X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013 Offseason Thread - Bring on the Mighty Quinn

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Cutting up onions in Louganis Arena would make fanboy tears go up by 30%. Don't we have enough already?

(Fittingly this post will probably make Louganis cry. Ahahahahaha).
    We could always go with vidalia onions or purple onions... something that isn't as apt to make the eyes water!

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      We could always go with vidalia onions or purple onions... something that isn't as apt to make the eyes water!
      You win.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
        Just 3 from the 2013 recruit class taken a year ago, eight overall.
        ● Sam Kurker -2nd round-St. Louis
        ● Matt Grzelcyk 3rd round- Boston
        ● Sean Maguire 4th round-Pittsburgh
        ● Doyle Somerby 5th round-New York Islanders
        ● Robbie Baillargeon 5th round-Ottawa
        ● Danny O’Regan 5th round-San Jose
        ● Wes Myron 6th round -Vancouver
        ● Brendan Collier-7th round-Carolina
        If the 5th rounder coming in this year is as good as the 5th rounder from last years freshman class, I'll be content
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
          If the 5th rounder coming in this year is as good as the 5th rounder from last years freshman class, I'll be content
          Sorry

iCarly already learned us that he's overaged and not up to snuff of what bc gets.

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

As a New Yorker, I have to admit that Nathan's hot dogs are not my favorite. There is just a little to much seasoning going on in them for my liking.
            Back in the day, I loved Kahn's hot dogs served at Shea. Ball Park Franks and Fenway Franks are good, mild and meaty dogs. What usually ruins it for me in Boston is the yellow mustard.
            Please serve spicy brown mustard - it goes much better with the pretzels and the hot dogs.

Comment

Joe Sacco = Assistant Coach with Buffalo Sabres.
              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                Joe Sacco = Assistant Coach with Buffalo Sabres.
                Glad to see him land on his feet.

Comment

Anyone know if the u-18 team is coming to Agganis. I'm hoping to see eichel.

Comment

Originally posted by Yipper28 View Post
                    Anyone know if the u-18 team is coming to Agganis. I'm hoping to see eichel.
                    Good point. I have been to zero BU-U18 games. This year could be my first if there is one.

Comment

Looks like BU is picking up a transfer from Clarkson. J.D. Carrabino tweeted

Gonna miss the boys at CU. but looking forward to moving to Boston and playing for coach Quinn and the terriers the next 3 years
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Looks like BU is picking up a transfer from Clarkson. J.D. Carrabino tweeted

Gonna miss the boys at CU. but looking forward to moving to Boston and playing for coach Quinn and the terriers the next 3 years
                        Are you sad he's leaving? Potential?
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

JD Carrabino is from New Canaan, CT. Played jr hockey briefly for two organizations in USHL, but mostly for Springfield Pics (EJHL). Redshirted freshman year at Clarkson before playing in three games this season. You have five to play four so he'll have to sit out this season before having two years left unless he gets an NCAA waiver. Big kid, his stock has fallen since 2011, was considered for NHL Draft back then.
                          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                            JD Carrabino is from New Canaan, CT. Played jr hockey briefly for two organizations in USHL, but mostly for Springfield Pics (EJHL). Redshirted freshman year at Clarkson before playing in three games this season. You have five to play four so he'll have to sit out this season before having two years left unless he gets an NCAA waiver. Big kid, his stock has fallen since 2011, was considered for NHL Draft back then.
                            Does BU have many classic big defenders on the roster? I know they've developed the recent pattern of attacking defenseman, how are we stocked for big guys that eat up space and wingers?
                            I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by pirate View Post
                              Does BU have many classic big defenders on the roster? I know they've developed the recent pattern of attacking defenseman, how are we stocked for big guys that eat up space and wingers?
                              Doyle Somerby is a Marblehead native and played at Kimball Union for Mike Levine who just took job as assistant at Brown. Former Maine coach Tim Whitehead is their new coach. He's a big dman who was drafted last summer so he will be big and physical.
                              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by pirate View Post
                                Macgregor, oksanen and somerby are all in the 6 ft 4 range an will most likely be in the lineup. I know ahti isn't physical but at least we have size back there. However, I am very concerned about lack of foot speed on D

Comment

Working...
                                X