• Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013 Offseason Thread - Bring on the Mighty Quinn

I would be shocked if he wasn't...

Comment

Originally posted by BUFan25 View Post
      I would be shocked if he wasn't...
      Two different people, a blogger and a reporter, have tweeted that he is staying at Harvard.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
        Two different people, a blogger and a reporter, have tweeted that he is staying at Harvard.
        you know... Albie brings in another class and donato lays an egg with that too - harvard could do worse dumping donato and letting albie run with it.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Any of these Igles (to use a Mookie term) going to leave early? Hayes, Arnold, Matheson, Johnny-penalty...Getting tired of their guys never turning pro early

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
            A couple things on a Thursday.

ASSOCIATE ICE HOCKEY COACH, Athletics

Salary
            Grade 74
            Professional/Administrative Positions*
            (Grades 71–82)

Grade Minimum Midpoint Maximum
            74 $42,530 $55,470 $68,340

Hmm...that's not a whole lot of cash. I'd have thought that line of work would pay off a bit more.
            Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by smyler3 View Post
              Professional/Administrative Positions*
              (Grades 71–82)

Grade Minimum Midpoint Maximum
              74 $42,530 $55,470 $68,340

Hmm...that's not a whole lot of cash. I'd have thought that line of work would pay off a bit more.
              BU being a private school, I'm sure they'd be willing to negotiate for the right coach. This is going to be Quinn's call for the most part, so if the guy he wants requires an extra $10K or something, he'll get it.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Johnny-penalty? Beyond lame...doesn't even make sense.

And rather than getting tired of bc guys sticking around, perhaps you should hope quinn recruits kids that actually care about where they are going to school, kids that wanna be at bu for a few years or *gasp* wanna stay and graduate, etc.

Comment

Have to believe whoever you hire will get at least the max listed there.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Johnny-penalty? Beyond lame...doesn't even make sense.

And rather than getting tired of bc guys sticking around, perhaps you should hope quinn recruits kids that actually care about where they are going to school, kids that wanna be at bu for a few years or *gasp* wanna stay and graduate, etc.
                    I can't imagine the Blackhawks are too thrilled that their under achieving first round pick is sticking around the heights for another season. 17 goals in 3 years for 1st rounder ... Yikes

Comment

What does that have to do with your initial point? And I haven't seen any indication that chicago is upset at hayes for returning for his senior year.

You won't get an argument from me on his goal scoring...he still needs to be more aggressive. That's more than a valid criticism. At the same time, he was a dominating player this year in terms of puck possession and setting others up.

Comment

What does that have to do with your initial point? And I haven't seen any indication that chicago is upset at hayes for returning for his senior year.

You won't get an argument from me on his goal scoring...he still needs to be more aggressive. That's more than a valid criticism. At the same time, he was a dominating player this year in terms of puck possession and setting others up.
                        My point is that when high end talent sticks around 4 years, it often means that player has underachieved. That has often worked out in BC's favor because the player finally gets it together by his senior year

Comment

Give me another example...

Comment

Give me another example...
                            How about Cross sticking around for his senior year and Kreider for his Jr. year. The two main reasons you won in 2012. Both stuck around because they underachieved the year before. Take nothing away from your success, but that's been a big part of it.

Comment

You said senior year, so take kreider out. And you said underachieving, so take cross out. He had a great junior year and the only question mark with him has been his health. My point to you is that every kid/situation is different. Yes, bc has benefited by guys staying longer than at other schools. You should hope quinn can do the same thing. There's no reason why he can't.

Comment

Obvious troll is obvious

Comment

Working...
                                X