Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
    When you're sitting behind the goalie that the now-head coach recruited, it's pretty easy to predict what's going to happen; not that Olson ever did much to help his cause.
    Rohlik recruited both Olson and Tomkins.

I think the only obvious conclusion to draw from this is that Rohlik hates Americans.

Comment

Well obviously its Tomkins team now. Even if he would have a bad Fri game you would expect him to start Sat. I don't know much about Davis besides his Dad tells us about the weather in Cbus.

You have to hope Tomkins can stay healthy, not sure the plan if he would go down. I would take a kid who is always scratched and have him practice as emergency back up!

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Buck View Post
        Rohlik recruited both Olson and Tomkins.

I think the only obvious conclusion to draw from this is that Rohlik hates Americans.
        Oz hated Canadians. Rohlik hates Americans. At least we have a German coming in next year.

Comment

Originally posted by OSUmab View Post
          Well obviously its Tomkins team now. Even if he would have a bad Fri game you would expect him to start Sat. I don't know much about Davis besides his Dad tells us about the weather in Cbus.

You have to hope Tomkins can stay healthy, not sure the plan if he would go down. I would take a kid who is always scratched and have him practice as emergency back up!
          Logan Davis is the only other goalie on the roster. He is the backup and will get a lot more work in practice. Time for him to elevate his game a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
            Oz hated Canadians. Rohlik hates Americans. At least we have a German coming in next year.
            We are Buckeyes. We don't HATE anyone! Unless it's that team from up north. Let's not get into bashing nationalities, this isn't who we are.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGhost View Post
              We are Buckeyes. We don't HATE anyone! Unless it's that team from up north. Let's not get into bashing nationalities, this isn't who we are.
              and thus the

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGhost View Post
                But let's face reality, Olson is no Brady Hjelle either. As Rohlik says, it is what it is.
                Let's not forget as stellar as Hjelle was his senior year he didn't develop into that level of play until his SENIOR year.
                I see no reason Olson couldn't stay and develop more and compete to be the starter. You have much more time in practice than you do in games so his not starting is no serious detriment to his developing into a player that may someday make the NHL. HOWEVER if he does start where he goes next and he gives up goals like he did here that will be much more of a detriment to his future than not starting here in the eyes of the scouts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                  Let's not forget as stellar as Hjelle was his senior year he didn't develop into that level of play until his SENIOR year.
                  I see no reason Olson couldn't stay and develop more and compete to be the starter. You have much more time in practice than you do in games so his not starting is no serious detriment to his developing into a player that may someday make the NHL. HOWEVER if he does start where he goes next and he gives up goals like he did here that will be much more of a detriment to his future than not starting here in the eyes of the scouts.
                  Without a doubt. Joe Exeter is amazing what he can teach these boys.

Comment

if anyone is up to a doubleheader this weekend you can catch the women at 4PM against Bemidji State at the Ice Rink and then head over to the Schott at 8 PM for the men's game against Niagara.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                      I hear ya. It's always better to have 2 goalies battling for the starting spot of each game. It also makes them both better in practice. It lights a FIRE under there butts to be better.
                      " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

If you think you're all that so much so that you leave because you didn't get what you felt you deserved, then maybe you aren't what you think you are?

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
                          What???? These kids that are drafted ...make decisions (I'm sure with their families) based on a number of things. Not the least of which is how they can play and develop while going to college. There is also a huge input from the NHL team that has drafted them.
                          If Olson is not getting the playing time here, and not able to develop his game, then he should leave. He's not bolting and running so he can be more appreciated. He's making a tough decision that will ultimately allow him to play and develop his hockey game.
                          As for people questioning his commitment to the program....let's just say that OSU has been known to drop the ball in that department with over a dozen players in the last few years.
                          Again...what????

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            If you think you're all that so much so that you leave because you didn't get what you felt you deserved, then maybe you aren't what you think you are?

I hear ya. I'm just guessing until we hear the real story of why Olson left. It could be many such as , he was fearing his bad start was going to put him on the bench all season , his parents pressured him , the big guy with the NHL team told him what to do. GOOD LUCK to the kid.
                            " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Sounds like they started a bit slow tonight and woke up in time to win their 5th in 6 tries. Welcome back Tanner and Dzingle gets another goal thats 3 in 4 games for him after starting the season in a slump. Congrats to Matt on a fantastic game.

Comment

Good win tonight but sloppy at times. The crisp passing & puck handling from the last game was mostly lacking.

Comment

Working...
                                X