Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Originally posted by OSUmab View Post
    My phone was actually working in the Shoe Sat night. As I was following the score updates on twitter I got pretty tense when RMU made it 4-3! Glad we hung on for the win.

I must admit its going to be pretty weird to be in the Schott for Tues night hockey, Beat BG!
    The last tuesday home game i believe was against MSU 5 or 6 years ago during that year that they played a couple league games during the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
      Very nice that there were a both a tribute to George and a moment of silence prior to the Friday game.
      Yeah, I went to his viewing and I was starting to choke up during the moment of silence. George was there from the beginning and I have the good memories from the early 1960's of him and the beginning of the program, I will miss him.

Comment

Is there anyway to catch the games against UMD this weekend online with video?
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          Is there anyway to catch the games against UMD this weekend online with video?
          there should be. go to this link and the info will be posted to the right of the schedule after the Bowling Green game on Tuesday.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...key-sched.html

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
            I would think Tomkins gets the start winning 2 straight and then they split the 2 games with Duluth this weekend.
            Looks like Rookie Tomkins will be giving Olson a run at the starting position. Good luck to both goalies.
            " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
              I would think Tomkins gets the start winning 2 straight and then they split the 2 games with Duluth this weekend.
              Looks like Rookie Tomkins will be giving Olson a run at the starting position. Good luck to both goalies.
              " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

there should be. go to this link and the info will be posted to the right of the schedule after the Bowling Green game on Tuesday.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...key-sched.html
                Ahh, see I looked there but it wasn't available. Must be because it is not an upcoming game. Any idea of cost?
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Once again not clearing the puck cost them and once again they dig an early hole.

Comment

I liked the way this team battled in the 3rd after giving up goals. They came right back both times to take the lead and win the game. 3 straight wins going into the weekend against Duluth. The PK is still a huge problem as once again they give up a PPG for the 6th straight game.Sounded as if Tomkins did not have a chance on any of the 3 BG Goals. I would expect to see him on Friday night. See Everyone on Friday night! Go Bucks!

Comment

I thought it was an ugly game. Our passing was ATTROCIOUS! We were lucky BG didn't get another goal in the 1st as DaSilva had a guy behind our net dancing all around him with the puck and Justin is trying to only play him stick to stick. Is he afraid to hit someone smaller and knock them off the puck? Also breakdown in defense several times left a BG player wide open in front of our net!
                      We did make some good plays which won us the game but NO scoring on a brief 5 on 3 or a 5 min major?
                      Too many discrepancies in our game yet to make me feel comfortable going into this weekend.

Comment

Hockeybuckeye, from where I was sitting, the reason we don't score on power plays is because our positioning is terrible. We looked completely disorganized on the PP tonight. We didn't spread the ice very well to open up passing lanes and it made our PP easy for Bowling Green to defend. I'm with you, too many things that need to be cleaned up to make anyone feel like we are ready to challenge clubs like Minnesota-Duluth or the teams in the BIG (other than Penn State and possibly Michigan State, but you know the Spartans won't be down for long ... too much history and tradition in East Lansing). Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin, we have a long way to go to be competitive with those teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                          Ahh, see I looked there but it wasn't available. Must be because it is not an upcoming game. Any idea of cost?
                          the games will apparently be streamed online by the BTN (Big Ten Network). More than likely the link will be on OSU schedule page near game time.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                            Hockeybuckeye, from where I was sitting, the reason we don't score on power plays is because our positioning is terrible. We looked completely disorganized on the PP tonight. We didn't spread the ice very well to open up passing lanes and it made our PP easy for Bowling Green to defend. I'm with you, too many things that need to be cleaned up to make anyone feel like we are ready to challenge clubs like Minnesota-Duluth or the teams in the BIG (other than Penn State and possibly Michigan State, but you know the Spartans won't be down for long ... too much history and tradition in East Lansing). Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin, we have a long way to go to be competitive with those teams.
                            Agree, they take too long trying for that "perfect" shot or sometimes rushing in taking a shot from a bad angle before the rest of the guys come across the blue line and set up. They rarely send it across the ice for a quick slap but are taking too long to tee it up give the defense and goalie time to adjust. I just don't see that team chemistry yet where they know where their teammates will be and what they'll do.

Comment

the games will apparently be streamed online by the BTN (Big Ten Network). More than likely the link will be on OSU schedule page near game time.
                              I see it now. It's nice that you can purchase a month pass for only 10 Bucks. Wisconsin had it where you were charged every month unless you cancelled it. I just might order it.
                              tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                                Agree, they take too long trying for that "perfect" shot or sometimes rushing in taking a shot from a bad angle before the rest of the guys come across the blue line and set up. They rarely send it across the ice for a quick slap but are taking too long to tee it up give the defense and goalie time to adjust. I just don't see that team chemistry yet where they know where their teammates will be and what they'll do.
                                in their defense I'm sure they are still adjusting to the changes in the coaching staff. Even though 2/3 of it is the same there's a different person calling the shots. At this point in the season I'll be happy with progress. Now ---- if they continue to play this way in February I'll be on this site screaming the old "mad as hell and not going to take it any more" stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X