Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Time to vote for Ohio State Hockey 50th anniversary All Star Team members!
    http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...e-2013-ty.html

Comment

well digging another hole down 2 just 2:51 in and a goalie change already of course 1 of those were a PPG. Sounds like they left 2 guys right on the door step for rebounds.

Comment

Showing some grit getting it tied by the end of the first. Finally took advantage of their 3rd PP of the night. Angeli is playing some really good hockey and is probably the brightest spot so far in a dull start to the season.

Comment

Nice bounce back after being down 2-0 early. They have to be more disciplined giving up 2 PPG's tonight. The PK is getting way to much work and they are giving up way to many goals against them. On the road tomorrow hoping for a sweep and then a tough week ahead starting on Tuesday night.

Comment

Besides the win the best part for me was the band doing their first celebration performance of the season in the concourse after the game!

Comment

Well, the start was not good, but I like the way the Bucks finished. They are still taking stupid undisciplined penalties, as others have alluded to, but it was nice to see them get their first win of the season. Did anyone else think the goalie change didn't really have anything to do with the goaltending? I felt like Rohlik made that change to let the rest of the guys know he wasn't happy with the way they were playing. Thankfully, they were able to get the ship righted. Let's go for a sweep tomorrow night, then we have a little score to settle with my wife's Falcons Tuesday! Order needs to be restored in our home!

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                Did anyone else think the goalie change didn't really have anything to do with the goaltending?
                I think Colin was slow in his response especially going post to post. A known problem that so far he hasn't been able to correct. That's why I think he was pulled.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                  I think Colin was slow in his response especially going post to post. A known problem that so far he hasn't been able to correct. That's why I think he was pulled.
                  His defensemen weren't really helping, letting RMU's guys set up in the crease, but whatever the reason, it worked out. I noticed Tomkins got the start and the win today! Nice job by the guys getting a sweep.

Comment

Nice to see a sweep but i dont like to see the box score say 4-0 and then for what ever reason they might have let up and only win 4-3. Going for 3 straight and revenge on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                      Nice to see a sweep but i dont like to see the box score say 4-0 and then for what ever reason they might have let up and only win 4-3. Going for 3 straight and revenge on Tuesday.
                      Definitely. RMU certainly isn't the best team in the world, but to not hold a lead like that brings back memories of 10 days ago. The schedule only gets tougher from here.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGhost View Post
                        Definitely. RMU certainly isn't the best team in the world, but to not hold a lead like that brings back memories of 10 days ago. The schedule only gets tougher from here.
                        Definitely need to learn how to finish. That will come back to haunt us with the upcoming schedule if we don't get that corrected.

Comment

So who do you guys think will start in net tomorrow?

Comment

So who do you guys think will start in net tomorrow?
                            I would think Tomkins gets the start winning 2 straight and then they split the 2 games with Duluth this weekend.

Comment

Got the word that George passed. He will be at the Novak Funeral Home - http://www.novakfuneralhome.com/
                              George was one of the Founding Fathers of Ohio State hockey and a great guy. Anyone who wants to pay respects or send condolences I'm sure the family would be appreciative that our fans are grateful for George's contributions and legacy to our program.
                              Very nice that there were a both a tribute to George and a moment of silence prior to the Friday game.

Comment

My phone was actually working in the Shoe Sat night. As I was following the score updates on twitter I got pretty tense when RMU made it 4-3! Glad we hung on for the win.

I must admit its going to be pretty weird to be in the Schott for Tues night hockey, Beat BG!

Comment

Working...
                                X