Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    No mention of the penalty shot, which could have changed the complexion of the game at the time, but pretty accurate description. Also agree with Berenson's assessment on the PK and the giveways in the last five minutes that eventually led to the tying goal. I do take issue that Dzingel was the best player on the ice... JT Compher was every bit as effective and was named 1st star.

Comment

Good showing by the BUCKS. Not a win , but a good fight.
      " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Guess I'll have to recant the football remark, same difference in their game & ours - 1 point!

Comment

The boys did well and didn't collapse...they kept at it for a full 60 minutes and did not relent.

Can't wait until Monday at the Schott! #GoBucks

Comment

I'm watching the game on FS-WI. What were the students/band singing right after the faceoff? It was kinda cool.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
              I'm watching the game on FS-WI. What were the students/band singing right after the faceoff? It was kinda cool.
              They were asking Racine if he would be there girl!

Comment

I dont know which game was more disheartening. The character this team showed tonight was amazing. I really thought they handed Michigan their 2nd and 3rd goals with lazy play but give Michigan credit for going hard to the net as well. Tanner was great tonight again. This team is getting better now they have to take the next step and win a game like tonight or Friday. If they can play with the effort they had tonight for the entire season they will do well in this conference.

Comment

Wasn't it Tanner who was busy watching the battle for the puck in the corner and didn't notice his man coming into the open side of the net until it was too late and Michigan gets the winning goal?

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                    The lyrics are "We don't give a d*mn for the whole state of Michigan cause we're from O-hi-o"

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                      They were asking Racine if he would be there girl!
                      That was after the OSU goal, not the faceoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                        Wasn't it Tanner who was busy watching the battle for the puck in the corner and didn't notice his man coming into the open side of the net until it was too late and Michigan gets the winning goal?
                        Yes it was so other than that he played very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          That was after the OSU goal, not the faceoff.
                          ok i misunderstood what was asked.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                            Yes it was so other than that he played very well.
                            No argument here. But dang, so close and after such a phenomenal comeback to let it slip away.

Comment

I was at the game tonight and although we made a great comeback in the third period, we're still taking too many stupid penalties. I counted twice (maybe it was more) that we negated power plays by committing stupid, inexcusable penalties. We have to stop doing that if we are going to be successful. As others have alluded to, we fell asleep on a couple of Michigan's goals and let them get behind us in the paint for easy scores. Hopefully we'll get things corrected and make a nice run in the second half of the season. Clearly, the effort is there, we just need to play smarter.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                                I was at the game tonight and although we made a great comeback in the third period, we're still taking too many stupid penalties. I counted twice (maybe it was more) that we negated power plays by committing stupid, inexcusable penalties. We have to stop doing that if we are going to be successful. As others have alluded to, we fell asleep on a couple of Michigan's goals and let them get behind us in the paint for easy scores. Hopefully we'll get things corrected and make a nice run in the second half of the season. Clearly, the effort is there, we just need to play smarter.
                                Agreed. We need to stay out of the box, yet when we get cautious to try and stay out of the box, we're not nearly as aggressive on the ice (think Miami earlier in the season).

I'll take a tie to OT on Friday and tonight's loss as a learning experience for the team. *ichigan being ranked #3 and we held them for 60 minutes and did not give up. I must admit the second period was boring and felt we lost some momentum.

The third period was historic and electric. Our boys played with passion and tied the game.

This proves that when we show up and are firing on all cylinders, we can be a contender with our current roster. I'm happy with Rohlik and where we are headed. The next few months will not be easy by any means, but we DO have that capability. Very proud of our boys. Hope they can regroup over the break and Exter can work more with Davis, as it appears he is our goalie.

Comment

Working...
                                X