted in the 5th round will have a very tough time catching up to the speed of hockey east during his freshman year. (see Tom Morrow)

Comment

Any expectations on D should be tempered. If they were "good" at this age they'd be in the NHL were many awful dmen currently reside.
                    We'll have good nights and bad nights.
                    Fwd are miles ahead of dmen where we sit and watch.

Accept
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
                      Lane was vastly improved over the last few games.
                      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Yipper28 View Post
                        I hope I'm wrong about Somerby, but any 6 foot 5" defenseman that was only drafted in the 5th round will have a very tough time catching up to the speed of hockey east during his freshman year. (see Tom Morrow)
                        Yeah he was drafted last year(2012) though. Who knows what round he would have gone this year? He is going to be your 4th dman at best which I think he can hold his own there.
                        GO BU

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Any expectations on D should be tempered. If they were "good" at this age they'd be in the NHL were many awful dmen currently reside.
                          We'll have good nights and bad nights.
                          Fwd are miles ahead of dmen where we sit and watch.

Accept
                          I think Quinn will breathe some fresh air into the program and as a whole they do a little better than we expect.

Let me revise that: I am hoping...
                          I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Coach Parker is throwing out the first pitch at tomorrow's Red Sox - Yankees game. The game will be televised nationally on ESPN. Not sure his pitch will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by pirate View Post
                              I think Quinn will breathe some fresh air into the program and as a whole they do a little better than we expect.

Let me revise that: I am hoping...
                              What do we expect?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Coach Parker is throwing out the first pitch at tomorrow's Red Sox - Yankees game. The game will be televised nationally on ESPN. Not sure his pitch will be.
                                Darn, I was offered tickets to this game and can't go.
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X