X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

[QUOTE=THE OHIO STATE;5753616]
    Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
    You are overlooking one thing. Every hockey coach in the country is telling young kids...."You don't want to go to OSU, they fire coaches for no apparent reason. You should look elsewhere to be safe."

I disagree. A lot of players want to play in the BIG 10. Now that Ohio State is in the Big 10 that would be a huge selling point to the players that always wanted a shot at playing in it. What happens to players that commit and then the Head Coach quits or gets fired in a year or two , they can't just transfer to a different school because of the Coaching change.
    There are five other schools in the Big Ten that these players can choose who don't have issues firing successful coaches. We'll see what happens. Let's just all hope Rohlik has a great first year.

Comment

[QUOTE=osualum86;5753688]
      Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post

Let's just all hope Rohlik has a great first year.
      YES , I give my hockey BLESSING to the new Coaching staff. Go Bucks Go.
      " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by Arpod View Post
        It's easy to question a surprising (to fans) action such as the Oz firing when one does not know the whole story... there was a lot more to why he was let go than has or will be publically discussed. In the long run it will be the best path forward for all involved (Oz, tOSU, current and future players). He is in an environment (pro hockey) that is much more suitable to his style and approach to communication and coaching. tOSU players current and future have an outstanding coaching staff to move forward and develop with. It'll work out.
        As you all know..I am not a fan of Osiecki, never was.
        Arpod is right. We don't know the whole story about the Osiecki firing. Instead of questioning the administration about their actions, maybe we should be looking at Osiecki and how he let the team down. Something happened to get him fired. I'm sure he was surprised and shocked at his dismissal, but if he was fired unjustly, then I would think he'd defend himself. After all, his professional reputation was on the line.
        We heard nothing. We will probably never know.
        I thought this thread was about the upcoming season?

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
          Arpod is right. We don't know the whole story about the Osiecki firing. Instead of questioning the administration about their actions, maybe we should be looking at Osiecki and how he let the team down. Something happened to get him fired. I'm sure he was surprised and shocked at his dismissal, but if he was fired unjustly, then I would think he'd defend himself. After all, his professional reputation was on the line.
          Osiecki just led the team to its best finish in the CCHA in years, and made the CCHA Final Four at the Joe. How did he let the team down? As far as his professional reputation, well, I think his reputation is fine seeing as he obtained a position in the AHL less than three months after being dumped by OSU. Based on what's happened with our program recently with all the defections, I'd say the OSU hockey program's reputation was hurt a lot more than Osiecki's. Whether all the Osiecki-haters want to admit it or not, the rest of the college hockey world is using that to negatively recruit against us. As for the upcoming season, I sincerely hope Rohlik wins big as that will help him with recruiting next season.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
            Osiecki just led the team to its best finish in the CCHA in years, and made the CCHA Final Four at the Joe. How did he let the team down? As far as his professional reputation, well, I think his reputation is fine seeing as he obtained a position in the AHL less than three months after being dumped by OSU. Based on what's happened with our program recently with all the defections, I'd say the OSU hockey program's reputation was hurt a lot more than Osiecki's. Whether all the Osiecki-haters want to admit it or not, the rest of the college hockey world is using that to negatively recruit against us. As for the upcoming season, I sincerely hope Rohlik wins big as that will help him with recruiting next season.
            In this situation Gene Smith reminds me of some Vietnam era generals who said, "In order to save the village we had to destroy it."

Comment

nice report from the US World Junior camp.....

Collin Olson — G — After giving up three goals yesterday, Olson needed to have a bit better showing today and was great. He made some huge stops and looked so sound in his crease. He’s a big guy and uses his frame well, but he has enough athleticism to make that last-ditch save. It was an important performance for him today as he angles for a spot on the roster. Olson was the only goalie to finish a game unblemished over the last two days.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
                I know what happened now but I consider it a breach of trust to release details about it. Sorry guys!

Comment

So, who got or renewed their season tickets by the deadline?

Comment

Former OSU commit Cliff Watson goes to MTU

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
                      Former OSU commit Cliff Watson goes to MTU
                      Read about that on twitter last night. Unfortunately, I am no longer surprised by the defections.

Comment

ice is ready in the Schott.

*****http://i1239.***********.com/albums/ff502/Draighlicht/icescot.jpg******

Comment

ice is ready in the Schott.

*****http://i1239.***********.com/albums/ff502/Draighlicht/icescot.jpg******
                          Looks nice! I am ready for some Buckeye Hockey!

Comment

the new roster is up at the official site......

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...ockey-mtt.html

Comment

the new roster is up at the official site......

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...ockey-mtt.html
                              Perhaps I missed it, but where did Riley Simpson go?
                              Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

• http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....-hockey-jersey

Ohio State's new alternate jerseys are horrendous.
                                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Working...
                                X