Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
    he was scored on nine times in the last two games - I think I'd make a change.
    I believe if we go back and look, Tomkins gave up that many plus in the Miami and BG series.

Comment

Though Davis has done well you can tell he's not at the level Tomkins is and if Tomkins was healthy in net we may well have had the wins.

Comment

Is Dalrymple hurt or just a healthy scratch?

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGhost View Post
          I believe if we go back and look, Tomkins gave up that many plus in the Miami and BG series.
          They were looking to have Olson be the starter and when he fizzled they went with Tomkins who had to gain confidence in the net. He did and has been very solid since. Not realistic to hold the early season games against him as early on our D was a sieve and the past couple of series they've been pretty solid so you can't really critique one players early season performance without pointing the finger at everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGhost View Post
            Tomkins goals against came in his first two starts, Davis' goals against came in his fourth and fifth starts. He did well and I'm thankful he was on the roster, but he's a back-up goalie and not a starter.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
              if Tomkins was healthy in net we may well have had the wins.
              And if Devin Gardner converted a two point conversion, your football team wouldn't be undefeated.

Comment

Wondering aloud why we continue to have to wait weeks beyond the end of the signing period for any news about which recruits signed with us. It is an issue that has extended for as long as I can remember and has spanned the past three head coaches. I wonder if there is a constant in the department that doesnt give a **** if we get any news about the program.

Comment

Tomkins goals against came in his first two starts, Davis' goals against came in his fourth and fifth starts. He did well and I'm thankful he was on the roster, but he's a back-up goalie and not a starter.
                  well maybe this guy is...or maybe he is the new backup to Tomkins or something. Regardless, he is joining the team:

http://ushl-dubuque.stats.pointstrea...&seasonid=9358

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Buck View Post
                    well maybe this guy is...or maybe he is the new backup to Tomkins or something. Regardless, he is joining the team:

http://ushl-dubuque.stats.pointstrea...&seasonid=9358
                    When Is he joining the team now or in January?

Comment

• Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                      When Is he joining the team now or in January?
                      Later this month

http://www.dubuquefightingsaints.com/slideshow_story.php?sid=935

Comment

They were looking to have Olson be the starter and when he fizzled they went with Tomkins who had to gain confidence in the net. He did and has been very solid since. Not realistic to hold the early season games against him as early on our D was a sieve and the past couple of series they've been pretty solid so you can't really critique one players early season performance without pointing the finger at everyone.
                        I respect everyone's opinion, which is why I asked for your thoughts. My question now is that Tomkins has been out of net for so long, if he does come back, does that help us or hurt us going into B1G play when it really counts?

Comment

Though Davis has done well you can tell he's not at the level Tomkins is and if Tomkins was healthy in net we may well have had the wins.
                          You guys can say all you want about Davis, some have even laid the blame of *ichigan loss to him. That's nonsense. Penalty shot Friday night? Our goalies have not been tested in a shootout this season and this kid came thru for us.

How many rebounding opportunities did we give up in front of Nagelvoort and Racine this weekend with NO ONE in front of the net? Yet I hear no one complaining about offense. There is plenty of blame to go around, but it does NOT sit squarely on this kids shoulders.

Comment

Didn't Tomkins only play 4 games? Your logic is flawed. Tomkins was tested in Miami after Olsen ditched but he has not been tested in B1G play, which is where we need the experience and confidence in a goalie heading into the next few months.

Comment

I'm not going to be negative, but focus on the positive:

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Steve Rohlik, head coach of the Ohio State men's hockey team, announced the signing of five outstanding players to National Letters of Intent. Goalie Christian Frey is expected to enroll in Ohio State for spring semester and be eligible to play for the squad beginning with its series against Mercyhurst Dec. 28-29. Forwards Nick Jones, Luke Stork and Matthew Weis and defenseman Janik Möser are all expected to join the Ohio State program in Fall 2014.

"We are excited about adding these five student-athletes to our program," Steve Rohlik, in his first season as Ohio State's head coach, said. "We believe each has the skills and character necessary to strengthen and grow Buckeye hockey."

Christian Frey
                              G, 5-10, 180
                              Arlington, Texas
                              Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL)

In his second year with the Dubuque Fighting Saints in the United States Hockey League ... will skate with the team through its Dec. 14 contest ... has posted 2.08 goals-against average and. 918 save percentage, along with a 9-3-1 record, so far this year ... shutouts in each of his first two games of 2013-14 and won first seven games ... led the Saints to a bronze medal at the 2013 Junior Club World Cup in Omsk, Russia ... played for the Tri-City Storm to start 2012-13 and was 2-4-1, with a 3.73 goals-against average and .895 save percentage ... ended last season with Dubuque and was 7-2-2, notching a 2.54 goals-against average and .897 save percentage; squad won USHL Clark Cup ... split time with Tri-City and Des Moines in 2011-12; playing 15 games with Des Moines (3.15 gaa, .892 sv%) and two with Tri-City (2.41 gaa, .938 sv%) ... has 2.78 goals-against average and .903 save percentage, with a 22-16-4 record, in his USHL career.

Nick Jones
                              F, 5-11, 174
                              Edmonton, Alberta
                              Sherwood Park Crusaders (AJHL)
                              In second full year with the Sherwood Park Crusaders in the Alberta Junior Hockey League ... second on team and 10th in the AJHL with 32 points, including 15 goals (seven on the power play) and 17 assists, through first 23 games of 2013-14 ... played for Canada West in the 2013 World Junior A Challenge, posting three goals and five points to tie for second in scoring on the team as the squad reached semifinals ... skated in 48 regular-season games for the Crusaders in 2012-13 and had 24 points, including 11 goals and 13 assists ... also skated in eight postseason games in '13 ... came up through Knights of Columbus organization.

Janik Möser
                              D, 5-11, 181
                              Mannheim, Germany
                              Muskegon Lumberjacks (USHL)

In his first season in the United States Hockey League, skating for the Muskegon Lumberjacks ... six assists through the first 24 games ... Germany native and played for Jungadler Mannheim U18 in 2011-12 and 2012-13 ... 30 points in 33 games (12 goals, 18 assists) in his last year with the organization ... had 13 points in 32 games in 2011-12 ... played for Germany in the 2012 and 2013 World Under-18 Championships ... listed on NHL Central Scouting Preliminary 2014 North American Ones to Watch list.

Luke Stork
                              F, 6-0, 185
                              Pittsburgh, Pa.
                              Youngstown Phantoms (USHL)

In his second full season with the Youngstown Phantoms of the United States Hockey League ... has 11 points, including nine goals (five power-play tallies), through first 21 games of the season ... 30 points, with 12 goals and 18 assists, in 64 games in 2012-13 ... also saw action in nine postseason games as the Phantoms reached the USHL Eastern Conference semifinals ... skated in two games for Youngstown in 2011-12 ... listed on NHL Central Scouting Preliminary 2014 North American Ones to Watch list ... played in the Pittsburgh Hornets organization before moving on to the USHL.

Matthew Weis
                              F, 5-11, 186
                              Madison, N.J.
                              Green Bay Gamblers (USHL)

In his second season with the Green Bay Gamblers of the United States Hockey League ... has 14 points, with 10 assists in his first 12 games of 2013-14 ... 40 points, with 13 goals (seven power play, three gamewinners) and 27 assists, in 56 games in 2012-13 ... spent 2011-12 splitting time between the Corpus Christi IceRays in the NAHL and the Gamblers ... skated in 33 games for the Gamblers in 2011-12, posting six goals and nine assists ... played in 12 postseason games as the Gamblers won the 2012 Clark Cup Championship ... had 18 points in 25 games for the IceRays in 2011-12 ... played for Team USA Under-18 Team at the 2012 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament.

Comment

I thought Davis did a great job in the games he played. He did give up 3 soft goals in the 2 games against Michigan. I think we will see Tomkins play once he is healthy now the real question is who becomes the back up Davis or the Kid they are bringing in?
                                Last edited by klbaum1077; 12-05-2013, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X