X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    Only the home ones, because:
    We really going to take everything I say in the most literal and annoying way possible?

Traveling for work sucks. College hockey assistants do not like the travel...comes with the territory, but it's not fun. Ask any (majority)assistant the worst part about his job and he will say long road trips and being away from his family.

Comment

• Re: BU 2013 Offseason Thread - Bring on the Mighty Quinn

I wonder if there will be any changes to the concessions next year? Personally I wouldn't mind them seeing changing the sliders over to a standard hamburger / cheeseburger option.... that might have less of tendency to dry out.

The beer selection could also use some tweaking also and for gosh sakes, lets hope they make sure the taps stay clean.

If memory serves me correctly, the beer selection is currently:

Budwesier
      Bud Light
      Harpoon IPA
      Harpoon Seasonal (Octoberfest, Winter Warmer, Celtic)
      Samuel Adams
      Anchor Steam

Was there a Sam seasonal? I feel as if I have forgotten one but I'm not sure?

Comment

Terrier Town was a great addition last year!

I was known to put back a BBQ Bacon and Cheddar Burger or two!

Not sure if Fried Oreo's will make the cut this year though. Those things are gross!

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        I wonder if there will be any changes to the concessions next year? Personally I wouldn't mind them seeing changing the sliders over to a standard hamburger / cheeseburger option.... that might have less of tendency to dry out.

The beer selection could also use some tweaking also and for gosh sakes, lets hope they make sure the taps stay clean.

If memory serves me correctly, the beer selection is currently:

Budwesier
        Bud Light
        Harpoon IPA
        Samuel Adams
        Anchor Steam

Comment

• Originally posted by dover4345 View Post
          If Mike Mottau wants to coach college hockey why not take the uconn job?

And I don't know how many times I have to say this---but any player in the NHL who is considered full time---400 plus games---u should be able to live comfortably after retirement...need I explain finance to u guys and how interest works? Bank two or three million---hire a decent financial advisor, and u will make more money doing nothing at all than u would being an assistant in college hockey?

If I am wrong---then please explain to me why there is not a single retired full time nhl player acting as a college assistant? Not one...why? I'm wrong roght?
          If there are none then clearly it has nothing to do with how much money any particular player made. You might want to chat with someone who does statistical modeling and get a few ideas on how one might identify variables that play a role in an outcome. Like I said, keep typing...you are a great witness.

You do realize that not all NHL players went to college in the US, correct?

How did your research on pension caps turn out?
          I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

What OOC game are people most looking forward to this year?

One I'm looking forward to is Bentley... seems like a team that I never would have imagined we would ever have on our schedule... I guess that is the reason I'm looking forward to it.
            is Holy Cross on the schedule this year? Were you looking forward to that one a few years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by dover4345 View Post
              We really going to take everything I say in the most literal and annoying way possible?
              *****http://cdn.styleforum.net/5/52/52e196e1_lighten_up_francis.jpeg******

Budwesier
              Bud Light
              Harpoon IPA
              Samuel Adams
              Anchor Steam

Sams Seasonal was there, as was Guinness in the back corner most games.

Comment

Rover's right. Three pages of this slog about assistant coaches. Enough.

Question: A friend of mine says Brandon Saad was almost a Terrier. True? I don't remember reading anything about that. Did he go Major Junior (I suppose I could look it up. ) Of course we all know Patrick Kane was almost a Terrier.
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

I"m pretty certain BU was interested in Saad, but IIRC, the only D1 school he seriously considered was Michigan, before signing with OHL Saginaw. Also recall reading that his brother, George, now at Penn State, had visited some Boston schools.
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                    If there are none then clearly it has nothing to do with how much money any particular player made. You might want to chat with someone who does statistical modeling and get a few ideas on how one might identify variables that play a role in an outcome. Like I said, keep typing...you are a great witness.

You do realize that not all NHL players went to college in the US, correct?

How did your research on pension caps turn out?
                    The reason I brought up the NHL pension was not to insinuate that players live off of those pensions as their main resource of money---but rather to define what a "full time" NHL player is. Full time by definition of the NHLPA means you need to have played 400 games. Once you play 400 games you qualify for the leagues pension. Players who have played 400+ games, if they were even remotely smart with their money, will not need to run around the country for 80K a year after retirement. Players who have played 400+ games recieve a pension and also have investments that accrue interest most likely trippling 80k...

Why do full-time NHL players not serve as college hockey assistants? It is because the pay is average and the workload is high. Why is that so hard to believe?

There are countless amounts of full-time NHL players, who have their degrees, that coach as assistants in pro hockey. Why do you think that is? It is because the job is only coaching. They do not have to worry about recruiting, travel etc...

Comment

Honestly, improvements to the beer selection at Agganis should be a secondary concern compared to keeping the taps clean. I'd be perfectly content with the Sam and Harpoon offerings if they didn't taste like the taps had never been cleaned ever. Getting some nice microbrews is pointless if the tap issue isn't fixed first.
                      #OneKnight

Comment

• Originally posted by dover4345 View Post
                        Players who have played 400+ games recieve a pension and also have investments that accrue interest most likely trippling 80k...
                        Interest? I would guess you have no idea what interest rates have been for the past few years...
                        Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

their 401k is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
                            Interest? I would guess you have no idea what interest rates have been for the past few years...
                            i'm just waiting for him to learn us why blacks can't swim. or asians can't drive.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Its been two weeks since I asked the question - where is the assistant coach announcement?
                              This is really taking longer than the HC search. Anyone know anything new?

Comment

Originally posted by Keystone View Post
                                Its been two weeks since I asked the question - where is the assistant coach announcement?
                                This is really taking longer than the HC search. Anyone know anything new?
                                Actually, it's only been 8 days. Why are you so concerned anyway? You act like someone is keeping something from you. Though I'm sure the UNH fan who has taken up residence in this thread who knows so much about BU's asistant coaching position than any BU person here and former NHLers and why they do or do not coach in the college ranks has the answer. You should direct your question to him.

**drive by posting*** Hi kids. Haven't been around in a while. Hope all is well!

Comment

Working...
                                X